• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please join me in praying for America

Lord Father we come before you, first and foremost to give you thanks, we give thanks for your perfect salvation, promises made and kept, and your wonderful GRACE.

We ask Lord that your will be done in our nation, our communities, and our hearts! We ask that you would give us the strength to stand up for your word and wisdom when to do so. Allow our minds to be receptive to the Holy Spirit in guiding our feet and words in these troubled times.

We understand our nation has abandoned you corporately, but the faithful have not and we come before you and beg for our nation. You promised not to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if there be any righteous people within its limits. And while their judgment was found necessary, we beg Lord that you would restore this nation and spare us the judgment we deserve.

Grant us revival and restoration Lord, so that the whole world will know your GLORY and MERCY. If it is within your will that we must do things in which we imagined we would never have to do, we ask that in those actions you give us unwavering strength, purpose, and protection.

We pray for our families salvation and protection Lord.

In your name Jesus, Amen.

To those saying that prayer is good, but prayer alone is not enough and that we must fight our own battles; God's not going to rescue us. . . read 2 Chronicles 20. The people of Moab and Ammon brought a great army against king Jehoshaphat of Judah. So Jehoshaphat cried out to God because there was no way they could defend against the enemy.

14 Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, in the midst of the assembly. 15 And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the Lord to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. 16 Tomorrow go down against them. They will surely come up by the Ascent of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the brook before the Wilderness of Jeruel. 17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you." 2 Chronicles 20:14-17

And the Lord caused the enemy armies to turn on each other and kill each other. The people of Judah did not lift a finger, but prayed and praised God only, and watched while He destroyed their enemies.

The battle is not yours, but God's. He may indeed call us into battle, but we must submit to His leadership and instructions.

Abba Elohim, we come before you today as your humble servants, seeking your guidance and blessing through all things.

We praise you for your steadfast love, mercy, grace, kindness, and forgiveness through the riches and glory of our Savior Yeshua Hamashiach.

Lord, we pray that you fill us with your Holy Spirit, that we come to the full knowledge of your will for our lives, that we may have discernment and understanding, for power and authority in your Holy name, for peace and forgiveness, and for strength and courage to obey your voice in all that you command us to do. Let us not be fearful or dismayed, for we know that you are with us wherever we go.

Lord, we know that you are sovereign over all of creation, and pray that your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. We pray for your divine protection and blessing as we face these uncertain times, and ask that you draw us all closer to you.

Father God, we pray for our brothers in Christ, and lift them up to you, that you may bless them and guide them and lead them to be the light that no darkness can overcome. We pray that you continue your good work in all of them, to be conformed to the likeness of your Son.

Lord, you know what we need before we ask... We pray that you cleanse us from all unrighteousness that we may receive your blessings and the courage to walk the path that you would set before each of us.

Let us not shrink from your call Holy God

We pray all of these things in Yeshua's holy name, Amein

Great prayer! Just thought I'd point out because everyone may not be familiar: Yeshua is the Hebrew name of Jesus. This is the name that people actually called Him when He walked the earth. Yeshua Ha'Mashiach is literally "Jesus the Messiah".

For those new to fasting:

What do you mean by fasting?
If you google "fasting" you will see a hundred different versions of fasting -many of them geared toward health and fitness. A lot of them are more akin to giving something up for Lent than fasting. But a real fast is not just temporarily denying yourself something you enjoy like ice cream or beer. A biblical fast to accompany prayer is going without food, so that's what we're going to do. You also don't drink anything but water, so no softdrinks and definitely no alcohol.

Why fast?
The Bible is full of people fasting to accompany their prayers during hardship or danger. Fasting shows God you're so serious about seeking His help that you will literally choose to pray instead of eating. And something happens when you start having hunger pangs and you keep praying. . . your prayers become more focused. At first, the hunger feels like a distraction, but as you press in to the presence of God, ignoring the hunger, your prayers become more focused and you begin to feel His presence more strongly. Fasting basically supercharges your prayers.

