• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes please help

tripple_ace

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2009
miami, FL
i have a rem 700 police edition with a trigger job so far and now im try 2 get a good scope but my budget is 1000 or under. this rifle is mostly for hunting shots no further then 200 yd and target practice (no competition). need info on what scopes are my best bet for my price range which is 1000 or under.

Re: please help

Fill out your profile, and for hunting and range work at under 200 yards scope choice isn't critical: get a decent quality one with emphasis on durability, set it up, and leave it alone.

If you would read the sticky thread above your post you would see that it says OPTICS FAQS, you might want to check that out since this question gets asked alot.

so if you were thinking that, are we just trolling or is that 1 grand burning a hole in your pocket??????

Zeiss
Bushnell ELite
Burris black diamond
Falcon
Sightron III

or get a buckmaster with target knobs and save the rest for ammo.

Simmons 4-16 with the gold.
Rings and base are extra.
100 bucks towards buddy/driver.
Still have 700. to spend on ammo, if they have it!

I'll give him this with no profile.

no its not burning a hole in my pocket, this is my first rifle build and just asking for help that's all a friend Russel from awa guns told me 2 come here get help and info. iv built hand guns and shotguns before but this is my first bolt rifle build. I'd appreciate the info/help. back 2 the 1000 limit for the scope is that i have a 270 wsm, a 7mm wsm, 5.56 ar that also need scope soon also so i'd like 2 get pretty decent scopes for them also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so if you were thinking that, are we just trolling or is that 1 grand burning a hole in your pocket?????? </div></div>

What is it about someone new on this site that asks a question and merits a response like that? Is he not allowed to offer up an opinion so someone else can say good or bad choice? Or are you so confident in your expert opinion that anyone less is just a troll?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so if you were thinking that, are we just trolling or is that 1 grand burning a hole in your pocket?????? </div></div>

What is it about someone new on this site that asks a question and merits a response like that? Is he not allowed to offer up an opinion so someone else can say good or bad choice? Or are you so confident in your expert opinion that anyone less is just a troll? </div></div>

Nope i wouldnt say that i am so confident in my expert opinion, but If he would have looked around or searched a little bit, he would have seen the sticky thread that says OPTICS FAQS, there he would have found his same topic, that occurs about 3 times a month, by new guys to the site. And he offered up an opinion on a statement that was contradicting. I have 1000 to spend on a scope, what are my options and what do you recommend? And then he posts again saying that the Super Sniper 10x is what he is looking at. And to not make this a battle on this thread why dont you pm me and we will talk if you feel so butthurt about the way that i responded

Here's the thing. For the usage you outlined in your first post, you do not need to spend a grand. There are lots of lower priced optics on the market that will meet your needs.

You can even "overbuy" a scope and not spend half of your budget.

Do a lot of searching on here and some research. There is some great info on here for the taking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so if you were thinking that, are we just trolling or is that 1 grand burning a hole in your pocket?????? </div></div>

What is it about someone new on this site that asks a question and merits a response like that? Is he not allowed to offer up an opinion so someone else can say good or bad choice? Or are you so confident in your expert opinion that anyone less is just a troll? </div></div>

Nope i wouldnt say that i am so confident in my expert opinion, but If he would have looked around or searched a little bit, he would have seen the sticky thread that says OPTICS FAQS, there he would have found his same topic, that occurs about 3 times a month, by new guys to the site. And he offered up an opinion on a statement that was contradicting. I have 1000 to spend on a scope, what are my options and what do you recommend? And then he posts again saying that the Super Sniper 10x is what he is looking at. And to not make this a battle on this thread why dont you pm me and we will talk if you feel so butthurt about the way that i responded </div></div>

Doesn't hurt my feelings either way, if someone is a known piece of shit troll, then we can deal with them as the moderators see fit. But some come here a lot less experienced than others and genuinely look for advice, more often than not I see unnecessary responses IMO. The search doesn't always garnish the same result as actual interaction with people, otherwise we would have a lot less traffic on the site, I'm sure many of us know a lot these topics have been beat to death but it doesn't seem to keep them from drawing 100 responses in some cases. I look up to a lot of people on this site in ability alone, being a small group why not stick together and help each other out.

Now if you feel we still need to address this one on one, let me know.

Nikon Buckmaster (power, your choice) with Burris XTR rings....probably less than 385 new.

Probably pretty easy to find a nice used Leupold that would serve you very well and be well withing your price range.

The new Falcons seem to be very well thought of by owners on this forum and are also well within your price range.

You have many many options that would fall within the parimeters you've set. Take your time, research and try and get some hands on with some of them. Get the one YOU like best. Good luck and welcome to the Hide.

okie