• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picked up my new 338 Lapua Friday.

TDH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
metro Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I had RWSGunsmithing build me a 338 Lapua. He posted a couple of similar rifles in the classifieds a while back. Spec'ed out as follows:

Lawton 7000 action w/ Fluted bolt
AICS 2.0
Krieger 28" 1:9.35 barrel
Black cerakote
Badger FTE

Sorry the pics aren't "tactical." My neighbors are easily freaked
wink.gif

3938294307_c8c157dc42_b.jpg

3938294139_dfc71ec365_b.jpg

3938293571_f9a91b97c7_b.jpg

3938293879_c400d971c2_b.jpg

Re: Picked up my new 338 Lapua Friday.

That is a loooooong barrel! It's got ME freaked! Nice rifle indeed. Enjoy!

TDH, perfect barrel length for that caliber in my opinion.
Great looking rig. Do not have any experience with the Badger FTE. Is it removable for cleaning the crown ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bluejazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TDH, perfect barrel length for that caliber in my opinion.
Great looking rig. Do not have any experience with the Badger FTE. Is it removable for cleaning the crown ? </div></div>

Yes the FTE is removable. No timing necessary so its almost perfect if you remove it regularly. I'm anxious to get her out. Just waiting on the base now and I should be good to go.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

thats exactly what I want for a 338 lapua. funny im not even done building my 308 and have plans for the next one. I hate how that works. when will this end?

what kind of glass are you going to toss on that beast? BTW, nice stick.

Beautiful gun! I'd love to hear a range report.

Also, where do you guys get those nifty thumbwheels for the cheekpiece?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoundFx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful gun! I'd love to hear a range report.

Also, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">where do you guys get those nifty thumbwheels for the cheekpiece</span></span>? </div></div>

Bauer Arms.

RWS appears to be building some very intriguing things lately. Nicely done.

Tell yours neighbors to lighten up....some day you might be saving their ASS. Sweet rig!