• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please join me in praying for America

I fasted last Sunday and am again today. Ive found that every time I fast I receive something back. Last week it was this, and its given in love w/o judgement or condemnation. That while long flowery prayers are ok, be careful because that what Jesus warned us about from the Sadducees and Pharisees. In questioning that I got this back. When you pray, pray in this fashion.

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Short, sweet, and to the point. Im gong to take that prayer apart and examine it.

Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
-Christ told us that "God is Love" and in another place, "God is Spirit" so hes saying Love is, should be, first in our hearts

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven
-Per the above, may love come here on earth as it is with you, where ever it is that you exist.

Give us this day our daily bread.
-Provide for our needs.

Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
-Seems pretty self explanatory though I seem to remember something in Jewish/Hebrew law about every 7years all debts being forgiven. Found it.
---Duet. 15-1...
King James Bible
At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release.

And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
-On this one I view it as "dont allow us to fall into temptation, but rather protect us from all evil.

For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever, Amen.
-Again, pretty self explanatory, see the first lines.

Wondering what Ill get back today. I could sure use the winning Powerball numbers...LOL.
I understand the first part of the prayer; “Our father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name” as declaring that we are speaking to our Heavenly Father. Hallowed be thy name is referring to our Heavenly Father being Holy and honored as such.
I am not by any means saying that you are wrong or I am right. I just like to see the different perspectives in which we all view things. 👍

I understand the first part of the prayer; “Our father which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name” as declaring that we are speaking to our Heavenly Father. Hallowed be thy name is referring to our Heavenly Father being Holy and honored as such.
I am not by any means saying that you are wrong or I am right. I just like to see the different perspectives in which we all view things. 👍

Works for me. To me, our heavenly father, in its simplest form to understand, is love, so we're really not that far apart.

Reactions: Josh1978
Everyone needs to watch this morning's sermon from Tim Sheets about our current situation in America.

He tells a story of USMC General Chesty Puller's fearless leadership in battle, and tells us to fight like that. He rebukes Christians for losing hope and thinking that God can't or won't turn this around for us. He likens that type of weak faith to 10 of the 12 spies who went into Canaan and saw the land was inhabited by giants. 10 of them became afraid and told all Israel "we can't win, they're too big, too strong, too many." But Joshua and Caleb believed God would give them the victory. Be like Joshua and Caleb.

Last edited:
Everyone needs to watch this morning's sermon from Tim Sheets about our current situation in America.

He tells a story of USMC General Chesty Puller's fearless leadership in battle, and tells us to fight like that. He rebukes Christians for losing hope and thinking that God can't or won't turn this around for us. He likens that type of weak faith to 10 of the 12 spies who went into Canaan and saw the land was inhabited by giants. 10 of them became afraid and told all Israel "we can't win, they're too big, too strong, too many." But Joshua and Caleb believed God would give them the victory. Be like Joshua and Caleb.

His message starts at 52:25

Since you asked to avoid discussion I have avoided it and only gave an explanation of, the prayer of Jesus, the Lord's Prayer, as I understand it but Ive seen a lot of it including by you so have a short comment here.

I most and absolutely hope that you are right, but opine that its not always a weakness of faith to think it wont be turned around. I heard a sermon once discussing the difference between Gods 'Perfect will', and his 'Permissive will'. Ive experienced both and believe me you want the Perfect, not the permitted. If it is God's plan and will that our earthly kingdom fall to bring about his greater kingdom then I would in no way ask him to save us, only that we not be tried beyond our ability to withstand. I refer you to the Revelation of John.

Again, thanks for the thread, the fast today was great. Next week maybe two days. And a prayer for my former nemesis, Veer, where ever he may be.

Since you asked to avoid discussion I have avoided it and only gave an explanation of, the prayer of Jesus, the Lord's Prayer, as I understand it but Ive seen a lot of it including by you so have a short comment here.

I most and absolutely hope that you are right, but opine that its not always a weakness of faith to think it wont be turned around. I heard a sermon once discussing the difference between Gods 'Perfect will', and his 'Permissive will'. Ive experienced both and believe me you want the Perfect, not the permitted. If it is God's plan and will that our earthly kingdom fall to bring about his greater kingdom then I would in no way ask him to save us, only that we not be tried beyond our ability to withstand. I refer you to the Revelation of John.

