• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please enjoy this war with Iran.

500grains

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
dirt nap
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Israeli minister warns of 30-day war with Iran

A strike on Iran’s nuclear sites would spark a 30-day war with missile attacks on Israel's cities and as many as 500 dead, according to the Israeli minister responsible for preparing home defences.
Speculation is growing that Israel is planning a unilateral attack on Iran’s nuclear programme - or that it is using the question to increase pressure on Barack Obama to launch an American strike.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...-with-Iran.html</div></div>

1-1103.jpg

Re: Please enjoy this war with Iran.

I guess if it does happen we will be watching it on our HD TV, and typing about it on the internet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

A strike on Iran’s nuclear sites would spark a 30-day war with missile attacks on Israel's cities and as many as 500 dead, according to the Israeli minister responsible for preparing home defences.
Speculation is growing that Israel is planning a unilateral attack on Iran’s nuclear programme - or that it is using the question to increase pressure on Barack Obama to launch an American strike.

1-1103.jpg
</div></div>

All those bases didnt do much in the last wars, now did they? Unless you believe the lies that tell you "We won.".

500 dead?

Christ, please tell me that this is not what they're calculating as the total losses they will endure if they attack Iran.

This arrogant brat Israel is up for a surprise...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This arrogant brat Israel is up for a surprise... </div></div>

Translation?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

1-1103.jpg
</div></div>

That map isn't even close to correct. It looks like something Alex Jones would put together...as in some guy on leave stayed in a hotel there so we now count is as a base...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This arrogant brat Israel is up for a surprise... </div></div>

Just like the last every other time some one fucked with them?

And I believe the saying in "in for a surprise"

The 500 figure perplexes me. Makes me think they're just going to push a bunch of buttons instead of engage force on force. Either way, should be a heck of a fireworks show and I suspect Iran indeed will be in for a huge surprise, as will the rest of the muslim world.

Israel, I believe, finally realizes they are backed into the corner of the Med.

FWIW, Middle Eastern military structure is ineffective for the most part. They can quell riots against those unarmed and take forever to fight each other. Look at the Iran-Iraq war. And then jump a few years into Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Years vs 100 hours. Israel is much more effective with their military and their troops are much better trained.

They also have an array of buttons to push that Iran could only dream of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That map isn't even close to correct. It looks like something Alex Jones would put together...as in some guy on leave stayed in a hotel there so we now count is as a base...</div></div>
I believe the Daily Kos put that map together, and they always have an agenda of some sort. It is correct in that when it was made all of the stars were locations where our government was either currently operating military activities or had secured the rights to do so by treaty. I can't speak to all of them but say Seen Int Airport in Oman we have a basing agreement and maintain a stockpile of WRM wartime reserve materials. It's set up to be a base in a week but isn't currently used at all. I can't speak to all of them but if that's the metric for "bases" the map is right; however disingenuous it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This arrogant brat Israel is up for a surprise...</div></div>
ar·ro·gant/&#712;ar&#601;g&#601;nt/
Adjective:
Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

Having succeeded not just in defending itself but expanding it's borders against the Arab League and maintaining it's military superiority in the region since the last war I assume you aren't questioning their abilities. So you must mean "importance" right? I mean the one government in the Middle East that caused all the other governments gang up on in this silly international league can't be important right? No, it can't be that you said they had a surprise coming. In case geography isn't your strong suit there's a map in this thread. Iran is over a thousand miles from Israel as the crow flies, and to get there it has to go through Turkey or Iraq, the indigenous governments of both are none too fond of Iran, or they could sail out of the Persian Gulf and into the Med. I'm sure they should have great success tangling with the IDF Navy and Airforce.
So I'm sorry, what surprise is coming and who is arrogant?

During the confusion, it's a good time for Turkey to take over Syria.

Also, I think the 500 dead figure may be propaganda. That can't possibly be a realistic estimate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This arrogant brat Israel is up for a surprise... </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Just like the last every other time some one fucked with them? </span>

And I believe the saying in "in for a surprise" </div></div>

Times change. Lets hope its time for Israel to get its lesson.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 500 figure perplexes me. Makes me think they're just going to push a bunch of buttons instead of engage force on force. Either way, should be a heck of a fireworks show and I suspect Iran indeed will be in for a huge surprise, as will the rest of the muslim world.

<span style="color: #CC0000"> Israel, I believe, finally realizes they are backed into the corner of the Med. </span>

FWIW, Middle Eastern military structure is ineffective for the most part. They can quell riots against those unarmed and take forever to fight each other. Look at the Iran-Iraq war. And then jump a few years into Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Years vs 100 hours. Israel is much more effective with their military and their troops are much better trained.

