• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pick two calibers

Healy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2018
If you could only have two bolt action rifles what calibers would you choose? Hunting, competition either way only two calibers what would you pick?

Reactions: Aescobar17
I went with 7mm SAW as it covers most bases for me and am now tossing up between 300PRC and 300NM for my magnum calibre.

Are we talking Z-apocalypse or what we’d prefer if limited to just 2?
Apocalypse-.308 and 300wm
Just 2-338 AI variant and 6.5creed.

Either the 6br or 6x47 Either is very accurate for target and good from varmints to small horned stuff
And 300 NM Good to out to a mile on steel and would take most game in the states.

Thats hard. I want to say 223 but when reloading it isnt that much different than anything else so I would probably go with a 6br for comps and fun and a 3006 for hunting and longer range. And thats probably what Im working my way towards after this dasher barrel is done for.

I’m going to go with .223AI and .260
Two very efficient calibres for what they can do and both are highly versatile in terms of they can do and cheap’ish to run compared to similarly capable calibers.

Reactions: Bender
6.5 Creed

I figured there would be more consistency with people's choices. A poll would be interesting.

I thought about a poll, but that would be a lot of options on 1 poll

Reactions: Campguy308
.223 AI
.338 LM AI

Kinda one extreme to the other, but if I'm going to be limited to just two...

Reactions: BCX
Being an old guy, also my first post on this forum, I am not a flavor of the month kinda guy and don't like the metric system so I am going with : .277 and .458. In other words 270 Win and 45-70 Govm't. They both have worked for 100 years.