I've never done this, so how do I start?
If you aren't used to going without a meal, then just skip lunch. By mid-afternoon you'll start getting hungry, and you should just keep praying as long as you can. Try to make it past your normal dinner time. Then break your fast with a late dinner and you're done for the day. I tried to fast all day several times. I found if I don't have my normal coffee and a little protein in the morning, I have a raging headache by lunch time. Hard to pray with a migraine. So don't shoot yourself in the foot if you have a similar issue.

This is the most important part:
How long should I pray?
I read the average Christian spends only a minute and a half in prayer each day. The prayers of most Christians are quick hit and run jobs where they basically stop in and say "Hi God, please forgive me for my sins, thanks for my salvation, please give me ______________, in Jesus name, Amen." This is a joke. Ephesians 6:18 and 1 Thessalonians 5:17 both state Pray at all times. There are countless examples in the Bible of people praying for hours, even days on end. But that's not to say that prayers should be full of empty fluff, either. Matthew 6:7 says: And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. So what then? When you talk to your best friend about a situation that you're really worried about, do you only talk for a couple minutes? It's probably more like a couple hours, right? It should be that way between you and God. Some of the prayers on here are great examples of prayer and you can pray through them one after another (just don't be repetitive).

For those new to fasting:

What do you mean by fasting?
If you google "fasting" you will see a hundred different versions of fasting -many of them geared toward health and fitness. A lot of them are more akin to giving something up for Lent than fasting. But a real fast is not just temporarily denying yourself something you enjoy like ice cream or beer. A biblical fast to accompany prayer is going without food, so that's what we're going to do. You also don't drink anything but water, so no softdrinks and definitely no alcohol.

Why fast?
The Bible is full of people fasting to accompany their prayers during hardship or danger. Fasting shows God you're so serious about seeking His help that you will literally choose to pray instead of eating. And something happens when you start having hunger pangs and you keep praying. . . your prayers become more focused. At first, the hunger feels like a distraction, but as you press in to the presence of God, ignoring the hunger, your prayers become more focused and you begin to feel His presence more strongly. Fasting basically supercharges your prayers.

If you aren't used to going without a meal, then just skip lunch. By mid-afternoon you'll start getting hungry, and you should just keep praying as long as you can. Try to make it past your normal dinner time. Then break your fast with a late dinner and you're done for the day. I tried to fast all day several times. I found if I don't have my normal coffee and a little protein in the morning, I have a raging headache by lunch time. Hard to pray with a migraine. So don't shoot yourself in the foot if you have a similar issue.

This is the most important part:
How long should I pray?
I read the average Christian spends only a minute and a half in prayer each day. The prayers of most Christians are quick hit and run jobs where they basically stop in and say "Hi God, please forgive me for my sins, thanks for my salvation, please give me ______________, in Jesus name, Amen." This is a joke. Ephesians 6:18 and 1 Thessalonians 5:17 both state Pray at all times. There are countless examples in the Bible of people praying for hours, even days on end. But that's not to say that prayers should be full of empty fluff, either. Matthew 6:7 says: And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. So what then? When you talk to your best friend about a situation that you're really worried about, do you only talk for a couple minutes? It's probably more like a couple hours, right? It should be that way between you and God. Some of the prayers on here are great examples of prayer and you can pray through them one after another (just don't be repetitive).

Good stuff here, thanks for posting.

Matthew Chapter 6

16 Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;

18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

Note, he didnt say "If" ye fast and pray, he said "WHEN ye fast and pray."

Fasting can be very powerful stuff. I used to do it a lot, went for 5 days once with only water. A buddy was going for 40 but quit at 33 days.

Come'on man. :p

Man up. You addicted? Withdrawls? Unless you have some sort of medical problem, skip the proteins and coffee and just drink a lot of water, it helps a lot to flush your system. The headache is just toxins working their way out.