</div></div>

And who is responsible for that? The Israelis, moving to a place like Palastine, would be roughly equivalent to Daniel Pearl going to Afganistan in the middle of a conflict. What happened to him, and who was responsible. Or like me, a white guy, going to the middle of Harlem and shouting out the N word.

One tends to get what they ask for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This arrogant brat Israel is up for a surprise... </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Just like the last every other time some one fucked with them? </span>

Times change. Lets hope its time for Israel to get its lesson. </div></div>

When you say "Let's" Please do not include me. My questioning of the 500 deaths was purely out of concern over the possibility of sloppiness either in the estimate of possible dead or in the reporting of the number.

If Israel is forced to act they will have my support.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Israelis, moving to a place like Palastine, </div></div>

I did not know Palestine was a country. When did that happen?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This arrogant brat Israel is up for a surprise... </div></div>

Times change. Lets hope its time for Israel to get its lesson.</div></div> What lesson is that? Don't dare have a democracy and a thriving economy in the Middle East?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">During the confusion, it's a good time for Turkey to take over Syria.

Also, I think the 500 dead figure may be propaganda. That can't possibly be a realistic estimate.</div></div>
The problem with the map you posted and indeed war in general between Osrael and Iran is distance. Stripped to the bone and loaded with every pound of fuel they could carry Israel was only just barely able to do strikes in Iraq, significantly closer than any part of Iran. Without landing and refueling (in Turkey or Iraq, no way) or in air refueling (assuming US military support) they just don't have the legs, and short of nukes the Israelis won't do a one way trip. This is goig to be a war of missiles if anything. In which case Israel is probably banking on its Iron Dome system, which is public there's nothing to say they haven't purchased units of the Centurion CRAM, Skyguard, or developed something of thier own in secret; which Israel has done to great effect in the past.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 500 figure perplexes me. Makes me think they're just going to push a bunch of buttons instead of engage force on force. Either way, should be a heck of a fireworks show and I suspect Iran indeed will be in for a huge surprise, as will the rest of the muslim world.

<span style="color: #CC0000"> Israel, I believe, finally realizes they are backed into the corner of the Med. </span>

</div></div>

And who is responsible for that? The Israelis, moving to a place like Palastine, would be roughly equivalent to Daniel Pearl going to Afganistan in the middle of a conflict. What happened to him, and who was responsible. Or like me, a white guy, going to the middle of Harlem and shouting out the N word.

One tends to get what they ask for. </div></div>

Jews were always there. There never was a Arab state there. It has always been ruled by others: Jews, Samarians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Romans, Crusaders, Ottomans, British and several others over the last 5000 years.

There are no such thing as Ethnic Palestinians. There are indigenous Arabs (Muslim, Christian, Druze) who chose to either remain in the nation of Israel after the foundation of the nation or listened to the manipulative puppeteers who advocated their indulgence of bloodlust for their own nefarious motives.

Jordan -> Iraq -> Iran (the shortest at 1,750 Km)
Gulf of Aqaba -> Saudi Arabia -> Persian Gulf-> Iran (2,200 Km)
Lebanon -> Syria -> Turkey -> Iran (2,200 Km)
Gulf of Aqaba -> Saudi Arabia -> Kuwait -> Persian Gulf -> Iran (2,400 Km)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Israelis, moving to a place like Palastine, </div></div>

I did not know Palestine was a country. When did that happen?</div></div>
The Protectorate of Palestine from which bot Israel and Jordan were created.

</div></div>
Range of an F-16 with a useful payload?
Roughly 1500km round trip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grimm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Israelis, moving to a place like Palastine, </div></div>

I did not know Palestine was a country. When did that happen?</div></div>
The Protectorate of Palestine from which bot Israel and Jordan were created. </div></div>

thank yolu. I never said it was a country, rather an area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 500 figure perplexes me. Makes me think they're just going to push a bunch of buttons instead of engage force on force. Either way, should be a heck of a fireworks show and I suspect Iran indeed will be in for a huge surprise, as will the rest of the muslim world.

</div></div>

One tends to get what they ask for. </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Jews were always there. </span> There never was a Arab state there. It has always been ruled by others: Jews, Samarians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Romans, Crusaders, Ottomans, British and several others over the last 5000 years.

