• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pic request: PSS + PTG and/or Wiliams floorplate

verrocchio100

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2003
Pac-O
Hey fellas, can anyone please post any pics of a PSS with a PTG or Williams bottom metal, either standard/factory release or Obendorf.

Wanted to see if either floorplate will still relatively flush or if it sits up a bit.

Thanks!

Re: Pic request: PSS + PTG and/or Wiliams floorplate

Not a PSS, but here's PT&G alloy bottom metal on a Remington Hunter. Fits well. I like it enough that I used it on my most recent build, also in a McMillan Remington Hunter. PT&G tells me they actually make the bottom metal for the Remington Custom Shop. I believe the measurements are the same as factory bottom metal.

John

RemingtonHunteron308012.jpg

RemingtonHunteron308013.jpg

RemingtonHunteron308005.jpg

Thanks for the reply fellas!

I already got an M4 but dedicated to a rifle inletted accordingly.

Wondering if there is a more drop in BDL fit into an HS stock.

Here's a Williams in an HS Precision stock I had before. When you order just tell them what you're putting the floorplate in and it's a no brainer, drop in without any issues.

700Pk.jpg

Is the Williams steel or Aluminum?

Also is the PTG oberndorf drop in as well?

Williams is steel, CM only.

PTG Oberndorf is drop in to OEM Rem BDL. Offered in both Aluminum and both steels (CM and SS)- if I remember correctly. Thier site has all the information.

Note: Have to be careful using McMillan stocks. They inlet OEM Rem BDL's with 'shadow' indent for the door. This causes the Williams and PTG Oberndorf to not fit perfectly. McMillan has an inlet for Williams. I don't know if they have anything special for PTG.

Thanks fellas!

SR15 that's the pic I was looking for, thanks!

I did receive an email from Dave Kiff @ PTG indicating the bottom metals they make are modeled after the factory Remington offerings.

Glad to be of service.

And yes like mentioned when dropping that Williams into a McM that's inletted for a factory Rem it will require a little fiddling but not much. I put the Williams in the picure in a McM I bought from JWP, trimmed a little and bedded it with Devcon, it came out perfect.

Before bedding & pillars:
DSCN0772-Copy.jpg

DSCN0771-Copy.jpg

After:
DSCN0776-Copy.jpg

DSCN0775-Copy.jpg