Before attempting a long fast one really needs to prepare and have a plan for breaking the fast. You dont want to go 20 days and them break it with a rare steak, you can hurt yourself. Start back with tea then juice, then a bit of fruit, then some veggies...

Hey now, I've tried to fast from the time I wake up on several occasions and they all ended up the same way. I mean if you can't think to pray cause you've got a migraine, kind of defeats the purpose. Starting after breakfast, I've gone til midnight without food, and no headache. Weird. Maybe I'll try the ol' fashion way one more time, lol

Hey now, I've tried to fast from the time I wake up on several occasions and they all ended up the same way. I mean if you can't think to pray cause you've got a migraine, kind of defeats the purpose. Starting after breakfast, I've gone til midnight without food, and no headache. Weird. Maybe I'll try the ol' fashion way one more time, lol

Its tough. Lots of water and theres nothing wrong with taking a lot of naps. Stay active t takes your minde of the discomfort. I usually just go about my daily activities but mindful that Im in a state of prayer and meditation.

Im dealing with a Hiatal hernia right now but Ill join ya'll for as long as I can.

Good morning and God bless you!

Many of us will begin fasting and praying today. As today is also Sunday, I ask you to please watch the following sermon "How to Pray for America". It is perfect for our current situation. Please watch and pray.

Let me start by thanking you for bringing up this topic. As I said earlier, I used to fast a lot, but the world got in the way.

Secondly, though, I think we need to be careful in our reading of the scriptures as many, especially the Old Testament, are mans (inspired) view of God and not necessarily 100% as it is. A for instance.

"No man has seen Gods face and live but only his hinder parts." I dont remember the exact passage and that is a paraphrase, but I believe accurate. Anything we say 'about' God is only that, us putting the infinite and eternal in a box that we are able to understand. The finite mind/soul can not comprehend the infinite, outside of, perhaps, divine revalation.

By my understanding, "God is Love". (Read Corinthians 13) Love would never condemn anyone, it simply is and awaits our recognition and embrace. If we are condemned, it is because we turn from Love and become involved in the flesh, and in that condemn ourselves. When we see our errors and turn from them we ameliorate the condemnation. Kind of like youre walking into a fire and starting to burn, feel the heat and turn back before its too late.

Secondly, though, I think we need to be careful in our reading of the scriptures as many, especially the Old Testament, are mans (inspired) view of God and not necessarily 100% as it is.

By my understanding, "God is Love". (Read Corinthians 13)

Kind of an odd mix there where you talk about a large part of the currently accepted bible, as (rightly) being somebody's "inspired" view of God and then proceed to say you are basing your primary beliefs on something written by somebody who was simply a well respected leader and evangelist.
Someone also who never actually spoke in the direct name of God as an official prophet or actual official disciple.

I understand of course, my old school Christian beliefs are very different than most modern western Christians and that's just how it goes.

But I will say that in my opinion, the modern doctrinal turn towards all love, tolerance, acceptance and waiting for God to do the hard stuff is quite possibly why in a country founded by militant fanatical Christians, we now find Christians being openly persecuted, mocked, reviled and silenced. Where Christians are arrested for having worship services when the Government tells them to stop gathering to worship...
Take a look at the state of Europe if you want to see about 10 to 20 years into our future at the rate we are going.

Reactions: BLEE
Kind of an odd mix there where you talk about a large part of the currently accepted bible, as (rightly) being somebody's "inspired" view of God and then proceed to say you are basing your primary beliefs on something written by somebody who was simply a well respected leader and evangelist.
Someone also who never actually spoke in the direct name of God as an official prophet or actual official disciple.

I understand of course, my old school Christian beliefs are very different than most modern western Christians and that's just how it goes.

But I will say that in my opinion, the modern doctrinal turn towards all love, tolerance, acceptance and waiting for God to do the hard stuff is quite possibly why in a country founded by militant fanatical Christians, we now find Christians being openly persecuted, mocked, reviled and silenced. Where Christians are arrested for having worship services when the Government tells them to stop gathering to worship...
Take a look at the state of Europe if you want to see about 10 to 20 years into our future at the rate we are going.