<span style="color: #3366FF">There are no such thing as Ethnic Palestinians. </span> There are indigenous Arabs (Muslim, Christian, Druze) who chose to either remain in the nation of Israel after the foundation of the nation or listened to the manipulative puppeteers who advocated their indulgence of bloodlust for their own nefarious motives.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Just not so, QQ. The jews migrated there and took the land from its occupants.</span>

<span style="color: #3366FF">
An 1890 map of Palestine as described by medieval Arab geographers, with Jund Filastin administrative area
Palestine (Arabic: &#1601;&#1604;&#1587;&#1591;&#1610;&#1606;&#8206; Filas&#7789;&#299;n, Falas&#7789;&#299;n, Filis&#7789;&#299;n; Greek: &#928;&#945;&#955;&#945;&#953;&#963;&#964;&#943;&#957;&#951;, Palaistin&#275;; Latin: Palaestina; Hebrew: &#1508;&#1500;&#1513;&#1514;&#1497;&#1504;&#1492; Palestina) is a conventional name, among others, used to describe the geographic region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River, and various adjoining lands.[1][2][3][4][5][6] The region is also known as the Land of Israel (Hebrew: &#1488;&#1512;&#1509;&#1470;&#1497;&#1513;&#1512;&#1488;&#1500; Eretz-Yisra'el),[7] the Holy Land and the Southern Levant,[8] and historically has been known by other names including Canaan, Zion, Syria Palaestina, Southern Syria, Jund Filastin and Outremer.

The boundaries of the region have changed throughout history, and were first defined in modern times by the Franco-British boundary agreement (1920) and the Transjordan memorandum of 16 September 1922, during the mandate period. Today, the region comprises the country of Israel and the Palestinian territories.[9]

The term Palestine has also been used to refer to the State of Palestine which, since the Palestinian Declaration of Independence in 1988, has referred to a state in the Palestinian territories on 22% of former Mandatory Palestine.[10] In 1993, following the Oslo peace accords, the Palestinian Authority has been established on parts of West Bank and Gaza Strip. During 2006-2007, Gaza Strip under Hamas leadership had violently split from the Palestinian Authority and continues to perform de facto rule over the strip. The status of Palestinian Authority as the State of Palestine is recognized today by approximately two-thirds of the world's countries, although this status is not recognized by the United Nations, Israel and some Western nations such as the United States.

Further information: Definitions of Palestine and History of the name Palestine

The term Peleset (transliterated from hieroglyphs as P-r-s-t) is found in numerous Egyptian documents referring to a neighboring people or land starting from c.1150 BCE during the Twentieth dynasty of Egypt. The first mention is thought to be in texts of the temple at Medinet Habu which record a people called the Peleset among the Sea Peoples who invaded Egypt in Ramesses III's reign.[11] The Assyrians called the same region Palashtu or Pilistu, beginning with Adad-nirari III in the Nimrud Slab in c.800 BCE through to emperor Sargon II in his Annals approximately a century later.[1][12][13] Neither the Egyptian or Assyrian sources provided clear regional boundaries for the term.

The first clear use of the term Palestine to refer to the entire area between Phoenicia and Egypt was in 5th century BC Ancient Greece.[14] Herodotus wrote of a 'district of Syria, called Palaistinê" in The Histories, the first historical work clearly defining the region, which included the Judean mountains and the Jordan Rift Valley.[15][16][17][18][19][20] Approximately a century later, Aristotle used a similar definition in Meteorology, writing "Again if, as is fabled, there is a lake in Palestine, such that if you bind a man or beast and throw it in it floats and does not sink, this would bear out what we have said. They say that this lake is so bitter and salt that no fish live in it and that if you soak clothes in it and shake them it cleans them," understood by scholars to be a reference to the Dead Sea.[21] Later writers such as Polemon and Pausanias also used the term to refer to the same region. This usage was followed by Roman writers such as Ovid, Tibullus, Pomponius Mela, Pliny the Elder, Dio Chrysostom, Statius, Plutarch as well as Roman Judean writers Philo of Alexandria and Josephus.[22] Other writers, such as Strabo, a prominent Roman-era geographer (although he wrote in Greek), referred to the region as Coele-Syria around 10–20 CE.[23][24] The term was first used to denote an official province in c.135 CE, when the Roman authorities, following the suppression of the Bar Kokhba Revolt, combined Iudaea Province with Galilee and other surrounding cities such as Ashkelon to form "Syria Palaestina" (Syria Palaestina), which some scholars state was in order to complete the dissociation with Judaea.[25][26]

