• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Planning for retirement bought all the 22lr.

ms6852

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2008
San Antonio Texas
I am happy to announce that as of 30 November 2013 I will be fully retired at the age of 56. Knowing that this was happening I began to buy ammo in the calibers that I shoot most often. Rimfire ammo was one of the target calibers as was 5.56 or 223, 30/30, 30-06, 35 rem, 45 cal, 9mm,357,and 38. Now that I am on a limited income still maintaining my lifestyle without sacrifice, I still have plenty of ammo to shoot for several years without having to purchase any, than theres the reloading as well. Here is what I have on hand as far as 22lr and 22 magnum goes. I started buying befoe President Obama became president and have yet to buy ammo since his term in office. I LOVE MY CRYSTAL BALL.

Good for you, must have been a Boy Scout ala Be Prepared!

I don't see your price listed, I'll take the 3 federal value packs, , and the Winchester one, the ones on the right.

Retirement is good.
The amount of ammo shown isn't anywhere near enough to make it through 4 months of club shooting.
Bowling pin shoots, steel silhouettes, morning pistol shoots, sporter and bench competitions and that
doesn't even include grandkid days where a thousand rounds are gone in 2 hours. Ask me how I know?
What I see is enough to do some small game hunting, rodent elimination and scope sighting.
You better start working on picking up some more ammo before you run out!
2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Just a reminder...this is hoarding

hoard.jpg

This is being prepared...
devil10.gif

rainy-day.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with some of you it is not enough. This is but a third of what is left since the Drought of Obama took effect. I know it will not last much longer once he is out of office but the way I shoot and like to share I may have at most a year. Luckily I haven't bought any since he became president. I have share with my local shooters free of charge who take their children to shoot but have no ammo for them. We must keep them interested, it is our duty.

Sounds like me as I retired May 2011 @ 55. Thirty seven years with the guvmint. Had enough. Started stockpiling several years before retirement just as you had. Both ammo and components. Congrats and enjoy.

You guys rock! Both for "early" retirement and for seemingly enjoying ammo collecting. Now how about some cool retireree-shooting photos? Burn some of that ammo up!

God...5 more years till retirement and I have about 6 months ammo on hand.
I hate you ;-)
But it's the hate of envy ;-)

Congrats on the early retirement. If you are not reloading already, you need to start. You should have plenty of time to perfect some loads.

I want this Norrell, but don't see it happening anytime soon. Suppressed Norrell 10/22 with drum = a lot of fun. USSA, Tulsa, OK
I have the can, just short of cash for the rest of the outfit!

Who in the Hell has been taking pictures of my basement and posting them on SH. Retired in 2010 buying for 40 years.
Retirement is good.
The amount of ammo shown isn't anywhere near enough to make it through 4 months of club shooting.
Bowling pin shoots, steel silhouettes, morning pistol shoots, sporter and bench competitions and that
doesn't even include grandkid days where a thousand rounds are gone in 2 hours. Ask me how I know?
What I see is enough to do some small game hunting, rodent elimination and scope sighting.
You better start working on picking up some more ammo before you run out!
2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Just a reminder...this is hoarding

hoard.jpg

This is being prepared...
devil10.gif

rainy-day.jpg

Retired? Yeah, you don't have anywhere near enough rimfire ammo. I am still working and I have more than 35,000 of 22lr and I don't have enough, lol. But good start!