I believe you misinterpreted my post. In a couple places.

First, I never said I base my beliefs on anyone other than what I have read and pondered long and hard. I may listen to what they have to say and incorporate some of it into my belief system or I may not.

Secondly, the turn toward love and tolerance is direct from Corinthians. There is a difference in loving the individual and accepting his or her behavior. It is my place to decide if that behavior is right for me, but never to judge. Judge not (the word actually meant 'condemn' in its time/context) lest ye be judged. That job is the Almighty's. A for instance. We have a member here, GayGunz. Frankly, I think him one of the more reasonable members here. Ive had some good pm conversations with him and know that he believes in god and believes that God loves him.. Though personally I have some qualms with the gay lifestyle, who am I to condemn him I accept him as God's child and if God wants to accept him or correct him, thats Gods call, not mine.

Nor did I say, anywhere, to "Let God do the hard stuff."

Most of the founders of this country were more Theists, or Deists, than strict Christia, see below. I tend to steer a middle course, accepting Christ, yet employing 'reason' as well as spiritual leading, to interpret the Bible and guide my life.

The religious beliefs of America’s Founding Fathers ...
greatamericanhistory.net › blog › the-religious
Dec 31, 2012 · It is true that a few of the Founders (such as Thomas Paine) were deists, and that some of the Founders (such as Alexander Hamilton) were Christians. But the majority of the Founders were somewhere in between. Their beliefs were, in fact, in line with something that is becoming increasingly described as theistic rationalism.

Most of the founders of this country were more Theists, or Deists, than strict Christia, see below.

Those guys are the ones that essentially re-founded the country much later on during the time of the revolution.

The original Puritans and others who actually kick started the movement to settle America were much different.

Guys, I appreciate your conviction, but this is not the time or place for theological or historical debate. We are seeking God on behalf of our nation. Let's stay on task, please.

This. This right here is how you pray for your country.

Notice that repentance for the sins of his nation are the backbone of the prayer?

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:13-14

Last edited:
I am in, Most of the men in my family and a few guys from church and SH have been fasting together and praying since yesterday morning. Plan is to continue until Tuesday morning. I wasn't aware of this thread but I am encouraged to see so many praying, believing brothers on the Hide.

Guys, I appreciate your conviction, but this is not the time or place for theological or historical debate. We are seeking God on behalf of our nation. Let's stay on task, please.

I think that our discussion is on task. As long as we are clarifying our beliefs it gives us a chance to learn and refine our prayer. But I will (mostly) restrict it.

Here's a concept I wish people could embrace as it pertains to Faith.

How about we look for and latch onto what we can agree on with someone, rather than look for the thing we can disagree on? If we can agree on something, even one thing, then we can often find other things we may be able to agree on. We don't have to agree on everything. If we let truth lead the discussion, the debate regarding the truth can be the discussion. If we search for what we disagree on, then the discussion becomes about who is in the discussion rather than the topic itself.

That is the anti-thesis of truth seekers. Show your work. Debate the topic. Demonstrate your experience or lack of it so your opinion can be weighed properly and truthfully.

How about we look for and latch onto what we can agree on with someone, rather than look for the thing we can disagree on? If we can agree on something, even one thing, then we can often find other things we may be able to agree on. We don't have to agree on everything. If we let truth lead the discussion, the debate regarding the truth can be the discussion. If we search for what we disagree on, then the discussion becomes about who is in the discussion rather than the topic itself.

That is the anti-thesis of truth seekers. Show your work. Debate the topic. Demonstrate your experience or lack of it so your opinion can be weighed properly and truthfully.

This.

We will naturally have areas of, if not disagreement, different views. The way we find agreement is through discussion. I took the one above to PM out of respect for O, but feel that any respectful discussion on this topic is good as it does keep us on the right track. Years ago I learned "Pray without ceasing." so even my discussion is part of prayer.