Again, thanks for the thread, the fast today was great. Next week maybe two days. And a prayer for my former nemesis, Veer, where ever he may be.
Let me be clear, I'm not discouraging discussion, I'm preventing theological debate in this particular thread for two reasons:
1) Religion in the Bear Pit is a new thing, and Frank does not want this to become divisive, or we'll go right back to no religion on the Hide. Debate inside the confines of a shared belief structure between brothers of the same faith is good. Debate on an open internet forum gets people from every belief system, and it devolves into an argument about my understanding of scripture vs yours/my religion vs yours. WE'RE NOT DOING THAT HERE.
2) If I keep it primarily prayer, it keeps us from getting distracted from the original purpose, which is the entire reason I posted this thread -I believe if enough people pray, we'll see God act.

You bring up a good point for discussion (as opposed to debate). None of us can know whether the saving of America would be God's perfect will or God's permissive will. However, all earthly kingdoms will certainly fall, and God's kingdom will be established, so what's the timeline?

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. -2 Peter 3:9

2 Peter seems to indicate that God will wait until such a time as the maximum number of people can be saved, but that day has to come sooner or later. Acts indicates that a great end times revival is coming, so it goes without saying, He will wait until that occurs in order to bring in a great harvest:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy. -Acts 2:17-18

The church grows in persecution, but revival doesn't occur outside a free society, and there's no other civilization on the planet that would allow such a thing to occur. Therefore, as we have not yet seen this great revival, I don't think we're going straight into the tribulation and judgment. Also, ancient Israel did not see people seeking God before their judgment, but in our case, there are tens of thousands crying out to God with us right now, so I agree with Tim Sheets that we all need to have strong faith and stop thinking God won't turn this around.

Last edited:
Let me be clear, I'm not discouraging discussion, I'm preventing theological debate in this particular thread for two reasons:
1) Religion in the Bear Pit is a new thing, and Frank does not want this to become divisive, or we'll go right back to no religion on the Hide. Debate inside the confines of a shared belief structure between brothers of the same faith is good. Debate on an open internet forum gets people from every belief system, and it devolves into an argument about my understanding of scripture vs yours/my religion vs yours. WE'RE NOT DOING THAT HERE.
2) If I keep it primarily prayer, it keeps us from getting distracted from the original purpose, which is the entire reason I posted this thread -I believe if enough people pray, we'll see God act.

You bring up a good point for discussion (as opposed to debate). None of us can know whether the saving of America would be God's perfect will or God's permissive will. However, all earthly kingdoms will certainly fall, and God's kingdom will be established, so what's the timeline?

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. -2 Peter 3:9

2 Peter seems to indicate that God will wait until such a time as the maximum number of people can be saved, but that day has to come sooner or later. Acts indicates that a great end times revival is coming, so it goes without saying, He will wait until that occurs in order to bring in a great harvest:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy. -Acts 2:17-18

The church grows in persecution, but revival doesn't occur outside a free society, and there's no other civilization on the planet that would allow such a thing to occur. Therefore, as we have not yet seen this great revival, I don't think we're going straight into the tribulation and judgment. Also, ancient Israel did not see people seeking God before their judgment, but in our case, there are tens of thousands crying out to God with us right now, so it seems to me weak faith to think God won't turn this around.

I respect your thoughts and hope youre right but..... thats not weak faith rather a different perspective. As I said, I hope youre right. By John's Revelation, one way or another things (for the world) well get a lot worse before they get better. As I also said, I think this is but the beginning of that time and much is yet to transpire so we dont totally disagree.

Ive said what I had to say and other than "We shall see" dont have anything to add...at this point. Rest well.

Those of you who have known me here for a while know that Im into high end audio...nice gear and good playback of music. Music can really help after a trying day, In the early eighties I got into this guy Keith Green and his music/ministry. Rather than go into it Ill just post a link to him for you to read. Also a couple of my favorites of his songs. Enjoy.

Keith Green - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Keith_Green

Keith Gordon Green (October 21, 1953 – July 28, 1982) was an American contemporary Christian music pianist, singer, and songwriter originally from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, New York. Beyond his music, Green is best known for his strong devotion to Christ and challenging others to the same.

Father in Heaven,
We are thankful for the many blessings you send us each day. Father we ask that you put your hands on America. Remold us to the land that worships you first. Enter our schools and jobs and declare that your word will not be forced out of those walls. Father, please save us from the communist country we are becoming. Push those out of office that do not truly lead in your name.
Father we ask that you forgive us where we fail and help us to be stronger in those ways that are pleasing to you. We are great full for your son and his death on the cross. It is through him that we might be with you one day.
We pray all these things in your sons glorious name, Amen 🙏

Lets keep it going. Fasting is a very powerful tool in our arsenal. Some others:

Ephesians 6-11

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

And another one...

