• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PLRF-25C

ChrisF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2002
New Zealand
Just be aware that their is more than one model in this range , and I take it the std model is 1m waterproof & uses a cable / cord to connect to PDAs etc for data .

Its the optioned model that has 10m waterproof & blue tooth & not the std one .

So make sure you order the correct one , bluetooth is about 10% dearer .

Later Chris

Re: PLRF-25C

Chris,..Have you received a PLRF25C?? Can you give us pics + a detailed write up on it??

Is it a real improvement on the 15C and who much extra does it come in at??

Hi Emouse , chrisf just left my place having had a fine dinner with me and said he had made a purchase of the Terrapin .Chris did this due to getting anything out of the States with a millatary bent on it is nigh impossible and the Vectoronixs want us to use the NZ importers who absolutaley cane us with their crazy prices .Regards

What Brian said ,

At some stage I will try and get a mil spec Vectronix , if possible , had one in the US but due to the wankers , could not legally get it out of US .

But at the moment will run a cheap Terrapin .

Price on the 25C is around 7.8 & 8.8k USD for the 2 models .

Go to their website for for info etc .

Later Chris

The 25C is intriguing, no doubt, but hard to justify compared to the older models in civie circles. That said, I can't deny how cool it would be to mount one on a Spotter 60's rails to have a mil-grade LRF slaved to a spotting scope. Oooh, shivers
smile.gif

That is my inteended setup, I already have the 60, now I'm saving for the 25c with bluetooth.

But it will take me at least six months......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mercer2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is my inteended setup, I already have the 60, now I'm saving for the 25c with bluetooth.

But it will take me at least six months...... </div></div>selling the family jewels......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 25C is intriguing, no doubt, but hard to justify compared to the older models in civie circles. That said, I can't deny how cool it would be to mount one on a Spotter 60's rails to have a mil-grade LRF slaved to a spotting scope. Oooh, shivers
smile.gif
</div></div>
smile.gif

The question is - whether 25C being rated at longer ranges, would be more accurate at shorter distances (that are in the "middle" of its capabilities) and on smaller targets than the other units rated at shorter ranges?

Mouse, I doubt the 25C would be any more accurate. I think the main difference would be in using a more expensive higher output laser, and to keep it eye-safe, it has to pulse very quickly off/on/off... and that costs alot in electronics to get lasers to do that, esp for Time of flight systems like these LRFs.

But as far as timing itself, I bet they all use the same circuits and therefore have the same basic accuracy.

In a perfect world, the PLRF25C and the Kestrel 4500 communicating with a Trimble Nomad running FFS via Blue Tooth. Think of how much money you'll save on cables... LOL

That's what I'm saving for.... Unless my wife kills me first....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrivera</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a perfect world, the PLRF25C and the Kestrel 4500 communicating with a Trimble Nomad running FFS via Blue Tooth. Think of how much money you'll save on cables... LOL

That's what I'm saving for.... Unless my wife kills me first....</div></div>
Yes you'll save on the cables - but spend a fortune on the Bluetooth option.
wink.gif

On the other hand, this is the most capable PLRF unit.

cali_tz, it appears from the specs and grape vine feedback that 25C indeed outperforms 10C on small targets, i.e. detects & ranges them reliably at farther distances.

I really hate the fact that you can't take it out of the country... I was hoping to use it for hunting as well....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 25C is intriguing, no doubt, but hard to justify compared to the older models in civie circles. That said, I can't deny how cool it would be to mount one on a Spotter 60's rails to have a mil-grade LRF slaved to a spotting scope. Oooh, shivers
smile.gif
</div></div>

Does the 10C or 25C's come with a pica rail interface or is it an aftermarket mount that needs to be purchased to mate the two together? Any insight you can share is appreciated!

SCL