• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picked up an MDT ACC with a Howa 1500 footprint, any best practices to get accurate to 1000m+?

LargeTalons

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2023
Chicago
So I grabbed an ACC chassis in Howa, figuring I'd drop in a Brownell's barreled action and have a fun way to start playing around in long range bolt action. I've built Remington 700 style hunting rifles and a JP LRP AR-10, but never a Howa and never a competition gun.

So now I'm thinking, what is the best way to build this for bench shooting accuracy assuming cost is not a big deal? Can I make this a great gun or should I stick with good for the money and go Brownell's?

My Howa Barreled Action from Brownells in 6.5 Creedmoor in an MDT ACC Premier has gone to 1,204 yards.

Get an MDT scope rail, a reliable scope that has a reticle that works with your eyes and brain, good scope rings, a good bipod, and good ammo and that is all you need.

-Stan