• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Plano All Weather Rifle Case

ShtrRdy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2011
    High Plains
    For those of you that have a Plano All Weather Rifle Case, what do you think of them? They're about $80 less than a Pelican, but what would I be giving up for the price difference?

Re: Plano All Weather Rifle Case

I have one and its ok. The latches are kind of a pain but they work. And Im not to crazy on the pick and pull but thats just my opinion. It protects well but not as well as the pelican. Overall it is good for the price but you usually get what you pay for so the pelican is better.

I've had no issues with mine. It kept two rifles safe from the airline and unscathed from Seattle to NC in an open truck bed with a couple pissed off tosses out of the way and back in.

Mine had a solid foam sheet not pick and pull or whatever. I wouldn't trust the built in locks, but then it is a plastic case afterall so you can put the baddest lock you want on it and it can be open in well under 5 min. I have no issue with the latches. Haven't owned a Pelican gun case so I can't honestly compare.

Mine survived the airline test as well. Thats probably the worst i'll ever throw at it.

Spend a few bucks more and go with Storm/Explorer/Pelican (in that order, IMO. Still hate Pelican latches with a fiery passion).