• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Perst 4, M300/600v combo?

vinniedelpino

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Charlotte NC
    So I'm just dipping my toes into the NV world for the first time.

I started looking at the i2 and now I'm mulling the idea of a Perst 4 for ~$500 and coupling it with a surefire m300v or something similar instead. I'm seeing them on sale for around $300, which together would put me in line with the i2 price-wise. I'm aware the perst is a little dirty, and that I'm SOL if I have issues with it. I'm willing to roll the dice there... I think.

I'm running a surefire mini scout on this rifle right now anyway, so I don't think rail estate is going to be an issue if I swap the light for a light/illuminator of similar size. Any reason why I should be looking for the laser/illuminator as a single unit if I'd have a flashlight as well?

This would be coupled with a filmless pvs-14. On another note... the perst laser seems like it's nuclear powered. Videos online show the laser with a 6-12" aiming point depending on distance. Is this camera trickery? Or is this what you see when lookig through the NODs?

Let me know what you guys think. Any input is much appreciated.

Honestly the civi ir lasers do pretty decent. It's the civi laser based illuminators that kinda suck. I'd think if your going full power laser you'd want a full power illuminator to go with it.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
    My perst 4 isn't a "dirty" laser. It's actually pretty solid. I have it dialed back to the lowest setting and keep it there. For me, the MAWL didn't justify the price, and Steiner's line up is pretty weak, except for the D2. However, for me the D2 is too damn big. The primary draw to the D2 is the illuminator and it's awesome, but it also throws visible red light which for me is a no-go.

I'm not sure what you're looking to do with your setup, but be advised there's not a solution that I'm currently aware of that will let you run a current gen perst 4 and a surefire on the same switch. I'm sure someone will figure it out though.

I prefer the perst 3, plus white light of your choice. You get the best of everything.

On the aiming issue, that's probably camera trickery. Like I stated above, I keep the perst 4 dialed all the way down (basically to civ levels) and the aiming point is super fine. No blooming issues for me.

Reactions: vinniedelpino