Colossians 1:9-14

9 And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,

10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

11 being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy;

12 giving thanks[d] to the Father, who has qualified you[e] to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.

13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,

14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

I think it prudent to remember the early Christians considered it an honor to be persecuted and even killed rather than fight back.

Im far weaker than that.
That's a great point. American Christians aren't too keen on the idea of being persecuted for the faith. There are many who feel persecution is coming to the American church very soon. If that is the case, I fear that the overwhelming majority of people identifying as Christians in America will quickly disavow the faith in order to avoid real persecution. The upside is that the church will be purified.

and when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name. Acts 5:40-41

But I do not take it to mean Christians should never defend themselves. Luke records that one of Jesus' last commands to His followers was for them to be armed so that they could defend themselves.

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. Luke 22:36

I really couldn't be more impressed with Oasis Church. They are doing strong prayer warfare on behalf of America and the church. They haven't given up and they are leading tens of thousands on the spiritual battlefield for America's future. I recently found that their pastor Tim Sheets has a brother named Dutch, who's been doing a daily 15 minute prayer warfare and word of encouragement to the "troops". I am very impressed and will start posting them as they are both brief and powerful. The following one is from the 20th and is very encouraging.

"God's plans for America have not changed."

That's a great point. American Christians aren't too keen on the idea of being persecuted for the faith. There are many who feel persecution is coming to the American church very soon. If that is the case, I fear that the overwhelming majority of people identifying as Christians in America will quickly disavow the faith in order to avoid real persecution. The upside is that the church will be purified.

and when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name. Acts 5:40-41

But I do not take it to mean Christians should never defend themselves. Luke records that one of Jesus' last commands to His followers was for them to be armed so that they could defend themselves.

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. Luke 22:36

I didnt mean that I would renounce the faith, though under torture, I might, one doesnt know until that time. What I meant is that I would fight, right or wrong.

I think that quote from Luke (or any passage) needs to be considered very carefully in the light of 20 centuries and several languages and interpretations. He also said that we should do as he does, use his life as an example. He had all the power of the universe at his disposal to protect himself yet humbly submitted to torture and death rather than fight. All the apostles did the same many requesting to be crucified upside down. I dont have a absolute answer, but I think the truth is in his example.

I didnt mean that I would renounce the faith, though under torture, I might, one doesnt know until that time. What I meant is that I would fight, right or wrong.

I think that quote from Luke needs to be considered very carefully in the light of 20 centuries and several languages and interpretations. He also said that we should do as he does, use his life as an example. He had all the power of the universe at his disposal to protect himself yet humbly submitted to torture and death rather than fight. All the apostles did the same many requesting to be crucified upside down. I dont have a absolute answer, but I think the truth is in his example.
I know what you meant and I'm right there with you.

I take the verse in Luke like this: Jesus had to die in order for the Father's plan of salvation to be fulfilled. If Jesus didn't die, none of us would get redeemed. Why then did He did order his followers to arm themselves? I think the reason is that if all believers allowed themselves to be killed, the message of the gospel would also be killed off, hence the command.

I know what you meant and I'm right there with you.

I take the verse in Luke like this: Jesus had to die in order for the Father's plan of salvation to be fulfilled. If Jesus didn't die, none of us would get redeemed. Why then did He did order his followers to arm themselves? I think the reason is that if all believers allowed themselves to be killed, the message of the gospel would also be killed off, hence the command.
I dunno brother. To avoid it becoming a debate, as you requested, lets agree to ask for the true illumination of the Holy Spirit for both of (and all of) us. I only want the unvarnished truth and will adapt my personal view to that once Im convinced.

Reactions: Odysseus1911
I dunno brother. To avoid it becoming a debate, as you requested, lets agree to ask for the true illumination of the Holy Spirit for both of (and all of) us. I only want the unvarnished truth and will adapt my personal view to that once Im convinced.
Absolutely :)

Reactions: Maggot
I recently read The Harbinger and The Harbinger II by Jonathan Cahn .

"Very" enlightening to say the least, and for me has helped to understand what is going on in the USA and the world to a degree.

I would strongly recommend that you put these on your must read ASAP list.

We should continue to pray that the United States turns back to its roots, worshiping and serving GOD.

