• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please report any issues you're having on the site

alexj-12

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Illinois
    Hey everyone, it’s come to my attention that a lot of bugs are popping up on the site and we’re working as quickly as we can to get these resolved. Known issues are:

• 508 resource errors and slow load times
    • User upgrades not processing on the site

We’re working to solve these as quickly as we can and I will keep you all posted when we do, but I also wanted to start this thread in case there are any other issues you’d like to report. Anything, even small bugs, let me know so that we can get them fixed and get the site back in perfect shape. Thanks guys and thank you all for your patience.

Im not sure if it’s a problem on my end.

But sometimes using what I would call auto spell on my iPad or iPhone. It will only insert half of the word.

yeah I know I’m being lazy using it.

It only does it on this site. Or at least it seems that way.

Might be a PEBKAC error, but I no longer have an option to edit my posts. Confirmed this on browsers Vivaldi, Chrome, IE, Edge, & Chrome for Android.

1625712942257.png
    1625712959080.png

Not able to post photos. The little toolbar at the top of the reply box is grayed out and clicking the flip down tabs (the 3 vertical dots) does nothing.

I've noticed this over the last few months.

does burning when urinating count ? 😊 no problems here other wise .

Reactions: Maggot
    Resource limit reached message every once in awhile.

My other complaint is that the cursor does odd things when I “return” to move down a line while typing a post.

Sometimes I hit return and the cursor drops down a line but doesn’t automatically capitalize the first letter, sometimes the cursor doesn’t move down at all, sometimes it drops down and is highlighted and at other times, it jumps back into the previous text, randomly.

See attached pic of the “random highlighting after return”. I hit return and it moved down, took off the auto caps and added a highlight/select cursor. All of this is on an iPad, btw.

Cheers

Attachments

• 070B5D92-E6B2-4E47-BFB3-FADA4A37B290.jpeg
      070B5D92-E6B2-4E47-BFB3-FADA4A37B290.jpeg
      92 KB · Views: 36
    I'm still getting "Resource Limit Reached" on my laptop, but, my Android phone seems to work just fine. Using DDG for a browser on laptop(If that makes a diff., or not). Mac

Reactions: acudaowner
    I'm still getting "Resource Limit Reached" on my laptop, but, my Android phone seems to work just fine. Using DDG for a browser on laptop(If that makes a diff., or not). Mac
    Might want to look this article over for how to flush your DNS cache.

Reactions: 10ring'r
    Refresh the laptop it probably hasn't cycled through the DNS Change

The Change is often a rolling one as different ISPs will refresh sooner than others
    You are correct on the "refresh". I did just that the last couple of times I got the message.
    Now, this a.m., I got the message on my laptop, bombed out of the site, then went back in, and all seems right with the world. Before this a.m., I would have to do a hard shut-down, then boot back up again, to get the site to work for a short time, before it would start all over again. Thanks for all your time and effort. Mac (y)

Man! I never knew how big of a pain in the ass managing a website could be!

i have received a lot of the resource not sufficient last night, yesterday and day before. Not today, yet.

If you are still seeing it thesystem has not cycled for you…

it’s been addressed we already stated numerous times, not everyone will see the change at the same time, you have to flush your DNS or let your ISP do it over a period of time

if after tomorrow it happens more than once let us know - the non tech savvy should refrain from commenting until later

Tried to open the thread "Resource Limit Is Reached" and got this message:

Resource Limit Is Reached​

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Ironic, and it happened when I tried to open up this thread to report it. Lasted about 10 minutes.

For Windows users to flush DNS:
    Windows key+R>type CMD>click OK or press enter>in the black cmd window type: ipconfig /flushdns and press enter

There is nothing we can do, log off if you won’t listen to what is being said

This was addressed, we have to cycle the system internet wide, if you can’t understand it, then leave it’s that easy

I am not gonna repeat myself again, the fix is not instant, we are not flicking a switch it’s has to cycle

So don't report any more "Resources Limited" messages.

Got it.

What’s wrong with the for sale section I can’t post a new thread.

I don't see the "supporter" tag on your user list.
    That's probably the problem.
    Go to my account, choose account upgrades and sign up for the supporter account ($19.95 / month) and you'll be able to post.

I believe the link to Your News Feed (where you have chosen to follow selected member’s posts) isn’t visible or has been disabled ? It used to sit in the Forums section I think as a link to Your News Feed as in the pic below.

Attachments

• DF63E3CE-3096-4D8B-8828-5BF90149A61F.png
      DF63E3CE-3096-4D8B-8828-5BF90149A61F.png
      704.3 KB · Views: 43
    Is anyone else getting this weird "Checking Browser" screen when first accessing the site? It displays for about 5 seconds, and then sends me to the site. Weird, but no big deal. It's just new over the last couple of days.

Now I am getting that message saying my browser has to be checked before I can use Snipershide. Only site this is happening on.

Don’t you just love using recycled electrons

Is anyone else getting this weird "Checking Browser" screen when first accessing the site? It displays for about 5 seconds, and then sends me to the site. Weird, but no big deal. It's just new over the last couple of days.
    I came here to ask this. I'm sure it's nothing and if it's part of the 'upgrade' thats fine but if it's the enemy hacking in and routing my coms to the Hide to some monitoring cloud I have a problem.

Now I am getting that message saying my browser has to be checked before I can use Snipershide. Only site this is happening on.

Don’t you just love using recycled electrons

That's the DDOS protection service doing it's job.
    So yes, it's working as expected.

I'm getting this same message every
    time I try to access the site, last night it just kept trying but never redirected, today is better but still takes around
    10 seconds.

The ddos service page locks up on my end, on duckduckgo browser, when trying to access the forum. It just keeps refreshing over and over.