• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please advise on how to donate a rifle for a Scout in need

hero's machine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2011
E. WA
Fellow hide members,

I've had the pleasure of working with a great human who's been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Jerry is USMC Scout sniper, patriot and general amazing badass person with terrible cards dealt to him.

I'm sitting here with some stuff to trip to help him get through this as painlessly as possible.

One of the items is a howa youth rifle with full length stock that I'd like to find the best market to bring in some cash. I'm not sure on how to set up an account for this or if I just say send him a check.

Jerry has plans for treatment but his chip is going to be about 30 grand.

Any advice is appreciated. I am sure that I can get a local ffl to handle the shipping if that's an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Fellow hide members,

I've had the pleasure of working with a great human who's been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Jerry is USMC Scout sniper, patriot and general amazing badass person with terrible cards dealt to him.

I'm sitting here with some stuff to trip to help him get through this as painlessly as possible.

One of the items is a howa youth rifle with full length stock that I'd like to find the best market to bring in some cash. I'm not sure on how to set up an account for this or if I just say send him a check.

Jerry has plans for treatment but his chip is going to be about 30 grand.

Any advice is appreciated. I am sure that I can get a local ffl to handle the shipping if that's an issue.

Thanks in advance.
I'd check Gunbroker and other sites to determine a value, then lisit here. depending on where yo live there may be a GunTrader site, like Virginia GunTrader or TexasGunTrader

The value determination is the easy part. It's a fairly common rifle at +/- $450-500ish. My hopes are to find the best marketing strategy to tug the heart strings of people who give a shit vs deal hunters....this is the closest place for people who know what guys like him have accomplished and sacrificed.