• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Plot sheets with a mil-based grid

memilanuk

F'ing nuke
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2002
    East Wenatchee WA
    So... got in a FFP mil-mil scope yesterday, and took it to the range today. It occurred to me that 1/10 mil (0.36 moa) clicks are kind of coarse for a target with a 0.50 moa X-ring. It also occurred to me that all my plot sheets are in MOA, none at all in mils. Does anyone know of a plot sheet done with a mil-based grid overlay, or would anyone be interested in one if there isn't already one? I don't plan on making this my primary F-Class setup, not a chance, but I figure it would be good practice to shoot my 'practical' rifle in an F-Class match now and again.

Re: Plot sheets with a mil-based grid

Ummm... I was talking about F-Class plot sheets... being as this is the F-Class sub-forum and all
    wink.gif

Something like these:

http://www.desertsharpshooters.com/plotsheet.html

...but with a mil grid instead of moa.

FWIW, I do something similar to the Horus setup - but with a sheet of butcher paper, a 4' construction level and a sharpie. Way cheaper in the long run
    smile.gif

Sorry, the not looking at the sub forum tab has got me more than once.

Also I plead ignorant of F class stuff.

LL,

I just may do that... but I think I'll give it a stab myself first. I find plotting shots a lot easier on a full-size (8.5x11") sheet. Of course, if I could just keep more of 'em in the X/10-ring that wouldn't be such a problem...
    wink.gif

Monte

Monte, I think I have some here. I'll look in my books, and get back to this later today. On the way out, here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find plotting shots a lot easier on a full-size (8.5x11") sheet. Of course, <span style="font-weight: bold">if I could just keep more of 'em in the X/10-ring that wouldn't be such a problem</span>...
    wink.gif

Monte </div></div>

I heard that

Okay... its still kind of a work in progress, but I've had a gut-full of working in LibreOffice for now.

F-Class Plot sheets

It was definitely an eye-opener, seeing how the 1/10 mil clicks line up (or not) with an inch/moa based target. Took me a couple tries to get the gridding right due to my brain still being stuck in moa...

Now you can kill the mil dimension circles, and you'll have a mil dimension grid over your MOA target. Leaving the mil circles in there makes it a bit on the busy side.

yeah... they were in there originally to get the spacing figured out, left them for the time being for a visual comparison against the inch/moa scoring rings. I guess nobody really talks about 1/10 mil 'groups' so the use may be limited...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess nobody really talks about 1/10 mil 'groups' so the use may be limited... </div></div>

LOL

Okay... updated it. Second sheet is sans the mil circles, added a grey x-ring-tall band across the target.