Reactions: Odysseus1911

I agree with you. But here's the thing: you don't come to a prayer meeting and start a debate.

Debate is a good thing; a necessary thing to keep faith alive and our understanding of God's Word sharp. To weed out false doctrine and the doctrines of men. I hope as this "experiment" on the Hide progresses, God will bless it and cause it to grow, and respectful debate can be a part of that.

But a prayer meeting is not the time or place. For now, please take debate to PM.

I don't know if it goes by post count or whatever but I have been praying to the Great Spirit, no matter what YOU call them, for quite some time.
If it goes by post count, like everytime you look around and think an apprecitive thought, or the Sky is prettty, I am on good terms with the Great Spirit, no matter what you call your diety.
I hope the Great Spirit, or whatever you call them, leads US all out of this den of evil and know it is a deep shit thing. Hard to believe the censoring of things or showing only part of what someone said, not the whole answer to questions???
What is there to hide? Maybe I don't want to know???Not the land that I thought I knew. I want to hear and see only the TRUTH, and know I won't.

Please pray with me.

Heavenly Father, help me to pray to You in the Spirit, right now. Draw near to me, as I draw near to You in prayer, and as I seek You, be found by me. Lord God, we have sinned against You. The people of America have made ourselves a stench in Your nostrils. So give me a contrite heart -an acceptable sacrifice before You. And help me to seek Your face with all my heart, soul, strength, and mind.

Lord, I know that this civilization was founded for the purpose of Your glory and the spread of the Gospel of Peace. I know our nation was consecrated to You by our first president, establishing a covenant with You. You prospered us, making us the greatest nation on earth, a shining city on a hill; a bastion of freedom and hope, the envy of the world. You used us to send forth Your gospel to all nations, and You used us to liberate the world from darkness in two world wars.

But we turned our back on You. We took You out of our government and began to elect godless leaders. We took You out of the education system and allowed falsehoods to be taught to our children instead of truth. We allowed our culture to embrace secular humanism, idolatry, and sexual perversion until we have now begun to war against Your ways, and the truth of Your Word, oh Lord. For a long time, we have called what is evil good. But now, we have even begun to call what is good evil. We have even followed in the footsteps of ancient Canaan in doing the very thing for which You destroyed them -child sacrifice. Ancient Canaan sacrificed their children on the altars of Moloch and Ba'al. And we sacrifice ours on the altars of Selfishness and Convenience. We have polluted and defiled the land by shedding the innocent blood over 60 million unborn babies.

We who are not only members of this nation America, but members of your church also confess that we allowed all this to happen on our watch! In the years following WWII, we prospered and became comfortable. We became inwardly focused, and Your church fell asleep. We should have fought against each of these things that our countrymen have done and with Your help, we would have prevailed! So as members of your church, we are complicit in allowing America to do these things and we confess this, too. We know that as a nation, we deserve judgment. And we repent of all this evil that we, as a nation, have done before You. We turn from our wickedness and seek Your face!

We cry out to You! Please Father, have mercy on us. Please don't let those who repent of our wickedness be few, but convict the entire nation. Turn all the hearts and minds of this nation to You, oh Lord! Pour out Your Spirit on us. Awaken Your church! Give Your church a strong backbone! Put Your fire in our bones! Raise up an army of prayer warriors to join me in praying prayers of repentance. Help us as a nation to turn from our wickedness and seek Your face, so that You will hear from heaven, and forgive our sins, and heal our land.

I love you Lord. And I trust You. And ultimately, I submit to Your will, even if that means the judgment and destruction of this nation that I love. But if it pleases You, please reclaim America for Your glory, and tear out by the roots, everything that has been planted here by Your enemy. Instead of darkness, let there be a great harvest.