The Hebrew name Peleshet (&#1508;&#1500;&#1513;&#1514; P&#601;lésheth) – usually translated as Philistia in English, is used in the Bible more than 250 times. The Greek word Palaistin&#275; (&#928;&#945;&#955;&#945;&#953;&#963;&#964;&#943;&#957;&#951;, "Palaistine") is generally accepted to be a translation of the Semitic name for Philistia; however another term – land of the Philistieim (&#947;&#8134; &#964;&#8182;&#957; &#934;&#965;&#955;&#953;&#963;&#964;&#953;&#949;&#7984;&#956; , transliteration from Hebrew) – was used in the Septuagint, the second century BCE Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible, to refer to Philistia.[27] In the Torah / Pentateuch the term Philistia is used 10 times and its boundaries are undefined. The later Historical books (see Deuteronomistic history) include most of the biblical references, almost 200 of which are in the Book of Judges and the Books of Samuel, where the term is used to denote the southern coastal region to the west of the ancient Kingdom of Judah.[12][13][22][28]

During the Byzantine period, the entire region (Syria Palestine, Samaria, and the Galilee) was named Palaestina, subdivided into provinces Palaestina I and II.[29] The Byzantines also renamed an area of land including the Negev, Sinai, and the west coast of the Arabian Peninsula as Palaestina Salutaris, sometimes called Palaestina III.[29] The Arabic word for Palestine is &#1601;&#1604;&#1587;&#1591;&#1610;&#1606; (commonly transcribed in English as Filistin, Filastin, or Falastin).[30] Moshe Sharon writes that when the Arabs took over Greater Syria in the 7th century, place names that were in use by the Byzantine administration before them, generally continued to be used. Hence, he traces the emergence of the Arabic form Filastin to this adoption, with Arabic inflection, of Roman and Hebrew (Semitic) names.[12] Jacob Lassner and Selwyn Ilan Troen offer a different view, writing that Jund Filastin, the full name for the administrative province under the rule of the Arab caliphates, was traced by Muslim geographers back to the Philistines of the Bible.[31] The use of the name "Palestine" in English became more common after the European renaissance.[32] It was officially revived by the British after the fall of the Ottoman Empire and applied to the territory that was placed under The Palestine Mandate.

Some other terms that have been used to refer to all or part of this land include Canaan, Greater Israel, Greater Syria, the Holy Land, Iudaea Province, Judea,[33] Israel, "Israel HaShlema", Kingdom of Israel, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Land of Israel (Eretz Yisrael or Ha'aretz), Zion, Retenu (Ancient Egyptian), Southern Syria, and Syria Palestina.
</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grimm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having succeeded not just in defending itself but expanding it's borders against the Arab League and maintaining it's military superiority in the region since the last war I assume you aren't questioning their abilities.</div></div>

I know, I know, the Fox and CNN News always tell the objective, complete, and unbiased truth!

From 1896 to 1906, European Jews, separated from their ancient homeland for 2,000 years, wanted to create their own nation...Some of them favored Palestine while others wanted to move to Argentina. In 1906 those who favored Palestine won the argument, and the Jews moved to the area. They did not ask the Palestinian Arabs for permission. Now, I have no idea whether or not it would have been different had they gone to Argentina instead. However, I believe that the Middle East region would have been a better, safer place today...Now we have Hizbollah that grew out of the Iranian Revolution as a result of the ISRAELI invasion into Lebanon in 1982. Sure, it's all Hizbollah's fault...

In case of Gaza Strip and Gaza, we are talking about Mediterranean access - a great strategic and economic point. In case of Israel disputing West Bank, well, who'd want their country divided in half by the buffer zone like this? This is not just a security concern. Trade and Billions of $$$!!! And again, the more people you conquer, the more people you can tax...

So you might want to re-think what you think you know. When Israel “accidently” bombs Palestinian schools and slaughters 250 children in 10 days (yeah, I know, it was a 10-day long accident), when they seize a humanitarian ship full of medical supplies, food, and toys for children, I can't help but think how great Israel really is defending itself from its evil neighbors...

For OPSEC i cant talk about much but we are involved and will be. i bet this turns into 10 more years,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grimm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having succeeded not just in defending itself but expanding it's borders against the Arab League and maintaining it's military superiority in the region since the last war I assume you aren't questioning their abilities.</div></div>

I know, I know, the Fox and CNN News always tell the objective, complete, and unbiased truth!

From 1896 to 1906, European Jews, separated from their ancient homeland for 2,000 years, wanted to create their own nation...Some of them favored Palestine while others wanted to move to Argentina. In 1906 those who favored Palestine won the argument, and the Jews moved to the area. They did not ask the Palestinian Arabs for permission. Now, I have no idea whether or not it would have been different had they gone to Argentina instead. However, I believe that the Middle East region would have been a better, safer place today...Now we have Hizbollah that grew out of the Iranian Revolution as a result of the ISRAELI invasion into Lebanon in 1982. Sure, it's all Hizbollah's fault...

