• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Piston vs Gas for an AR???

Re: Piston vs Gas for an AR???

Generally the answer between gas and piston lies within the operating platform. Youre talking 5.56 AR platform? Gas piston is far better for shorter barrels, machine gun barrels and barrels that are going to be experiencing a very high rate of fire. Gas tubes are better for longer barrels and barrels that arent going to be fired at incredibly high rates. So its really up to you. Gas will definitely get the job done, piston may do it a bit better especially with the cleanliness and reliability of the rifle. Its up to the end user. I know dudes that love it, I know dudes that complain that its harder to fix a gas piston in theatre. its up to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reliability? Hows that HK416 working out...</div></div>

Lumping all piston opiated rifles in the same pile as the HK416 really isn't giving the rest of them a fair shake. Although the HK may have reliability issues that doesn't necessarily mean the rest of them do and we won't know for sure until they are put through the torture testing scenarios.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reliability? Hows that HK416 working out...</div></div>

Lumping all piston opiated rifles in the same pile as the HK416 really isn't giving the rest of them a fair shake. Although the HK may have reliability issues that doesn't necessarily mean the rest of them do and we won't know for sure until they are put through the torture testing scenarios. </div></div>

Who has the hk416 with problems? I thought HK was the shit. Nobody has expressed problems with it on hkpro.net. I chose POF and felt bad for not going with my standard HK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DI, I had over 250,000 rounds out of my work gun (M-4) in 4 years though 6 barrel barrels cleaned it once in a while and never had a problem. You just have to keep the DI guns lubed. They do get really dirty real fast when suppressed.
99% of failure to feed, failure to fire on the AR platform can be directly linked to the magazine. </div></div>

Even PMAG's?
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also IIRC some piston setups are quite heavy compared to an equal DI setup, also a negative for me.
</div></div>

+1 The LWRC M6A2 feels like a RR, heavy on the front end. I like my ar's very light, don't have anything on 'em either. Magpul MBUS is always going on, LWRC sights are heavier too...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you have <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">yet to see a drawback of the DI system</span></span> then you're in denial or simply blind. There's the carbon build up issue and overheating issue that plainly stand out which a true piston rifle does not have.
</div></div>

Both systems have drawbacks....If you have yet to see a drawback of the piston system then you're in denial or simply blind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Can you turn off the gas to a DI rifle and operate it as you would a bolt rifle? That's another feature of the regulated gas piston rifle. </div></div>

Sure can! Noveske sells rifles with the Switchblock option, which gives you the option to do exactly that. There's also a company or two that can make an adjustable gas block that does basically the same thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And don't tell me M4s don't work in the cold. The military uses them at -40. The Canadian military uses them in the arctic. They work... you're doing something wrong. </div></div>

+1 CLP is in the Army manual. Directions on the can say to let sit overnight if possible. I would assume guns locking up in cold weather would be due to underlubrication and/or using water based lubricants.....like I believe Hoppes is

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supermoto917</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That LMT is wicked, you get the best of both worlds I think. I own both the DI and piston systems and I love them both. If you don't have the option of buying both start out with a DI gun then venture out to the newer concept of the piston driven rifles. Believe me for most it doesn't stop at 1 gun. Just make sure you buy a quality machine and your off to a good start. </div></div>

Solid advice. Any situation or failure is covered then.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kimberseries1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you have <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">yet to see a drawback of the DI system</span></span> then you're in denial or simply blind. There's the carbon build up issue and overheating issue that plainly stand out which a true piston rifle does not have.
</div></div>

Both systems have drawbacks....If you have yet to see a drawback of the piston system then you're in denial or simply blind.

Can you turn off the gas to a DI rifle and operate it as you would a bolt rifle? That's another feature of the regulated gas piston rifle. </div></div>

Sure can! Noveske sells rifles with the Switchblock option, which gives you the option to do exactly that. There's also a company or two that can make an adjustable gas block that does basically the same thing.</div></div>

Perhaps you should read all of my comments again before running your mouth because I haven't denied the issues when dealing with a gas piston i.e. proprietary parts, some have carrier tilt issues, added weight (albeit a slight amount), and very little in terms of accuracy.