We ask this together, in Jesus' name,

Amen

Last edited:
Wow, that's awesome!
Well, lol, I know I should be able to go a day without food, so... But, this last month my cluster headaches started back up, and they're not fun. I had my doubts on making it too far, but I think the Most High is cutting me a break today 😉

I'll be making fasting a regular part of my walk from now on.

• Love
Reactions: Odysseus1911
When I begin a day of fasting and prayer, it helps to start with worship. It really helps me to come into the presence of God, and then I begin praying. There's a lot of modern praise music that's really good, but I'm old school. I really like singing along with the old hymns. These are some of my favorites and they remind me of church when I was a boy. Enjoy!

Didn't know this until moments ago: there is a large national prayer event occurring right now! It began at 11:11 this morning (the 11th of Jan) and Christians from coast to coast are praying for America! Let's join them!

Please pray with me.

Heavenly Father, help me to pray to You in the Spirit, right now. Draw near to me, as I draw near to You in prayer, and as I seek You, be found by me. Lord God, we have sinned against You. The people of America have made ourselves a stench in Your nostrils. So give me a contrite heart -an acceptable sacrifice before You. And help me to seek Your face with all my heart, soul, strength, and mind.

Lord, I know that this civilization was founded for the purpose of Your glory and the spread of the Gospel of Peace. I know our nation was consecrated to You by our first president, establishing a covenant with You. You prospered us, making us the greatest nation on earth, a shining city on a hill; a bastion of freedom and hope, the envy of the world. You used us to send forth Your gospel to all nations, and You used us to liberate the world from darkness in two world wars.

But we turned our back on You. We took You out of our government and began to elect godless leaders. We took You out of the education system and allowed falsehoods to be taught to our children instead of truth. We allowed our culture to embrace secular humanism, idolatry, and sexual perversion until we have now begun to war against Your ways, and the truth of Your Word, oh Lord. For a long time, we have called what is evil good. But now, we have even begun to call what is good evil. We have even followed in the footsteps of ancient Canaan in doing the very thing for which You destroyed them -child sacrifice. Ancient Canaan sacrificed their children on the altars of Moloch and Ba'al. And we sacrifice ours on the altars of Selfishness and Convenience. We have polluted and defiled the land by shedding the innocent blood over 60 million unborn babies.

We who are not only members of this nation America, but members of your church also confess that we allowed all this to happen on our watch! In the years following WWII, we prospered and became comfortable. We became inwardly focused, and Your church fell asleep. We should have fought against each of these things that our countrymen have done and with Your help, we would have prevailed! So as members of your church, we are complicit in allowing America to do these things and we confess this, too. We know that as a nation, we deserve judgment. And we repent of all this evil that we, as a nation, have done before You. We turn from our wickedness and seek Your face!

We cry out to You! Please Father, have mercy on us. Please don't let those who repent of our wickedness be few, but convict the entire nation. Turn all the hearts and minds of this nation to You, oh Lord! Pour out Your Spirit on us. Awaken Your church! Give Your church a strong backbone! Put Your fire in our bones! Raise up an army of prayer warriors to join me in praying prayers of repentance. Help us as a nation to turn from our wickedness and seek Your face, so that You will hear from heaven, and forgive our sins, and heal our land.

I love you Lord. And I trust You. And ultimately, I submit to Your will, even if that means the judgment and destruction of this nation that I love. But if it pleases You, please reclaim America for Your glory, and tear out by the roots, everything that has been planted here by Your enemy. Instead of darkness, let there be a great harvest.

