• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Perplexing PMAG Problem

_Windrider_

Shiner of shoes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    So i took apart 6 10 round PMAGS to clean them out because they got so gunked up with dirt they stop feeding. But after putting them back together im still having the same issue. the spring isnt pushing the follower up and the bolt wont strip a round. ive tried everything i know of to fix this and i feel like i am missing something really stupid when i put these back together. Anyone got any suggestions? i cant imaging that 6 of 6 mags are suddently bad but every one of them is doing it which tells me its probably something id id. But its just a spring and a piece of plastic.

If follower is properly oriented which it likely is, try reversing the spring, both front to back and top to bottom. You must have changed something and that is all that can be changed.

I've had issues similar with new pmags, the follower was dragging and when the mag was empty the spring had the least amount of pressure on it and the follower would hang up just short of the top.took them apart and sprayed the follower channels/ridges with a aerosol dry film teflon spray. Worked like a charm after that. Maybe not your issue but I thought I would throw that out there

Reactions: MarinePMI
    I've had issues similar with new pmags, the follower was dragging and when the mag was empty the spring had the least amount of pressure on it and the follower would hang up just short of the top.took them apart and sprayed the follower channels/ridges with a aerosol dry film teflon spray. Worked like a charm after that. Maybe not your issue but I thought I would throw that out there
    I’m going to try this.

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip.

6925C4B8-F4C4-4051-BD90-82CD862AAA4E.jpeg