There really is no real benefit to a piston AR. You can expect to pay up to twice as much for what people are telling you is a benefit. Does the bolt carrier in a gas piston stay cooler? Yes, but really who cares? the AR15 is capable of withstanding extreme temperatures. Dos a gas piston chamber stay a little cleaner when shot unsuppressed? Yes, but again who cares? An Ar15 will run just fine dirty.

As an experiment, I have been running my 10.5 Noveske Basic DI gas upper suppressed. I only cleaned off the packing oil and lubed it with TW25 once when I first got it. I am well over 500 rounds, all shot suppressed, and the gun is still running fine. Not at all sluggish. It is completely filthy but runs just fine.

And guess what? If it were a gas piston that I was shooting suppressed, it would be just as dirty.

I too drank the kool-aid and had a gas piston Ar15 for a while; thinking it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I soon realized that there were no real benefits. There is nothing that a gas piston AR can do that a DI gun can't...NOTHING!!

Buy whatever gun you want, pay whatever price you want, but please don't be under any illusion that a gas piston system AR is some how more capable than a DI system.

Post should say DI vs. Piston, since both DI and Piston are gas guns (spent gas to cycle the action).

For AR's my vote goes to DI all the way! I use to be a big proponent of Piston-AR's but after about 3 or so years of using both, I can easily say DI is the way to go.

If you shoot suppress, both shoot equally dirty as most of the blowback gas will blowback through the barrel, and not the gas system.

If you shoot Wolf, both will shoot equally dirty. Since chamber does not fully seal, you will get a lot of blowback gunk in the action.

I know the Piston-AR guys are always claiming how piston guns runs cooler, and it does at the bolt, but check out the gas block and you will see that is wear the heat is. My LWRC M6A2 return springs gets totally mashed in about 500 rounds, the only solution for me is to have extra return springs if I intend to shoot suppress a lot. If you let the return-spring get mashed too much, the cup that holds the return spring will then break. The M6A3 where you can dial down the gas helps a lot in keeping parts from breaking... but all this tells me is the Piston-AR's can't take the abuse of being over gassed.

There is a reason why the HK416 Piston parts are so beefy, this is to keep them from breaking under extreme usage.

My DI Noveske is a 14.5" Barrel, has no adjustable gas block, and it has shot about 5000 suppressed rounds and it's still going strong.

I have also found DI guns easy to clean. Just keep them liberally lubed with Mobil-1. The Mobil-1 not only acts as a lube, but also a detergent and prevents carbon build up. A gun can only gunk up so much when using excessive lube, the lube actually helps pushes the gunk out of the gun. Most of the time I clean, it just involves wiping down with paper towels for the internals, swabbing the barrel and chamber, and relube.

I feel I need to say my peace... I like both.... but to say a gas gun is superior to a piston AR is fucking stupid. I too have ran an AR platform for numerous years (2 in combat... like so many others on this board). My colt performed well for the conditions it served in. I now sport LWRC products and love it. Personally if I got back in to run and gun comps I do feel a DI set up is a better choice for the fact that they have slightly less recoil. My LWRC products have been perfect function wise and the added few ounces don't bother me. It's simple.. Buy your product from a solid company that produces a stand out item in terms of build quality and customer service/ties to the shooting community. Don't buy fucking junk AR's/piston kits and expect them to run like a gun built from the ground up with intelligent people behind the controls. Buy what fits your requirements and push that bitch till it breaks, fix the issue and drive on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel I need to say my peace... I like both.... but to say a gas gun is superior to a piston AR is fucking stupid. I too have ran an AR platform for numerous years (2 in combat... like so many others on this board). My colt performed well for the conditions it served in. I now sport LWRC products and love it. Personally if I got back in to run and gun comps I do feel a DI set up is a better choice for the fact that they have slightly less recoil. My LWRC products have been perfect function wise and the added few ounces don't bother me. It's simple.. <span style="font-weight: bold">Buy your product from a solid company that produces a stand out item in terms of build quality and customer service/ties to the shooting community. Don't buy fucking junk AR's/piston kits and expect them to run like a gun built from the ground up with intelligent people behind the controls. Buy what fits your requirements and push that bitch till it breaks, fix the issue and drive on.</span></div></div>

Now THAT is something I can absolutely agree with!