Our time on earth is short, and we need to make the best of it.

Those of you who have known me here for a while know that Im into high end audio...nice gear and good playback of music. Music can really help after a trying day, In the early eighties I got into this guy Keith Green and his music/ministry. Rather than go into it Ill just post a link to him for you to read. Also a couple of my favorites of his songs. Enjoy.

Keith Green - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Keith_Green

Keith Gordon Green (October 21, 1953 – July 28, 1982) was an American contemporary Christian music pianist, singer, and songwriter originally from Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, New York. Beyond his music, Green is best known for his strong devotion to Christ and challenging others to the same.

I too remember Keith Green; he had the perfect song for those who would want to willingly go into slavery over easy entitlements, rather than endure the hardships of life to have a country of their own, freedom, and equal opportunity, though not necessarily equal outcomes, if they only applied themselves to their goals and thanked God.

Manna Waffles, Manna Bagels, Manna Burgers,...BaManna Bread. LOL

• Love
Reactions: Maggot
I too remember Keith Green; he had the perfect song for those who would want to willingly go into slavery over easy entitlements, rather than endure the hardships of life to have a country of their own, freedom, and equal opportunity, though not necessarily equal outcomes, if they only applied themselves to their goals and thanked God.

Manna Waffles, Manna Bagels, Manna Burgers,...BaManna Bread. LOL

Sad he died so young and with all his children.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
One more oldie for all who are depressed and wondering, it might seem like Friday night, but Sunday's on the way! God is still in control.

Roman's 13 : 1-7

13 Let every person (A)be subject to the governing authorities. For (B)there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you (C)will receive his approval, 4 for (D)he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, (E)an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also (F)for the sake of conscience. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. 7 (G)Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed

So when I read this I think to myself , in our government, who is the authority ? WE ARE . The people !
The government answers to us , not the other way around.
We the people are the authority and the politicians are the ones who must not resist the authority, as we are appointed this authority by GOD and anyone who resist will incur judgement !

For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad.
AND OUR POLITICIANS HAVE BEEN VERY, VERY BAD !
But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, (E)an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Be afraid , be very afraid

Last edited:
Sorry if I went political there , I know that's not really what this thread was about , but I am struggling with where everything is headed .

When does a father stop praying for their child to be healed and when he prays for the child to die peacefully?

Are we at this stage? I feel the Evil One has such a grip on this world that our Father needs to bring His children home. Look at our society. For the most part, we are God fearing people. However, those who are in charge and those who set the rules are surely controlled by the Devil. This world is his and he has taken greater steps to seed his world with hate and anger.

There have always been 2 sides, regardless of the situation. But now there seems to be such hate that these 2 groups will never become 1, never working for the good of our nation or the world. I know this all sounds like a doom and gloom story, but sometimes you need to face the facts. I'm not sure our country or the world for that matter can ever heal what is ailing us today. I hope to God I'm wrong, but I'm not sure it's possible.

Last edited:
These daily 15 minute American spiritual battle situation updates are very powerful. Nothing like the typical watered down stuff you hear in church. Watch the clip and join the prayer warfare.

I'm going to post the last few of these until we are on the current day's release.

Last edited:
I know that many have given up. Believers who prayed hard and prayed often, many who fasted and spent hours in prayer for weeks on end are exhausted. Most now believe that if God was going to do something, He would have done it already. And they have stopped making an appeal to God for our country because they have lost faith that God will act.

You may think I am simply not accepting reality for what I am about to say, but I'm going to say it anyway: If we continue to appeal to our Heavenly Father, HE WILL ANSWER. Don't give up. Keep praying. . . Hard. . With all your strength. Know this: God has a long history of waiting until the situation was impossible, so that He could demonstrate that He is a God who can do the impossible!

I know that many have given up. Believers who prayed hard and prayed often, many who fasted and spent hours in prayer for weeks on end are exhausted. Most now believe that if God was going to do something, He would have done it already. And they have stopped making an appeal to God for our country because they have lost faith that God will act.

You may think I am simply not accepting reality for what I am about to say, but I'm going to say it anyway: If we continue to appeal to our Heavenly Father, HE WILL ANSWER. Don't give up. Keep praying. . . Hard. . With all your strength. Know this: God has a long history of waiting until the situation was impossible, so that He could demonstrate that He is a God who can do the impossible!
I had given up on praying for our country. Then I saw the above post and it reminded me of something. Just because God doesn’t answer prayers when you want DOESNT mean he will not answer them. God will provide on his time, not ours. We have to remember that we can not put God in a box. He will come through when the time is right.
@Odysseus1911 Thanks for reminding me. 👍

Biden & Company seem like they are on top right now. However, I'd hate to be in their shoes now or come judgement day.

