• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Phase 5 EBRV2

Regalkismet

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
I've had the EBRV2 on 3 rifles for going on two years and rarely see them mentioned in any forums...... Makes me wonder why.... They are well made and certainly more durable than the Magpul Bad lever version which is like the EBRV1 which essentially relies on screws to stay in place and makes it a no go for me..... The EBRV2 is a one piece replacement for the bolt release and even worth the money on ambi lowers as it makes it much easier and fluid to lock the bolt. Am I the only one that uses the EBRV2?

Last edited:
I don't lock the bolt back on my gun that much so I don't need to incure the extra expense. Besides, it's just something else to get caught on the rest of your kit.

I can appreciate your point.... Although I've yet to have it catch on anything as it doesn't really protrude much . Finger never needs to leave the ready position or even the well area. And only $50 or less... I guess I simply wondered why the Magpul Bad version is so popular when this design is far superior.

Last edited:
Sure, it looks cool and it's functional but I simply don't have any use for it. POF has a bolt release integrated into the lower which negates the need for something like the Phase 5. Refer to what's circled in red.

2hzqtyo.jpg

Last edited:
It's not my cup of tea on my personal rifles. Also, the only guys using them overseas were the psyops guys so I'm inclined to make fun of anyone using it. The standard manipulation works for me. I only want my finger in the trigger well if I'm going to be pulling the trigger. ;)

I have the ambi lower as well, but most people don't and I find it convenient on an ambi lower as well.... Definitely more so on a regular lower. But to each their own.... My question was more of why the Magpul version was more popular. Finger doesn't actually have to be in the finger well.

Last edited:
Sometimes I do.... Like I'm a UBR fan but that's about it.... Lancer L5 AWM mags for me.... I do have pmags but much prefer Lancer..... Pmags have served me well... No real complaints but I think Lancers are a better magazine.... Just my opinion.

Thanks posting your opinion on the ebvr2. I have ambi on my lwrc and really like it. I would like to have an ambi bolt release on my next two builds. I'm a little confused doesn't the ebr release the bolt? Or does it just assist in locking it back?

Thanks posting your opinion on the ebvr2. I have ambi on my lwrc and really like it. I would like to have an ambi bolt release on my next two builds. I'm a little confused doesn't the ebr release the bolt? Or does it just assist in locking it back?

It allows you to do both with trigger finger.....since my lowers are ambi I usually use the EBRV2 to lock back bolt and ambi lower button for release..... But before I had an ambi lower I used it for both. Push up to lock back and down to release. Maybe it just feels normal to me since I've used one for so long..... But I assure you it is a well designed and durable item.... That's why I posted as I've seen post about bad lever, which is junk, and how people love them but nothing on the EBRV2 which is so much better as far durability and reliability.

Last edited:
I purchased a bad lever for a recent build and it works alright but its not as tight as I'd like it to be. Plus it has been rubbing on the upper receiver. I'll be switching to one of these shortly to see if it feels better. But I do love having the ambi release and lock.

Which model Pof rifles do you have the Phase 5 EBRv2 on?

I have 2 P308's and not sure if i should get the AR15 version or the .308 version?

I use the Phase 5 Tactical EBRV2 on my LR-308 that I built. When I was getting all the parts together I came across info about them and just thought it looked way better than the Magpul or any other and it is one piece. It has a wicked look to it on the gun. It works great.

Some here just said they don't need one or seem to think its silly but no I don't think so. With this installed there is at last one less move I have to do when changing an empty mag, it's just easier & faster so why not? And good looks on my LR too so why not? Besides I'm into the looks too.

Yeah there doesn't seem to be a big band wagon for the Phase 5 version but I too have to wonder why that is. This one is certainly the best looking one out there and it works splendidly.

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Sure, it looks cool and it's functional but I simply don't have any use for it. POF has a bolt release integrated into the lower which negates the need for something like the Phase 5. Refer to what's circled in red.

2hzqtyo.jpg

Since the thread has been rehashed... That's all fine and well when you want to release the bolt, but when you want to lock it back it's far easier to manipulate it with an EBR or BAD lever than it is to change hand positions so you can use your left hand to lock it back. It's especially nice for those of us at matches who have to lock back every time we change firing positions.

I've had one on my DPMS LR-308 since Spring 2011 and couldn't be happier. It's a touch more popular with the 3gun crowd than the precision crowd. It makes the act of "unload and show clear" very quick and simple. To each their own.

If it's a DPMS Style 308 use the 308 version..... That being said I'm not familiar with the POF.... I have the 308 version on my Mega monolithic 308....

If it's a DPMS Style 308 use the 308 version..... That being said I'm not familiar with the POF.... I have the 308 version on my Mega monolithic 308....

Negative. Many manufacturers still use .223 bolt catches including POF.

Negative. Many manufacturers still use .223 bolt catches including POF.

I was stating what is posted on the phase V Web page, I'm sure Nick is right on... I've never compared the two versions even though I have both to see the actual difference when I installed them but they qualify their 308 version for DPMS STYLE 308's and like I said I'm not familiar with what POF uses.... Or exactly the difference between the two, I would assume it's longer.. I do find it odd that POF uses a 223 style, I can definitely see that causing confusion for POF owners .. I wonder why that is...