Honestly they both work when properly used, it comes down to preference and money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel I need to say my peace... I like both.... but to say a gas gun is superior to a piston AR is fucking stupid. I too have ran an AR platform for numerous years (2 in combat... like so many others on this board). My colt performed well for the conditions it served in. I now sport LWRC products and love it. Personally if I got back in to run and gun comps I do feel a DI set up is a better choice for the fact that they have slightly less recoil. My LWRC products have been perfect function wise and the added few ounces don't bother me. It's simple.. <span style="font-weight: bold">Buy your product from a solid company that produces a stand out item in terms of build quality and customer service/ties to the shooting community. Don't buy fucking junk AR's/piston kits and expect them to run like a gun built from the ground up with intelligent people behind the controls. Buy what fits your requirements and push that bitch till it breaks, fix the issue and drive on.</span></div></div>

Now THAT is something I can absolutely agree with! </div></div>

I guess I am just Fucking Stupid then! Besides, you 2 are not the only ones that carried an AR in combat. What does that mean anyway? you lugged a gun around while wearing a uniform that means you understand the Engineering of it? Most of our guns in the Army were well used and near End of Life anyways.

Please tell me how a Piston is more superior? This fucking idiot wants to know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel I need to say my peace... I like both.... but to say a gas gun is superior to a piston AR is fucking stupid. I too have ran an AR platform for numerous years (2 in combat... like so many others on this board). My colt performed well for the conditions it served in. I now sport LWRC products and love it. Personally if I got back in to run and gun comps I do feel a DI set up is a better choice for the fact that they have slightly less recoil. My LWRC products have been perfect function wise and the added few ounces don't bother me. It's simple.. <span style="font-weight: bold">Buy your product from a solid company that produces a stand out item in terms of build quality and customer service/ties to the shooting community. Don't buy fucking junk AR's/piston kits and expect them to run like a gun built from the ground up with intelligent people behind the controls. Buy what fits your requirements and push that bitch till it breaks, fix the issue and drive on.</span></div></div>

I guess I am just Fucking Stupid then! Besides, you 2 are not the only ones that carried an AR in combat. What does that mean anyway? you lugged a gun around while wearing a uniform that means you understand the Engineering of it? Most of our guns in the Army were well used and near End of Life anyways.

Please tell me how a Piston is more superior? This fucking idiot wants to know.</div></div>

Nowhere in my post above did I say the piston is superior; that is something people have to decide on themselves. Furthermore, nowhere have I ever implied I am an armed forces veteran.

Sounds like someone is getting a little emotional...

bayi_paling_pintar_smart_baby.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel I need to say my peace... I like both.... but to say a gas gun is superior to a piston AR is fucking stupid. I too have ran an AR platform for numerous years (2 in combat... like so many others on this board). My colt performed well for the conditions it served in. I now sport LWRC products and love it. Personally if I got back in to run and gun comps I do feel a DI set up is a better choice for the fact that they have slightly less recoil. My LWRC products have been perfect function wise and the added few ounces don't bother me. It's simple.. <span style="font-weight: bold">Buy your product from a solid company that produces a stand out item in terms of build quality and customer service/ties to the shooting community. Don't buy fucking junk AR's/piston kits and expect them to run like a gun built from the ground up with intelligent people behind the controls. Buy what fits your requirements and push that bitch till it breaks, fix the issue and drive on.</span></div></div>

Please tell me how a Piston is more superior? This fucking idiot wants to know.</div></div>

Nowhere in my post above did I say the piston is superior; that is something people have to decide on themselves. Furthermore, nowhere have I ever implied I am an armed forces veteran.

Sounds like someone is getting a little emotional...

bayi_paling_pintar_smart_baby.jpg
</div></div>

Are you spying on me? How did you get that picture? I can leave my shades open for you, all you have to do is ask.