We ask this together, in Jesus' name,

Amen
I nominate this to become America’s Prayer. Wonderful job on putting that together. 👍

Father in Heaven,
I am broken. My heart is filled with hate. I am angry with the leaders of this country. There is a double standard that I don’t know if I can live with. This country was founded on the belief that you are the most high, but our leaders have spat in your face and now they are dragging my soul down with them. I pray that you lift my spirits from the depth and return my focus on you. Father I pray that you bring peace into my heart, and all of those Americans who are struggling as well. My mind is consumed with revenge. Please take the evil thoughts from my brain and replace them with your love. Help me to learn the true meaning of turning the other cheek. Father I thank you for your son and his death on the cross. And it is through him that we might be with you one day. Father please forgive us of our sins and help us to do those things that are pleasing to you.
Father I pray all of this in your sons holy name,
Amen 🙏

Father in Heaven,
I am broken. My heart is filled with hate. I am angry with the leaders of this country. There is a double standard that I don’t know if I can live with. This country was founded on the belief that you are the most high, but our leaders have spat in your face and now they are dragging my soul down with them. I pray that you lift my spirits from the depth and return my focus on you. Father I pray that you bring peace into my heart, and all of those Americans who are struggling as well. My mind is consumed with revenge. Please take the evil thoughts from my brain and replace them with your love. Help me to learn the true meaning of turning the other cheek. Father I thank you for your son and his death on the cross. And it is through him that we might be with you one day. Father please forgive us of our sins and help us to do those things that are pleasing to you.
Father I pray all of this in your sons holy name,
Amen 🙏
Amen

I have been praying for my country every day for the last 4 years. This is one of my go to beliefs, I hope you enjoy it.

faith.jpg

So many good prayers here and so many good thoughts. We all look at the glass from different angles and see different things. Right around the time of the election I was pleading with God not to let Biden win. He suddenly posed some questions "What will you do with 4 more years of Trump? Will you do as you have the last 4 years? Will you go to work, provide for your family and be a good citizen"? The questions hit me like a truck. I have pondered and prayed over those questions for months now trying to unpack all the possible answers. Such simple questions yet the more I pray the more layers seem to appear. I won't try and pack a months worth of prayer in this post but I will share a few of the conclusions I have reached. As believers many have put their faith in men to save us. We have let someone else do the heavy lifting because we were too busy to commit and get involved. We are reaping the benefits of those actions. As a nation we no longer raise overcomers and conquerors but instead we raise victims. The message of walking in love and turning the other cheek has been taken to extreme producing emasculated men. When I read the story of David and Goliath and David stands before him and says "Who is this uncircumcised Philistine that defies the most high God"? That doesn't sound like many men in the church today I know. Not only did David kill Goliath but prior to the fight he picked up 5 smooth stones from the stream. Some may not know this but Goliath had 3 brothers and a father that were all giants. Those 5 stones were for Goliath and his family.

Oh God I fall on my knees before you and repent for my complacency. I ask you to forgive me for all the times I could have furthered your kingdom and I didn't. I ask right now that you bring a revival to this country like never before. That men will rise up and retake this promised land you have given us. That we will stand for your word and not back down. Give us the courage to fight the good fight, to get involved in our communities and protect those that can't protect themselves. I am praying for a miracle and that you spare us from your judgment that we so rightly deserve but if we must endure the coming persecution then so be it. Our life is In your hands. Give us the strength to endure and let your bride flourish in those trials and tribulations. The battle is yours and I ask for your protection but should evil knock at my door let me die representing you and defending all that is dear to me. Amen.

I'm going to share one more sermon for now: I consider this man to be "my" pastor, even though I no longer live in that area. Chuck Swindoll was a former marine and has at least four doctorates. He is not a "prosperity" preacher.

This sermon from last Sunday is about the sovereignty of God: Daniel 4 and Romans 11:33-36. I don't know how to chop a video so here are timestamps:

28:20 Sermon starts
51:04 Discussion of Daniel 4 really starts here, but PLEASE...
1:09:51 PLEASE LISTEN AT LEAST FROM HERE TO THE END. If you put it on 2x speed this part is under 14 minutes and IMHO SO worth it! (I do that but usually listen at least twice!). He also encourages home participation in communion if you are a believer.