In case of Gaza Strip and Gaza, we are talking about Mediterranean access - a great strategic and economic point. In case of Israel disputing West Bank, well, who'd want their country divided in half by the buffer zone like this? This is not just a security concern. Trade and Billions of $$$!!! And again, the more people you conquer, the more people you can tax...

So you might want to re-think what you think you know. When Israel “accidently” bombs Palestinian schools and slaughters 250 children in 10 days (yeah, I know, it was a 10-day long accident), when they seize a humanitarian ship full of medical supplies, food, and toys for children, I can't help but think how great Israel really is defending itself from its evil neighbors...

</div></div>

Well, you could always disagree with this muslim politician/Shi'a man from Iraq just speaking some truth, but it would be inconvenient for the Jew hate in ya:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AT031csTNcE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AT031csTNcE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thing is, the muslim claim to the land is ENTIRELY religious. I could wipe the floor with you on this issue, but it would involve breaking the rules of the forum. Instead, I'll probably put together a blog post.

Key issue: if one were to bring all this up in 1947/48, they MIGHT have an argument. Now? No way. Israel is established and the so-called Palestinians are in it to win it for the Caliphate, bar-none.

Also, check out this quote from Zuheir Mohsen, PLO member, giving an interview in the 1977 Dutch newspaper Trouw...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese there are no differences. We are all part of ONE people, the Arab nation. Look, I have family members with Palestinian, Lebanese, Jordanian and Syrian citizenship. We are ONE people. Just for political reasons we carefully underwrite our Palestinian identity. Because it is of national interest for the Arabs to advocate the existence of Palestinians to balance Zionism. Yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity exists only for tactical reasons. The establishment of a Palestinian state is a new tool to continue the fight against Israel and for Arab unity.

A separate Palestinian entity needs to fight for the national interest in the then remaining occupied territories. The Jordanian government cannot speak for Palestinians in Israel, Lebanon or Syria. Jordan is a state with specific borders. It cannot lay claim on - for instance - Haifa or Jaffa, while I AM entitled to Haifa, Jaffa, Jerusalem en Beersheba. Jordan can only speak for Jordanians and the Palestinians in Jordan. The Palestinian state would be entitled to represent all Palestinians in the Arab world en elsewhere. Once we have accomplished all of our rights in all of Palestine, we shouldn't postpone the unification of Jordan and Palestine for one second.</div></div>

And also consider the outright lies of Yasser Arafat-ass, in saying the Jordanians killed a huge number (25k or so) during the Black September uprisings. When, in fact, it was only a few thousand and the PLO brought it on themselves. The Arab entities have treated the so-called Palestinians like crap as a propaganda effort to secure the land for the Caliphate and Arab-Muslim domination of the region as a springboard to the world. I mean, it's all right there in the charters of PLO and HAMAS, insofar as the caliphate and shariah, as well as the writings of Hezbollah.

These are the declared ideologies of:

HAMAS: Link

PLO: Link

Hezbollah: ( a little trickier since they technically released their 1985 manifesto as an "open letter" instead of codified like the HAMAS and PLO.)
1985: Lin 1 (PDF)
2009: Link 2
(the brackets in the link preclude hyperlinking, copy all and paste, as the auto-link is incorrect)
http://www.jamestown.org/single/?no_cache=1tx_ttnews[tt_news]=35830

Christian/Maronite view of Hezbollah: http://www.alcc-research.com/perspective/Hezbollah_SGemayel.html

------

Facts, ain't they a bitch?

Maggot,

If you had a modicum of knowledge on Arabic, you'd know the Arabic word for "palestine" is "filistina", which is in fact an Arabic translation of the word philistines, who were, in fact, not Arab, but Aegean, or proto-Greek. Excavations in the town of Gath (Goliath's hometown) indicate this truth.

The Arab move into the area is post-Islam.

The name itself came about as a Roman punishment following, I believe, the revolt by the Maccabees. It was essentially a Roman "F U" to Israel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grimm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having succeeded not just in defending itself but expanding it's borders against the Arab League and maintaining it's military superiority in the region since the last war I assume you aren't questioning their abilities.</div></div>

</div></div>

Well, you could always disagree with this muslim politician/Shi'a man from Iraq just speaking some truth, but it would be inconvenient for the Jew hate in ya:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AT031csTNcE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AT031csTNcE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thing is, the muslim claim to the land is ENTIRELY religious. I could wipe the floor with you on this issue, but it would involve breaking the rules of the forum. Instead, I'll probably put together a blog post.

Key issue: if one were to bring all this up in 1947/48, they MIGHT have an argument. Now? No way. Israel is established and the so-called Palestinians are in it to win it for the Caliphate, bar-none.