I think he's mainly referring to K_4c even though he said "you too"

My post was not directed to just you EricCartman... As I agreed with most of your comments. Each system has it's draw backs which have been beaten to death here on the hide with numerous threads on this topic.

Classic Ford v.s Dodge debate... Fucking stupid.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My post was not directed to just you EricCartman... As I agreed with most of your comments. Each system has it's draw backs which have been beaten to death here on the hide with numerous threads on this topic.

Classic Ford v.s Dodge debate... Fucking stupid.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. </div></div>

Why did you assume my feelings are hurt? You are not the only one that calls me Fucking Stupid, I get that a lot from many other women when they can't talk substance.

I admitted I am fucking stupid, so what's the problem here?

.. and I will say again, the DI System is superior to the Piston, not in every way, but overall it is.

Sorry if I offended you because I picked a side. I myself think it's a cop-out when people say political answers like "both will do you fine, and both has it's positive and negatives".... well.. DUH! One has to be better right? Even if your splitting hairs of the hairs, there will always be a winner.

I don't care for verbal fights over the Internet. Glad you like DI ar's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I don't care for verbal fights over the Internet. Glad you like DI ar's. </div></div>

Who is fighting? We are having a gentlemanly discussion. Though I am sure our view of what is gentleman like may differ.

Go back and see what I said, did I really say anything offensive? All I said was I prefer DI. Why get all worked up because there is one insignificant individual that says he prefers DI?

I'm not brother...as I stated I prefer a DI AR for run and gun comps... But I've also had great success with my LWRC products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not brother...as I stated I prefer a DI AR for run and gun comps... But I've also had great success with my LWRC products. </div></div>

So when you say "Saying a gas gun is superior to a piston gun is fucking stupid"... that is not inciting a discussion or an argument? Please discuss.

I understand it's personal now! I unknowingly insulted your LWRC!

I too have a LWRC M6A2. From what I have found, running suppressed the return spring gets mashed every 200 rounds, at about 400 rounds suppressed you better replace it or it will break the spring cup. Also the gas block gets crazy hot, seems like even hotter than a DI gas block. I can see where this area would over heat with extreme usage. Running suppressed, the gun also seems to just as dirty as a DI gun. Also running Wolf, the gun will also run dirty.

Here is my LWRC M6A2. I was in love with it, but like all girls, the more you use them, the more you nitpick, and the more you realized what you left was not that bad. Regardless, I like her enough to keep her around and dump her ass.

1LWRCblacktan-vi.jpg

I too have had DI guns and recently picked up a piston ar. The design is definitely superior, it just needs to be standardized.

When I find a product that works for me I stick with it... I could care less if you like or dislike your A2.... Sell it, run it over or give it to your mom.... don't care. I like LWRC products not only b/c they are piston driven but also the many features (arms and spr rail, MRE anodize, 1 pc bcg and so on). They make a good product. How bout you trade me your A2...I'll buy you a brand new DPMS! Let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I too have had DI guns and recently picked up a piston ar. The design is definitely superior, it just needs to be standardized. </div></div>

Why?

You are not going to tell me that after 50+ years the gun makers suddenly had a eureka moment and realized that they had been building the AR15 rifles completely wrong with the DI system and should have been using a piston rod this whole time.

Piston guns were available long before the Eugene Stoner developed the AR15.

There is absolutely nothing that a gas piston AR15 can do that the original direct gas system cannot.

This is all smoke and mirrors marketing to convince people that the very well proven AR15 original design is somehow not as capable as a bastardized gas piston design.

Put a quality DI gas AR15 in any torture, endurance test with a piston AR15 and it will perform just as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I too have a LWRC M6A2. <span style="font-weight: bold">From what I have found, running suppressed the return spring gets mashed every 200 rounds, at about 400 rounds suppressed you better replace it or it will break the spring cup.</span> Also the gas block gets crazy hot, seems like even hotter than a DI gas block. I can see where this area would over heat with extreme usage. Running suppressed, the gun also seems to just as dirty as a DI gun. Also running Wolf, the gun will also run dirty.

