• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Plate Carrier question for the pros

Amanda4461

Loves Dobermans!
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Asheboro, North Carolina
Howdy folks,
I finally got off too dead center and decided to buy a good quality plate carrier with Level IV plates front, rear and sides. Need some mag carriers on the harness, and a good belt to help carry the load. I am 6’2” with a 22” neck and 52” chest. Can a few of you pros suggest a rig that will fit and distribute the weight evenly?
Thanks in advance for your assist. Washington state and NYC are-arranged my priorities😿

Damn.

Eagle is all sold out of the ones to take side plates

i have never looked at the sizes of the ATS carriers, but they are US made.

mayflower?

look on OPtactical. They carry a lot.

Also work on cardio. Moving around with that much weight on your chest And breathing hard isnt as easy as it looks.
make sure you get a good IFAK on there too.
see the stick about gear to stuff in it.
ATS has some ready made kits for a decent price right now.

Is the Crye wait list still insane? I saw someone had ordered in April and delivery was set for November or something outrageous like that.

Can’t deny that too many years on the bench press pumped me, but with age and laziness i might need a training bra. I thought I was in the Bear Pit there for a minute:rolleyes:

Like many here, I’m sure, the Bear Pit often... “spills over...” from where it normally resides. :ROFLMAO:

Following along here because I, too, am learning about plate carriers for larger frames, though mine ain’t necessarily from pumping iron... doh!

I like my JPC2.0 with a Haley Strategic D3CRX and belly pouch on the front. You can set up multiple Haley rigs and swap them out quickly onto and off of the plate carrier

Check out Velocity Systems, used their carrier on a few deployments. Definitely quality built and will last.

Thanks to everyone. I’ll make some phone calls in the morning. ATS is in my home state, so I’ll buzz them first. Now, back to the Bear Pit, where nobody talks about my man boobs:censored:

jpc 2.0 is a great carrier and an affordable price. LBT 6094 was the gold standard for years. I have run both.

May want to know what size and style plates you are buying and make sure they will fit the carrier.

I'd like a JPC2 just because it's fairly light and minimalist... I have some serious armor, Paraclete shit with all the extras but it's heavy as fuck and I wouldn't wanna wear it.

I don't really wanna invest in shit like this, chances of using/needing it are pretty low. But I have plates just sitting, may as well get a basic carrier for 'em. May be able to sell off the Paraclete before it gets too obsolete and kill two birds with one stone.

Personally I'd rather have a flat basic plate carrier with nothing on it. Paraclete makes/made a vest like the tactical ones but meant to be worn under a jacket. Anyway, one of these without shit strapped all over it and in conjunction with a battle belt w/suspenders would be the way to go. Can get in prone much better. Not having your shit attached to your armor means you can dump one or the other if need be.

Most of my "tactical" junk just sits in boxes these days... But way things are going, who knows?

Definitely look at Velocity Systems. I have 2 Mayflower plate carriers completely set up. They both are very comfortable and pretty modular. You can setup various front placards and they clip in.