Also, check out this quote from Zuheir Mohsen, PLO member, giving an interview in the 1977 Dutch newspaper Trouw...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese there are no differences. We are all part of ONE people, the Arab nation. Look, I have family members with Palestinian, Lebanese, Jordanian and Syrian citizenship. We are ONE people. Just for political reasons we carefully underwrite our Palestinian identity. Because it is of national interest for the Arabs to advocate the existence of Palestinians to balance Zionism. Yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity exists only for tactical reasons. The establishment of a Palestinian state is a new tool to continue the fight against Israel and for Arab unity.

A separate Palestinian entity needs to fight for the national interest in the then remaining occupied territories. The Jordanian government cannot speak for Palestinians in Israel, Lebanon or Syria. Jordan is a state with specific borders. It cannot lay claim on - for instance - Haifa or Jaffa, while I AM entitled to Haifa, Jaffa, Jerusalem en Beersheba. Jordan can only speak for Jordanians and the Palestinians in Jordan. The Palestinian state would be entitled to represent all Palestinians in the Arab world en elsewhere. Once we have accomplished all of our rights in all of Palestine, we shouldn't postpone the unification of Jordan and Palestine for one second.</div></div>

And also consider the outright lies of Yasser Arafat-ass, in saying the Jordanians killed a huge number (25k or so) during the Black September uprisings. When, in fact, it was only a few thousand and the PLO brought it on themselves. The Arab entities have treated the so-called Palestinians like crap as a propaganda effort to secure the land for the Caliphate and Arab-Muslim domination of the region as a springboard to the world. I mean, it's all right there in the charters of PLO and HAMAS, insofar as the caliphate and shariah, as well as the writings of Hezbollah.

These are the declared ideologies of:

HAMAS: Link

PLO: Link

Hezbollah: ( a little trickier since they technically released their 1985 manifesto as an "open letter" instead of codified like the HAMAS and PLO.)
1985: Lin 1 (PDF)
2009: Link 2
(the brackets in the link preclude hyperlinking, copy all and paste, as the auto-link is incorrect)
http://www.jamestown.org/single/?no_cache=1tx_ttnews[tt_news]=35830

Christian/Maronite view of Hezbollah: http://www.alcc-research.com/perspective/Hezbollah_SGemayel.html

------

<span style="color: #990000">Facts, ain't they a bitch? </span> </div></div>

Yes they are. Heres some more for ya. [video:youtube]http://youtu.be/xZdjvAH3Mus[/video] If youd like to try to wip[e the floor with ME Ill gladly give yuo the opportunity. Lets take it off forum.

The "True Torah Jews" are a joke of a group. Further, you must understand that the Jewish milieu is disparate in its thought. This is like posting a video of Jerry Falwell to address an issue regarding Ted Haggard because they fall under the huge umbrella of Protestant. It just doesn't hold.

We're about to start breaking the rules of the forum, and I must divest. However, I will gladly do a blog post.

Zionism itself has roots in the Maccabees and the Zealots; again, there is a huge swath of territory it covers and if you ask 3 Jews you'll get 4 opinions. I prefer to look at facts, not some dude's ranting because he says the Shema, as if he has any credibility with his accent and beard.

Jews have always lived there.

While in the minority, over the centuries tens of thousands of Sephardi and Ashkenazi Jews immigrated to Palestine from Spain, Portugal, Russia, Greece, other European countries, northern Africa and other parts of the world. Much of this immigration predates the British mandates post 1918.

The establishment of the nation of Israel was coupled with a Palestinian state to be located in Jordan. This was usurped by the Arab states who sought to crush the Jewish state.

The point of my previous post is to highlight that there was never a independent state of Palestine nor was there ever indigenous Arab rule there.

Many of the states we know as countries today are merely constructs created in the wake of conflicts that were resolved only by an aggregation of some sort along ethnic, religious or lingual commonality.

Arguing for the dissolution of Israel due to the friction that has existed since 1947 is only logical if one then insists that all national boundaries are void and to the most tenaciously aggressive shall go the spoils.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jews have always lived there.

While in the minority, over the centuries tens of thousands of Sephardi and Ashkenazi Jews immigrated to Palestine from Spain, Portugal, Russia, Greece, other European countries, northern Africa and other parts of the world. Much of this immigration predates the British mandates post 1918.

The establishment of the nation of Israel was coupled with a Palestinian state to be located in Jordan. This was usurped by the Arab states who sought to crush the Jewish state.

The point of my previous post is to highlight that there was never a independent state of Palestine nor was there ever indigenous Arab rule there.