Last edited:
I have the Phase 5 lever on 3 or my rifles and I absolutely love it. 2 of those rifles are JP LRP07s, side chargers. The combination of the Phase 5 and the side charger makes for the fastest and most practical manipulation of an AR possible.

I was stating what is posted on the phase V Web page, I'm sure Nick is right on... I've never compared the two versions even though I have both to see the actual difference when I installed them but they qualify their 308 version for DPMS STYLE 308's and like I said I'm not familiar with what POF uses.... Or exactly the difference between the two, I would assume it's longer.. I do find it odd that POF uses a 223 style, I can definitely see that causing confusion for POF owners .. I wonder why that is...

My info came from first hand experience and direct dealings with Phase 5. A lot of manufacturers stick with w 223 because it simply saves money and enables them to use from one lot instead of two on all productions.

+1 for the EBRv2. I installed it on my black rain .308 and it makes a world of difference. I can now lock my bolt back from prone easily without having to do the reach over/under find the bolt release game. Just a great idea/design for the people that can install a B.A.D lever.

I have the Phase 5 lever on 3 or my rifles and I absolutely love it. 2 of those rifles are JP LRP07s, side chargers. The combination of the Phase 5 and the side charger makes for the fastest and most practical manipulation of an AR possible.

How did you you get it to work? I bought one about six months ago and installed it on my LRP07. It wouldn't lock the bolt back so I sent it back and was refunded. Since then, JP has started selling them on their site but theres a note saying it requires "some small modification" to work on an LRP07.

How did you you get it to work? I bought one about six months ago and installed it on my LRP07. It wouldn't lock the bolt back so I sent it back and was refunded. Since then, JP has started selling them on their site but theres a note saying it requires "some small modification" to work on an LRP07.

All my LRP07s came from JP with it installed. Whatever modification is necessary, I dont know exactly what it is.

I promise you that if you call the shop they will explain it. They are swamped and if they dont answer just leave a message, they are great about returning calls.

So which version fits the POF .308? the EBRV2? or the or the v1? I am assuming the EBRV2. I just want to be correct before I purchase one and have to send it back

So which version fits the POF .308? the EBRV2? or the or the v1? I am assuming the EBRV2. I just want to be correct before I purchase one and have to send it back

The .223 EBRv2 should fit. I don't think anything has changed that would indicate using the 308 version.

I use the EBRv2 on both of my LWRCs. I also use their winter trigger guard on both. Love their products.

BR,

Okay, now to make things more complicated, there are two versions of it, there is a ebrv2 and now a ebrv2 SC handle, can anybody clarify that? sure appreciated the help.

Okay, now to make things more complicated, there are two versions of it, there is a ebrv2 and now a ebrv2 SC handle, can anybody clarify that? sure appreciated the help.

The SC is for side chargers. You just want the regular EBRv2

They offer two of the catches for the 308. Does any one know which one will fit my GAP 10 308. The website says DPMS type or ArmaLite type. My guess would be the ArmaLite catch would be the one.

The SC is for side chargers. You just want the regular EBRv2

I used the EBRv2SC for the LMT 308. The only difference is the head on the EBRv2SC is shorter for the side charger so that does not mean that you can't use it on a charging handle type upper. I posted pictures here awhile back of it on the LMT.

They offer two of the catches for the 308. Does any one know which one will fit my GAP 10 308. The website says DPMS type or ArmaLite type. My guess would be the ArmaLite catch would be the one.
Contact Don or Kyle at Phase 5 Tactical. They are a wealth of knowledge and will guide you in the right direction. What 's so good about their EBR over the MagPul, which I used for years, is that Phase 5 is a one piece system and not a single screw holding the two parts together over the OEM bolt release.
Some don't like having the EBR but for me it works very well and I have trained myself enough to not think twice about using it.

I used the EBRv2SC for the LMT 308. The only difference is the head on the EBRv2SC is shorter for the side charger so that does not mean that you can't use it on a charging handle type upper. I posted pictures here awhile back of it on the LMT.

Contact Don or Kyle at Phase 5 Tactical. They are a wealth of knowledge and will guide you in the right direction. What 's so good about their EBR over the MagPul, which I used for years, is that Phase 5 is a one piece system and not a single screw holding the two parts together over the OEM bolt release.
Some don't like having the EBR but for me it works very well and I have trained myself enough to not think twice about using it.

Thank you for the clarification on the SC. As for the GAP 10 in 308 he needs the .223 version. I know from personal experience since I had a GAP 10 in 308.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...brv2-gap-10-install-review-%2Aupdated%2A.html

Another +1 for the EBRv2. Have it on my SBR. I had a BAD lever on first but didn't like the fit. Have this on and love how solid it is. I am a righty, but find myself using it for both bolt open and bolt close operations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_6863.jpg
I just installed one on my new JP SCR-11 and the non SC fit and cleared my side charging handle. Awesome!!

Last edited:
I ordered the tactical link, but am thinking about switching to the phase 5 design. I really like the access to the hammer pin. The tac link and magpul run directly over top of the pin making removal necessary for pin access