• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Plinking at a PRS range in San Luis Obispo on Saturday...

joelinux

hed weezul
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2019
Hey everybody! i don't know where I should post this, so if this is the wrong area, let me know.

Myself and a few friends will be plinking at the Hogue Range in San Luis Obispo on Saturday.

They are only open from 9 to 1, so if you want to say hi and shoot up to 1400 yards, I'm sure they would love to have you, and it would be great to meet a few more 'Hide folks.

For some reason, Google has it as 3610 Gilardi Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405

Would love to see you!

1579887912710.png

I'll make it down there one of these days. Planning in heading to Avenal this weekend for one of their monthly club matches.

Where are you coming from?

Reactions: Hardpan
I'll make it down there one of these days. Planning in heading to Avenal this weekend for one of their monthly club matches.

Where are you coming from?
Santa Barbara. You?

The range facility is located halfway between San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay.

When you exit Hwy1 and make the main gate, go to the RIGHT, and follow the road.

You'll see the Delta Long Range facility on your left as you drive down the road.

I've shot at this range for years through work. Good bunch of people who run it.

Yes, open to the public, as long as you don't have felonies that prevent you from owning a firearm. $20 if you are a member. $50 for a year membership, at which point the daily drops to $10.

Reactions: Leatherlunger
Here is the layout of the range....the start of the white line is the firing line. The end is where the 1400 yard target is. The "Chorro Valley Regulators" are the cowboy action group next door.
1581168775768.png

Thats cool pricing is the same as the other range. Are the hours the same as the other rifle/pistol range?
No. As it is all volunteer based, they only have rsos Thursdays and Saturdays from 9-1. They are looking to expand though.

@joelinux, currently I live in south OC County and I’m always looking for opportunities to shoot in different places. Do you guys have any plans to run any local super low key matches? It’s roughly 4 and half hour drive for me.

@joelinux, currently I live in south OC County and I’m always looking for opportunities to shoot in different places. Do you guys have any plans to run any local super low key matches? It’s roughly 4 and half hour drive for me.
Join the group and ask. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Mk32784
Not really a PRS range when they don't hold matches... and can't tell you when they will lol.

This match was held March of last year at our range. We will be having another PRS match in Oct. I believe.

Well one of your members or you, blocked me form the facebook page because I suggested a calender and a better system to notify people of range happening so how would I know?

Also October is 8 months away........

fucking pricks

I felt I was being professional and constructively critical.... my comments were in response to someone being told to PM a stranger on facebook to get onto the mailing list because the range isn't always open the same schedule every week.... i get weather happens and muddy roads/etc but this felt really weird for a "public" range.

There was also one of the RSO on the facebook group posting "USE IT OR LOOSE IT" as a response to I guess not enough people showing up to justify is time being there....?

Seems like a really nice facility but from a organizational POV a bit confusing. My local range has a weird schedule to but they always just post a calender when the range is open/what is happening. And anyone can check that and know when to show up.

I felt I was being professional and constructively critical.... my comments were in response to someone being told to PM a stranger on facebook to get onto the mailing list because the range isn't always open the same schedule every week.... i get weather happens and muddy roads/etc but this felt really weird for a "public" range.

There was also one of the RSO on the facebook group posting "USE IT OR LOOSE IT" as a response to I guess not enough people showing up to justify is time being there....?

Seems like a really nice facility but from a organizational POV a bit confusing. My local range has a weird schedule to but they always just post a calender when the range is open/what is happening. And anyone can check that and know when to show up.
Fuck that place

Fuck that place

Overreact much?

This is one guys bad Yelp review.

I've talked to the guy that runs the place. Its complicated to say the least. Lack of volunteer RSOs, sharing the property, and no solid schedule being the main issues.

I've been trying to get out there for months but my schedule requires open weekends to which I basically have 2 a month for travel shooting. One I'm trying to dedicate to Avenal matches. Hopefully some day the stars will align and I'll make it down. Looks like a great place to shoot.

Reactions: KOani83
Well one of your members or you, blocked me form the facebook page because I suggested a calender and a better system to notify people of range happening so how would I know?

Wasn’t me that blocked you, I’m not admin.

Overreact much?

I've talked to the guy that runs the place. Its complicated to say the least. Lack of volunteer RSOs, sharing the property, and no solid schedule being the main issues.

I've been trying to get out there for months but my schedule requires open weekends to which I basically have 2 a month for travel shooting. One I'm trying to dedicate to Avenal matches. Hopefully some day the stars will align and I'll make it down. Looks like a great place to shoot.

I mean it's a chicken and egg problem. Ranges are hard to run, at the same time if you expect attendance (and money to fund the place) you have to provide some kinda level of service and convenience to the general public.

Like i said seems like a great facility, but the way it's being run I am gonna pass on dedicating the time to go to it.

I am in Socal and we drive up for the Avenal matches when we can, they are a lot of fun.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
I mean it's a chicken and egg problem. Ranges are hard to run, at the same time if you expect attendance (and money to fund the place) you have to provide some kinda level of service and convenience to the general public.

Like i said seems like a great facility, but the way it's being run I am gonna pass on dedicating the time to go to it.

I am in Socal and we drive up for the Avenal matches when we can, they are a lot of fun.

I agree you have to build it before the will come.

Overreact much?

Trying to clear my schedule to make the National in Avenal next month. Definitely want to do a Sunday local match one of these days there also.

I sent an email through the website but never heard back from anyone. Who do I contact to sign up for my membership? I’m a member of slosa already. Please feel free to pm me.

I sent an email through the website but never heard back from anyone. Who do I contact to sign up for my membership? I’m a member of slosa already. Please feel free to pm me.

I would go ping them on Facebook.

Ya, I hear you. I'd be pissed to as I would be coming up from Thousand Oaks area (2.5-3hr drive to range) to find it closed. A calendar would be great or at least a not set in stone calendar with a phone number to call ahead of time.