Many of the states we know as countries today are merely constructs created in the wake of conflicts that were resolved only by an aggregation of some sort along ethnic, religious or lingual commonality.

Arguing for the dissolution of Israel due to the friction that has existed since 1947 is only logical if one then insists that all national boundaries are void and <span style="color: #CC0000">to the most tenaciously aggressive shall go the spoils </span> . </div></div>

That seems the way of the world. There are those who choose other ways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are those who choose other ways.</div></div>

And they are often known as "The exterminated."

What post-WW2 Jew in their right mind would want to go to Argentina and establish a country there, what with all the Nazis who fled to such locales...

And besides, wouldn't that involve people in 2012 then arguing about Jewish theft of Argentinian land?

Desert wasteland > blooming desert.

The video from the Iraqi pretty much speaks for itself. Don't blame others for failure of self. It's the same mentality of blacks who blame whites for not being successful because they've given themselves over to a fetid hip-hop culture. DOCTOR Thomas Sowell disagrees with such stupidity. But he's also not a whining self-made victim.

I think the Saudis will let Israel refuel.

Israel is no threat to S.A. but Iran is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grimm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
Range of an F-16 with a useful payload?
Roughly 1500km round trip. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are those who choose other ways.</div></div>

And they are often known as "The exterminated." </div></div>

Or more often they are just "not known" because they have the wisdom to know they will be ridiculed simply because others dont or wont understand and learn better ways. So they remain silent.

Rhetorical question -

If Israel is openly postulating that maximum losses will be on the order of 500 and the duration shall only be 30 days, which of the following is true:

A) Israel is run by those that smoke crack

B) Israel is going to use armaments that ensure that conflict from any front, and related to Iran will only last a maximum of 30 days.

30 days.... there is very little that can be spooled up inside a 30 day window and produce a decisive outcome.

If B is an option, it puts the entire globe on edge. May we all pray that this is nothing more than rhetoric from Israel.

Good luck

Probably goes something like:

Israel starts war and stays around for 30 days or less

USA gets stuck with another 1 or 2 decade war at the cost of a couple Trillion.

Mad Mullahs are happy because the infidels finally attack them and they can now purge the country of all moderates and get back to work making nukes no matter what the cost and then in about 20 or 30 years use them to get revenge

Sure we can bomb them till we run out of money for bombs (and yes a full on war with Iran over the next 10 to 20 years will bankrupt the USA), but if you think we had it rough with ground troops in the last 2 wars, let's see how the news media reacts to images of US soldiers gunning down waves of little children coming towards them?

(Just in case you were not watching the news at that time, the Iranians during the Iraq / Iran war sent out waves of children to make the defenders run out of ammo before sending in the real troops)

As much as people didn't learn from History that the Afghans didn't like foreign invaders and were willing to fight for decades, nobody seems to think it could possibly be any issue starting a war for no good reason (other than because Israel wants to be the only one in the middle east with nuclear weapons) with a country full of people who know how to hold grudges for centuries and who's religion glorifies Martyrs as the ultimate heroes.

Notify the Federal Reserve to start the printing presses.

Deja vu!

"I can't tell you if the use of force in Iraq today would last five days, or five weeks, or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last any longer than that". Donald Rumsfeld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Polytrauma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Notify the Federal Reserve to start the printing presses.

Deja vu!

"I can't tell you if the use of force in Iraq today would last five days, or five weeks, or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last any longer than that". Donald Rumsfeld </div></div>

Not to be picky, but the FED doesnt print the money.The government prints it, the FED just gives them permission to, by lieing to everyone and telling them that they (the FED) actually has that kind of money. But they will certainly 'lend' us a few trillion more to fight the wars that they engineer so they can lend us more money to fight more wars so they can lend us more trillions........

Consider this, posted in another thread by Colt West...

http://moneymorning.com/ob/economist-richard-duncan-civilization-may-not-survive-death-spiral/

As a little side note, did you know that the FDIC actually has less than 3 cents on the dollar if they ever got called on the carpet.

Ya really dont need to be a rocket scientist to see whats coming. Population goes UP UP UP, while resources go DOWN DOWN DOWN. Somebodys gonna get hungry and thirsty.

Reality is that Israel won't do shit and can't do shit without US support whether this is just logistics, top cover, air route through Iraq/Saudi/Turkey/Syria/whatever, intel or direct US engagement in air superiority.
Israel more or less "owns" US foreign policy and if US gets involved in another conflict the demise will just quicken. I'm not sure how can a sane person with seeing their own society crumble and slowly disintegrate root for war in some god forsaken place where there's absolutely nothing to gain. Middle east "nations" deserve each other and with all those years of conflict we (Westerners and Easterners/Asians) should just happily let them duke it out and in best case they'll wipe each other out or worst case come to their senses (in a few thousand year more
smile.gif
). If any of them just look at the "red button" all the rest of the nuclear capable countries should turn the entire region into glass and good riddance...