Recall that when the disciples were in the boat and the sea was in turmoil with Jesus asleep in the stern. They pleaded with Him then he calmed the sea. The point that I learned from that story is that I'd rather be in the boat in storm tossed waters with the God who made the sea than to be on dry land without Him.

We all need to remember that no matter how bad things get. John MacArthur gives Biden a warning. This entire video is great but at about 10:30 is when he warns Biden. Keep this in mind when you listen to MacArthur. Biden is in a very precarious position now and acting recklessly. He may think that he's the most powerful man in the world now but he's never met the King of kings.

Thank you for this thread. I've been praying for our beloved nation for so long. Each time I hear about the stupidity coming from our government, I redouble my efforts. Again today, after hearing of the journalists arrested for posting memes... It's getting bad. Now I'm praying for our side to show restraint. I'm thinking it won't be long before the tipping point gets reached, and something blows the lids off the place.

I had given up on praying for our country. Then I saw the above post and it reminded me of something. Just because God doesn’t answer prayers when you want DOESNT mean he will not answer them. God will provide on his time, not ours. We have to remember that we can not put God in a box. He will come through when the time is right.
@Odysseus1911 Thanks for reminding me. 👍
It has been my experience that he doesnt always give you what you ask for.

Prayers not meant to get what you ask for. It's meant to ask for what you need.

Why do you interject your opinion in a thread that talks about something that you don't believe in?

Asking for a friend, his name is Jesus.

Why do you interject your opinion in a thread that talks about something that you don't believe in?

The trick is not to ask for an easy path, but the strength to make it through the path he sets you on.

Out of respect for the OP's request to not get into debates, and especially contentious ones, which you are obviously trying to stir up, other than to note Ive seen this post, Ill avoid further comment. I hope you will find some respect for the thread and confine your posts to the subject at hand, prayer for our nation, and mankind in general.

Actually, this experience varies greatly from person to person, but it is true for most Christians. And there's a very good reason for this. Most people who identify as Christian are what Paul implies as "baby Christians" -needing to hear the foundations of the faith over and over and never progressing to an adult understanding of the things of God, and never growing into the selfless, mature God-seekers that we should be.

And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; for you are still carnal. -1 Corinthians 3:1-2

Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. -Hebrews 6:1-2

His will is perfect. Our own personal will based on human reasoning and motivations is not.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts. -Isaiah 55:9

Most Christ followers are not truly dead to the self and alive in Christ, so their prayers are more in line with their own personal will rather than God's. Indeed, God doesn't always give them what they ask for. The more you die to the self and seek God's will in everything, the more your personal will mirror's God's will. It is when we pray what is in God's will, that He gives us what we ask for.

Actually, this experience varies greatly from person to person, but it is true for most Christians. And there's a very good reason for this. Most people who identify as Christian are what Paul implies as "baby Christians" -needing to hear the foundations of the faith over and over and never progressing to an adult understanding of the things of God, and never growing into the selfless, mature God-seekers that we should be.

And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; for you are still carnal. -1 Corinthians 3:1-2

Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. -Hebrews 6:1-2

His will is perfect. Our own personal will based on human reasoning and motivations is not.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts. -Isaiah 55:9

Most Christ followers are not truly dead to the self and alive in Christ, so their prayers are more in line with their own personal will rather than God's. Indeed, God doesn't always give them what they ask for. The more you die to the self and seek God's will in everything, the more your personal will mirror's God's will. It is when we pray what is in God's will, that He gives us what we ask for.
Agreed. I was pointing in that direction when I spoke of God's 'Perfect' vs 'Permissive' will. Or the Lord's Prayer..."Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done."

The key is to include His will in your prayers. God isn't some Santa Claus in the sky. He will grant us our prayers when they align with His will and plan. Sometimes we don't get exactly what we want, sometimes we get better than what we asked for, and sometimes we might not get it at all because it would ultimately not align with God's plan and negatively effect many others. The key is to trust that He has plans for us for good, and not for evil, to give us hope and a future. Prayer should always also include reverence for God and deference to His plan and will as a sign of our faith and trust. Prayer is first and foremost our conversation with our Friend, Creator of the universe, and Father not just a wishing session only to be used when in need.