Here is my LWRC M6A2. I was in love with it, but like all girls, the more you use them, the more you nitpick, and the more you realized what you left was not that bad. Regardless, I like her enough to keep her around and dump her ass.

1LWRCblacktan-vi.jpg
</div></div>

The POF doesn't use a return spring and therefore, there's no risk of crushing/mashing it.

qj4p9n.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I find a product that works for me I stick with it... I could care less if you like or dislike your A2.... Sell it, run it over or give it to your mom.... don't care. I like LWRC products not only b/c they are piston driven but also the many features (arms and spr rail, MRE anodize, 1 pc bcg and so on). They make a good product. How bout you trade me your A2...I'll buy you a brand new DPMS! Let me know. </div></div>

Can I give it to your mom for favors in return?

If you like your Piston guns, that is fine too. I am just saying I prefer DI guns. So that make me fucking stupid? Then I guess I am Fucking Stupid then. Your words not mine
wink.gif

The POF doesn't use a return spring and therefore, there's no risk of crushing/mashing it.

qj4p9n.jpg
</div></div>

How does the piston return to rest position? Also that's very cute oprod. Nice and skinny.

She's not into hermaphrodites.. Now how bout that offer... Brand new DPMS DI AR for that shitty A2?

I didn't say your stupid for liking DI set ups... Just saying one is superior to other is stupid. If DI ar's had no issues no one would have done all the R&D to develop such systems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's not into hermaphrodites.. Now how bout that offer... Brand new DPMS DI AR for that shitty A2?</div></div>

In defense of DI comparing a DPMS or even joking there of a trade of a DPMS for a top dollar Piston driven AR is redundant. You could've at least said how about a new BCM or something
smile.gif

But it's a DI! It kills every piston set up!

That's what I was saying. Buy quality items and not junk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

qj4p9n.jpg
</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">How does the piston return to rest position?</span> Also that's very cute oprod. Nice and skinny.</div></div>

This is how the LWRC operates:

PISTONM16.gif

This is how the POF works. It's a gas trap/piston operation, rotating bolt (short stroke system).

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9e31ElY3AzU&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9e31ElY3AzU&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But it's a DI! It kills every piston set up!

That's what I was saying. Buy quality items and not junk.</div></div>

Can't argue there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's not into hermaphrodites.. Now how bout that offer... Brand new DPMS DI AR for that shitty A2?

I didn't say your stupid for liking DI set ups... Just saying one is superior to other is stupid. If DI ar's had no issues no one would have done all the R&D to develop such systems. </div></div>

So you are saying it's a perfect tie? How can that be, one has to be slightly better (superior) right? I can't have a personal opinion based on my experience?

I'm running my A3 and SPR (LWRCI) suppressed full time, with no problems. I replaced the spring on the A3 awhile back, but I couldn't tell the difference between the two springs once I had the old one in my hand. Not sure what is up with Eric's A2, but the reason I prefer the LWRCI offerings is the fact that the grunge isn't baked onto everything. Yeah, it gets dirty, almost as dirty as my Noveske did - but cleanup is easier. Accuracy is excellent, and lube isn't burned away like a suppressed DI rifle. I love me some Noveske and Larue, but I shoot LWRCI. I hate cleaning, and don't want to spend any more time on it than I have to.

Our definition of "superior" is different. I took it as you saying the DI AR is better in every way. I agree that the piston is not the ultimate set up but "I" personally prefer it over the DI for what I do.

feedback is why we all are here. I will take back my comment and say that you are not stupid and re state myself saying that I have had different outcomes with similar set ups.

Thanks for your insight EricCartmann...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our definition of "superior" is different. I took it as you saying the DI AR is better in every way. I agree that the piston is not the ultimate set up but "I" personally prefer it over the DI for what I do.

feedback is why we all are here. I will take back my comment and say that you are not stupid and re state myself saying that I have had different outcomes with similar set ups.

Thanks for your insight EricCartmann...
</div></div>

Well please don't go. I want you to tell me how you think Piston is better, since we idiots believe the DI to be superior, we want to educated by geniuses like yourself.

