• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pics of Rem. SPS Tactical with 50mm Obj. Scopes and badger rings and bases

zubey06

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2013
Can anyone on here please post pictures of your Remington SPS Tactical Rifles that have 50mm objective scopes and badger ordnance rings? Give full description of rifle specs like ring height of the the badger rings and type of scope, along with the picture. Im trying to see what size of Badger rings will fit my SPS Tactical with a Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20x50 M5, with a Badger 20 MOA scope rail. Thank ya'll. Also any advice would be nice, im looking to get the scope as close to the receiver with out touching. my scope has a 30mm tube.

i watched that video, i just like a visual of what i want before i order

Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 on Badger Medium's with a Badger 20MOA base on a Rem 700 AAC-SD(same barrel profile as the SPS Tactical). I have AT LEAST 1/4"(0.250)(not measured, just eye balled) between the scope objective and barrel. You are talking a 0.06" difference between the standard and medium rings. IMO you could run Badger "Standard" height rings and still have clearance, but maybe not enough to run Butler Creek caps.

IMG_20130415_165052.jpg

If you aren't dead set on Badger, Seekins low rings are perfect, especially with butler creek caps! Can't go wrong either way!

Here's my AAC-SD with an IOR Valdada 4-14x50 in Badger standard height(lows) on a Badger 20 MOA base. Plenty of clearance even with a Butler Creek on the front obj.

2ah7gqh.jpg

9qckly.jpg

Last edited:
I just recently got a kimber 8400 AT and picked up a set of seekins lows and I had the same fear. I think they will fit. The Seekins rings are definitely nice