Throughout the Bible are lots of reminders of WHO is in charge. God is Sovereign. This is my summary of Daniel 4, but I can't relay the significance like Pastor Swindoll can (so listen above instead). . Daniel 4 discusses the sovereignty of GOD over Kings, and how Kings, and all of us need to remain in respect of that. King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon asked Daniel for interpretation of his dream that was quickly fulfilled to prophecy.
Basically King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream in which: a watcher and a holy messenger saw a strong productive fruit tree, with birds on the branches and under which the beasts would lie.The tree (which later per Daniel represented King Nebuchadnezzar himself) would be chopped down,but the tree stump was to be rich from the dew of heaven. He would go insane, have to eat grass with the beasts/oxen for 7 years, but be wet with dew. Daniel 4:17 "This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever He will, and setters up over the basest of men". Daniel said to the King (Daniel 4:25) he would remain as such "till thou know that the most High ruleth the Kingdom of men, and giveth to whomsoever he will" and he would need to "break off thy sins by righteousness, and thine iniquities by showing mercy to the poor" (Daniel 4:27). So a year later,King Nebuchadnezzar was driven out, went insane, lived with beasts & ate grass with oxen, and even grew eagle feathers and bird claws. After 7 years he acknowledged God is in charge (sovereign) and is to be praised and honored, he got it his kingdom back:
Daniel 4:34 "I Nebuchadnezzar lifted mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honored Him that liveth forever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom is from generation to generation... (36)A the same time my reason returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me. (37) Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride He is able to abase." The King finally believes when he writes this chapter of Daniel 4:3, "How great are His signs! and how mighty are His wonders! His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion is from generation to generation".

I'm not counting on POTUS-elect and "crew" changing his ways and seeing God..but it may be that only God will be their punisher. Maybe some of our current President's downfall can be seen in the "pre-change" Nebuchadnezzar "is this not the great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honor of my majesty?"(Daniel 4:30)
The point is about the whole last month and the changes we are seeing now: GOD IS IN CONTROL. Yeah, Chuck does it MUCH better. God Bless Everyone tonight.

Last edited:
Brothers, I appreciate the thoughts and prayers that have been and will be listed here. It reminds me of the comraderie we have, and continue to share into eternity. Your thoughts here lift me often after a heavy day, even to the sharing with family and friends. During my daily prayer time on the commute to the VA, I consistently plead for the continued ability to be a clear stream for His witness to be seen; especially by brothers and sisters in distress. And I'm reminded of a word of knowledge that was spoken over my wife and I over 20 years ago when we were confused about why "God was taking so long" to answer our prayers. From Habbakuk 2:3 "tho it tarry, wait for it, it surely will not tarry..." And we were reminded that His timing is often not ours, but to keep in mind the awesome phrase - "and suddenly, God..." Thanks Brothers, it is an honor to be counted among you in these times.

I will be fasting and praying Tuesday and Wednesday, the 19th and 20th. As many of you as feel compelled to join, please do. No situation is hopeless when our hope is in our Almighty Father.

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! -Matthew 7:7-11

I fasted last Sunday and am again today. Ive found that every time I fast I receive something back. Last week it was this, and its given in love w/o judgement or condemnation. That while long flowery prayers are ok, be careful because that what Jesus warned us about from the Sadducees and Pharisees. In questioning that I got this back. When you pray, pray in this fashion.

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Short, sweet, and to the point. Im gong to take that prayer apart and examine it.

Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
-Christ told us that "God is Love" and in another place, "God is Spirit" so hes saying Love is, should be, first in our hearts

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven
-Per the above, may love come here on earth as it is with you, where ever it is that you exist.

Give us this day our daily bread.
-Provide for our needs.

Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
-Seems pretty self explanatory though I seem to remember something in Jewish/Hebrew law about every 7years all debts being forgiven. Found it.
---Duet. 15-1...
King James Bible
At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release.

And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
-On this one I view it as "dont allow us to fall into temptation, but rather protect us from all evil.

For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever, Amen.
-Again, pretty self explanatory, see the first lines.

Wondering what Ill get back today. I could sure use the winning Powerball numbers...LOL.

Last edited: