• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pics - Remy 700/NXS/Manners T2A

porkchop817

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2009
Mansfield, Tx
Hey guys and gals, heres some pics of my rifle.

Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308
Manners T2A
Badger M5 Bottom Metal
Harris 6"-9" w/ Swivel
TIS M24 Sling
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50mm w/ Zerostop Mil/Mil

Click on the images for bigger pictures

They are cell phone pics, so the quality isn't the greatest. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a chance to get the digital out and take some pics.

Re: Pics - Remy 700/NXS/Manners T2A

just out of curiousity what did you use to get the lettering white?

i used white nail polish. it was really simple. Just brushed the nail polish over some of the lettering, and wiped a paper towel with nail polish remover over the top. It removed everything but what was down in the engraved letters.

I did 5 or so letters at a time to make sure that the nail polish didn't have any time to set up.

Nice looking rig, who did the bedding for you or did you bed it yourself?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking rig, who did the bedding for you or did you bed it yourself? </div></div>

To be honest, the stock is used, I bought it from tjonh2001 here on the forum. The rifle was bedded for his rifle, and that is how I received it. I haven't bedded it for my rifle yet, I'm gonna take it to the range sometime this week and see how it shoots the way it is. I will make it a project to bed the rifle myself eventually, depending on how it shoots in its current state will determine how soon I do that.

Anyone had any experience with something like this? Shooting a barrel/action in a stock that was bedded for another barrel/action, any thoughts?

My 300WM still isn't bedded....I shot 5 shots at 100 into 9/16" and 9 shots into 2 9/16 at 300 yards with the 10th flyer about 3" low.

Shoot it out to 1k yards repeatably too but that far and with my skill it could be the wind change but not likely the bedding....I still FL size the brass too since I am to lazy to buy a neck sizer die!!!

good looking stick....

I have a couple of Manners and really like them...just waiting till they can offer the gelcoat for my next order....

Is the notch in the cheekpiece cut out for when you remove the bolt, and does it come standard like that? Looking good by-the-way. Hope she shoots good for you.

Thats such a hot looking rig. I love the way black contrasts with the OD. Now go shoot the thing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Troskie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the notch in the cheekpiece cut out for when you remove the bolt, and does it come standard like that? Looking good by-the-way. Hope she shoots good for you. </div></div>

Yes, that is what that notch is for, and I assume that it came that way from the factory. I bought it second hand from a member here, that is how I received it. When I first got the stock, before I put it on the rifle, I kept thinking WTH is that ugly cut out in the cheekpiece for?? Then after putting it back together, it came time to slide the bolt back in there, and the light came on. That cut out definately comes in handy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Troskie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the notch in the cheekpiece cut out for when you remove the bolt, and does it come standard like that? Looking good by-the-way. Hope she shoots good for you. </div></div>

It's intentionally milled out for the reason you stated as a standard feature. As is the top for the barrel channel and receiver, and the bottom for the bottom metal.