• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pics of the Flaming Pig...

NoveSPR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2010
Gov. Blago's Paradise
I think I may have finally figured out how to post these so here goes...

Limited release Noveske 18" FDE SPR 5.56mm stainless barrel, 1 in 7" twist

--Vltor VIS 12" monolithic upper
--Extended Feed Ramps
--Beadblasted finish on barrel
--1/2x28 threads
--Vortex flash suppressor
--Intermediate length gas system
--Geissele SSA two stage trigger
--Shot peened and MP tested bolt
--Properly staked carrier key
--Auto carrier
--Mil-Spec receiver extension, staked
--H Buffer --Vltor E-Mod buttstock
--Tango Down pistol grip
--Six Tango Down SCAR rail panel covers
--Noveske QD receiver end plate sling mount
--Low-profile gas block pinned to barrel
--Flip-up front and rear sights
--V-TAC Sling, Khaki
--Eagle discreet LE case, with Noveske Logo
--ADM 30mm Recon scope mount, Tan
--Two QD sling swivels
--MI 1913 Heavy Duty Sling mount, FDE.

The rifle sits on an Atlas V7 bipod and wears an IOR Valdada Gen IV 2.5-10 x 42 30mm Tactical First Focal Plane, MP-8 Dot Illuminated Reticule.

CIMG0853.jpg

CIMG0859.jpg

CIMG0852.jpg

Re: Pics of the Flaming Pig...

Very nice build! I like all the matching tan components, and I think your setup is just about perfect for that 2.5-10x IOR.

If anyone wants one of these, there is one on gunbroker Item # 169906306. Its used, but its the first one I've seen in better than 6 mos.

Wow that is a first class AR. Have fun shooting.

My buddy has the same gun. It is amazing! It has me wanting to Duracoat Noveske Reece FDE.

I love the IOR 2.5-10. The turrets are very solid, and the glass is impressive.

Good work!

As far as 100 yd groups go, I really havent spent much time other than initial sight in and then went on to 200 yards to zero the optic. I cant really explain why but my ability as a shooter at 100 yards leaves much to be desired. I guess thats why I'm not a big fan of guys who post pinhole "groups". In answer to your question, at 400 yards I was able to put 3 shots in the head of a B-27 target silhoutte all within less than 2" using 50 gr Vmax Black Hills. At 500 yards using 69 gr SMK I landed 3 rounds in the same head at just under 2 1/8". This is not only a testament to a 1 in 7 twist ss barrel's versatility but also to this rifles capability as I am certainly no Bob Lee Swagger! I suppose a true 5 shot group would result in some greater deviance from the pattern but you get the picture. I'll try to post some pics if I have the chance. BTW, It is quite fun to watch those 1 gallon water jugs explode from 500 yards!