• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please Help Find Vets

Son of Dorn

Castellan
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2019
Hi everyone.

My dad died earlier tonight. Back in '67-'68 (iirc) he was at Camp Casey, South Korea, with the 7th ID.

I'm looking for people who might've known him or remember him, either in Korea or Fort McClellan (he was there afterward), or at the US Army Corps of Engineers 'cause he worked there for a few decades after leaving the Army.

I don't want to name names publicly right yet, so if you might be able to help, PM me and I'll give you his name. If there's another way of finding folks, leave a suggestion in the comments, please.

Thanks,
S.o.D

My prayers and condolences for the loss of your dad. Hope you are able to connect with those who knew him.

Sorry for your loss.
There may be a reunion org. for 7 ID. Many Bn. level reunion orgs. for my division, some real good some not so good.
You might try doing a search that way.
In my case it helps to know Company and Bn.

Reactions: cornhusker86
Sorry for your loss, Prayers for you and your family........good luck with your search.........

Prayers to you and your family sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss.
There may be a reunion org. for 7 ID. Many Bn. level reunion orgs. for my division, some real good some not so good.
You might try doing a search that way.
In my case it helps to know Company and Bn.
First, please accept my condolences. Second, see the bolded part. Sometimes the organization has a newsletter or e-zine where there is a column for veteran buddies to find each other. Descendants like yourself have used them to contact people who knew their relative.

Good luck. Research is challenging, fun and can be rewarding.

Hi everyone.

My dad died earlier tonight. Back in '67-'68 (iirc) he was at Camp Casey, South Korea, with the 7th ID.

I'm looking for people who might've known him or remember him, either in Korea or Fort McClellan (he was there afterward), or at the US Army Corps of Engineers 'cause he worked there for a few decades after leaving the Army.

I don't want to name names publicly right yet, so if you might be able to help, PM me and I'll give you his name. If there's another way of finding folks, leave a suggestion in the comments, please.

Thanks,
S.o.D

You have my condolences and sympathy. I lost my dad two months ago, and sometimes tears will just start rolling down my face without provocation.