• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Please help me choose a 500 yd scope

CharlesHJr

MP-not a sniper
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2013
NE Mississippi
Please help me with a new scope for hunting and targets out to 500 yards. The important things to me are great glass and low weight,under 24 ounces. I
do not need bells and whistles. My budget is $2000, but I'm willing to save longer to get the right scope. The scope will ride a 6.5 Creedmore. Yes I know the Creedmore will shoot a lot futher.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

IMO you'd be hard pressed to find a better optic than the Leuy Mark 6 for your 6.5 and the type of shooting you want to do. Assuming you're not including the weight of a mount, the Mark 6 is under 24oz and will take you out to the effective range of the 6.5 CM. I've seen them in the optics section of this forum for well under $2k and they can be had for $100 or so over that brand new. Very good selection of reticles as well.

The first manufacture that comes to mind when thinking about stellar glass and being light weight is Swarovski.

Here is a cool scope that would be very well rounded for a 500 yard target setup and a great piece of hunting glass: Swarovski 3.5-18x44 Z5 Riflescope
15.9 oz.

Another to look at is the FFP Kahles: Kahles 3-12x56 Helia C 30mm Riflescope

it's got a 56mm objective and still comes in at an amazing 19 oz. The Mil2 reticle is very nice.

Glass wise, you can never go wrong with Swaro or Kahles...

500 yards is a long scope, however it could be done. I the choice of the above mentioned I would go with the Bushnell due to the fact that I have never had one and that I am curious as to it´s performance. /Chris

Thanks for all of your advice. I am considering a Kahles C 2.5 - 10 x 50. Do any of you have experience with this optic. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. Tell it like it is!

Thanks Again,
Charles

Hensoldt 3-12 would be excellent if you can fine one trading on here. Seen a few over the last several months.

Hensoldt 3-12 would be excellent if you can fine one trading on here. Seen a few over the last several months.

I wonder if your suggestion made it almost 3 years in the past. Ha