As a point of fact Sharac. I think most people would say Israel is the opposite of "God forsaken."
Carry on with whatever it was you were saying.

Anybody got a link to that map of the "Arabian sea" that I can't seem to find? The sea that will infill the area where the nuclear cratering occurs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If any of them just look at the "red button" all the rest of the nuclear capable countries should turn the entire region into glass and good riddance...</div></div>

I hate to be all pragmatic, but would you very much mind if we empty out the oil from beneath all the combatant nations before we turn them into endless swaths of trinitite?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to be all pragmatic, but would you very much mind if we empty out the oil from beneath all the combatant nations before we turn them into endless swaths of trinitite?
</div></div>

DOH!!!
I knew i forgot something....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This arrogant brat Israel is up for a surprise... </div></div>

Times change. Lets hope its time for Israel to get its lesson. </div></div>

When you say "Let's" Please do not include me. My questioning of the 500 deaths was purely out of concern over the possibility of sloppiness either in the estimate of possible dead or in the reporting of the number.

If Israel is forced to act they will have my support. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If any of them just look at the "red button" all the rest of the nuclear capable countries should turn the entire region into glass and good riddance...</div></div>

I hate to be all pragmatic, but would you very much mind if we empty out the oil from beneath all the combatant nations before we turn them into endless swaths of trinitite? </div></div>

I've always thought oil would be easier to find under glass.

This internet squabble will go nowhere.

Even Moses and Pharoah couldn't find common ground on the question of ownership. The term 'Palestine' wasn't even a word, let alone a constituency, back then; and people who leave it to religion to define their borders are constitutionally dedicated to strife.

War in the region is as inevitible as sunset following sunrise. All the Western powers have achieved is to prolong, further empower, and extend such conflict.

Our role is on the outside, isolating the combattants and cleaning up the resultant mess afterward...; which we do so well. Shouldn't be too much messier that that Boxing Day Tsunami I was in a medically-induced coma for.

This time around, let the rubble bounce, and let the camel jockeys do their own 'nation building'. Kick whomever survives in their asses repeatedly for turning their own homes into a vast litterbox. My cats are smarter than that, and they are a pair of feline fools.

I say, zealots want to fight, let 'em. My bet's on Isreal, like QQ. The only thing that keeps those folks from learning the idiocy inherent in endowing a theocracy with military power is...(gulp...), <span style="font-style: italic">us.</span> Otherwise, the incessant history of the region, from the Mesopotamians to the Italians and French, makes that all so abundantly apparent.

Support? I offer no support for any of them. That's how we got to this place to begin with.

Soon enough, civilization itself will be stretched beyond its limits, and foreign aid and nation building will be luxuries no nation can afford to indulge in. We'll learn; and too late again, like always. Charity will <span style="font-style: italic">have</span> to begin at home, and stay there, too.

High time; I say...

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This internet squabble will go nowhere.

Even Moses and Pharoah couldn't find common ground on the question of ownership. The term 'Palestine' wasn't even a word, let alone a constituency, back then; and people who leave it to religion to define their borders are constitutionally dedicated to strife.

War in the region is as inevitible as sunset following sunrise. All the Western powers have achieved is to prolong, further empower, and extend such conflict.

Our role is on the outside, isolating the combattants and cleaning up the resultant mess afterward...; which we do so well. Shouldn't be too much messier that that Boxing Day Tsunami I was in a medically-induced coma for.

This time around, let the rubble bounce, and let the camel jockeys do their own 'nation building'. Kick whomever survives in their asses repeatedly for turning their own homes into a vast litterbox. My cats are smarter than that, and they are a pair of feline fools.

<span style="color: #CC0000">I say, zealots want to fight, let 'em. </span> My bet's on Isreal, like QQ. The only thing that keeps those folks from learning the idiocy inherent in endowing a theocracy with military bower is...(gulp...), <span style="font-style: italic">us.</span> Otherwise, the incessant history of the region, from the Mesopotamians to the Italians and French, makes that all so abundantly apparent.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Support? I offer no support for any of them. That's how we got to this place to begin with. </span>

Soon enough, civilization itself will be stretched beyond its limits, and foreign aid and nation building will be luxuries no nation can afford to indulge in. We'll learn; and too late again, like always. Charity will <span style="font-style: italic">have</span> to begin at home, and stay there, too.

High time; I say...

Greg </div></div>

Best comments of the thread.