• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters PIMP my tripod.

Mudflap621

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2020
So finally pulled the trigger on my first tripod setup and looking for ideas, pictures, suggestions of what accessories your running for your tripod as far as load shelves pouches etc for PRS and hunting. I ordered the tfct-33 and it'll be topped with a set of sac 10x42 on an outdoorsman mount for spotting and glassing mostly. I was thinking of just wrapping the legs with vet tape as its cheap and replaceable.

What are your must haves and little hacks for gear management etc. Been trying to search around for pictures and having a hard time finding much.

Pictures of your setup in use are a plus!

I like to keep things natural and simple. All skills, no frills, with 2 dills.
6C1B59A0-33C4-4C6A-B15F-44EC3EBF6A4B.png

I wrapped one led with hockey tape. Just one though. I ocassionally rear tripod so thats the one I always brace my stock against.

I havent done any shelves or anything on mine.

I started using Ridge Precision tripod fanny pack 2.0 for the last couple of matches. I find it handy with managing my data stuff. It allows you to keep a lot of your stuff on the tripod.

I started using Ridge Precision tripod fanny pack 2.0 for the last couple of matches. I find it handy with managing my data stuff. It allows you to keep a lot of your stuff on the tripod.

That looks like a pretty cool setup. Like it gives you the pocket as well as the shelf.

I run one similar to this. Has some loops for pen holders on one side.

Hi,

It gets no more pimp than this setup from @lowlight

View attachment 7678612

Sincerely,
Theis
Yeah, but that's only certified for Muchkin weight, right? haha ;-)

@Mudflap621 - not a high end bipod, its a Pig Lite with a The Mub....well, MUB (multi-unit base, I think???) and some Sunwayfoto ball heads. Very good for what I use it for at the range.

1627919861836.jpeg

Reactions: Defender32
Yeah, but that's only certified for Muchkin weight, right? haha ;-)

@Mudflap621 - not a high end bipod, its a Pig Lite with a The Mub....well, MUB (multi-unit base, I think???) and some Sunwayfoto ball heads. Very good for what I use it for at the range.

View attachment 7678714
Looks like a sweet setup this is the ideas I’m looking for thanks guys. It’s nice to see what works for different people.

Looks like a sweet setup this is the ideas I’m looking for thanks guys. It’s nice to see what works for different people.
Here you go...and I'm quite happy with that platform. Like I said, for what I use it for it works very well but I'm not a competitor dragging it around stages, etc.

And MUB, per their website = The Multi-Use-Block So many acronyms, so little memory! haha

Love my ridge precision fanny pack! Use them on all my tripods for hanging onto whatever while I'm moving gear around on the go.

Guy who makes them is a solid stand up guy too

I run the Traust. For extra $$ you can get the included Lowlight. He's in the bottom. 🤠

I really like my MOD DOS M.U.B. It has changed just a little since this picture. I plan to add the Armageddon Gear Tripod Caddie to it as well.
tempImageqUd0im.png

Tripod showed up today and I’m a little worried about height. I went with the tfct-33 and mounted my binos with an outdoorsman stud and its a little short. If I creep legs in off of stops I can get it to full standing height or if I kinda spread my legs out I can settle down into binos. I really didn’t want to have to go with a 4 section. I did some quick measurements and I need like raise 4” to be at comfortable standing height. This thing is badass otherwise can’t wait to spend some time behind it if I decide to stay with it. I was thinking I could possibly make a spacer block for the bino mount? What you guys suggest?

Tripod showed up today and I’m a little worried about height. I went with the tfct-33 and mounted my binos with an outdoorsman stud and its a little short. If I creep legs in off of stops I can get it to full standing height or if I kinda spread my legs out I can settle down into binos. I really didn’t want to have to go with a 4 section. I did some quick measurements and I need like raise 4” to be at comfortable standing height. This thing is badass otherwise can’t wait to spend some time behind it if I decide to stay with it. I was thinking I could possibly make a spacer block for the bino mount? What you guys suggest?
Ive seen a 2x4 with arca drilled on both end.

Ive seen a 2x4 with arca drilled on both end.
Now that’s pimpin. I’m leaning towards trying to find the 24 but can’t seem to find one anywhere. Kinda bummed.

decisions decisions.

One of these with an arca plate on bottom and arca clamp on top.

So I would like to pull this thread back from the dead. I'm wondering what tripod setups are people running for precision rifle competition. More interested in the accessories on the tripod more then just a tripod. Pics would be awesome like what are already in this thread.

So I would like to pull this thread back from the dead. I'm wondering what tripod setups are people running for precision rifle competition. More interested in the accessories on the tripod more then just a tripod. Pics would be awesome like what are already in this thread.
612DB53F-8181-4654-A4F5-4B3F0B29F28C.jpeg

Leica 3000b’s for ranging , finding targets etc.

Minox with awesome reticle for some spotting , pre running stages , measuring targets etc

68001366-5E76-4AB9-A207-DDB6A5123A1E.jpeg

Recon v for spotting , seeing trace