Tried being polite... You like to fight...

I take it you have an engineering degree b/c you sure know everything about anything. I'm not going anywhere... I said my peace and I'm done playing butt fuck Internet games with you.

+1 for piston ar's! I'm glad some manufactures are trying to better a current product otherwise we'd be like a third world country fucking around with old school tech.

The pros to a piston AR have been stated countless times here..I have not had any of the issues you have had with your A2 (not that I don't believe b/c yes it does make sense).

Runs clean and is very accurate
2cqmy2o.jpg

I wanted to show the beauty of a piston set up... pics speak for themselves (300 rds) This why I like my piston ar's. They work just as good if not better then DI ar's.
8x0zgz.jpg

33mqrup.jpg

i1l1k6.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tried being polite... You like to fight...

I take it you have an engineering degree b/c you sure know everything about anything. I'm not going anywhere... I said my peace and I'm done playing butt fuck Internet games with you.

<span style="font-weight: bold">+1 for piston ar's! I'm glad some manufactures are trying to better a current product otherwise we'd be like a third world country fucking around with old school tech</span>.

The pros to a piston AR have been stated countless times here..I have not had any of the issues you have had with your A2 (not that I don't believe b/c yes it does make sense).

</div></div>

Again, I agree. It's good to see companies willing to <span style="font-weight: bold">evolve</span> and improve on the platform rather than continue on with the same technology and maybe change one minor thing and consider it ground breaking or innovative.

This is a full page ad running in the current issue of Book of The AR-15 magazine.

7nkRnT.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tried being polite... You like to fight...

+1 for piston ar's! I'm glad some manufactures are trying to better a current product otherwise we'd be like a third world country fucking around with old school tech.

</div></div>

Really? You tried being polite? You don't run your A2 Suppress do you?

In the end, I am not here to tell you all what juice you should drink, or what you think is "evolving" and "forward". I am just here to have fun, and in the mean time, I will have opinions that might offend all of you.

Please get mad and start calling more names, so I can post some more.

WOW!! Now if someone wants to pay an extra $1,000 for a gun that is no more capable than any other gun in that family that is there business.

I just hate to see guys come on here being so naive to believe everything that a gun manufacturer's marketing division tells them.

AGAIN THERE ARE NO BENEFITS TO HAVING A GAS PISTON AR15!!

No one has come on here and cited any type of government or independent testing in which a gas piston AR15 out performed a DI gas AR15.

The only thing I have read here is someone regurgitating what they read in an article of SWAT magazine or saw on the last episode of Future Weapons.

Its not evolution, updating a poorly engineered design, or whatever else you tell yourself. Its just genius marketing to be competitive in a cut throat business. Notice how many of the top tier gun makers have not fallen for it; KAC, GAP, Larue, Novekse,...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW!! Now if someone wants to pay an extra $1,000 for a gun that is no more capable than any other gun in that family that is there business.

I just hate to see guys come on here being so naive to believe everything that a gun manufacturer's marketing division tells them.

AGAIN THERE ARE NO BENEFITS TO HAVING A GAS PISTON AR15!!

No one has come on here and cited any type of government or independent testing in which a gas piston AR15 out performed a DI gas AR15.

The only thing I have read here is someone regurgitating what they read in an article of SWAT magazine or saw on the last episode of Future Weapons.

Its not evolution, updating a poorly engineered design, or whatever else you tell yourself. Its just genius marketing to be competitive in a cut throat business. Notice how many of the top tier gun makers have not fallen for it; KAC, GAP, Larue, Novekse,...

</div></div>

Well, now that the resident expert has spoken, we can all go out and sell our piston rifles because <span style="font-style: italic">there are no benefits to having a piston AR.</span>

As it's been said before, opinions are like assholes...and you are certainly entitled to your own opinion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW!! Now if someone wants to pay an extra $1,000 for a gun that is no more capable than any other gun in that family that is there business.
</div></div>

EXACTLY! Their business. I've just spend $2400 on a competition <span style="font-weight: bold">Airgun</span>. Does that count for anything? LOL.