• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF Minuteman .308 - cheap, any good?

LX200

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2014
Allentown, Pa.
New here, I hope it's OK to mention a dealer... I have a SCAR 17 and an LWRC REPR... was not necessarily in the market for another... But I found out that Tanners in Pa. Has POF Minuteman .308 for $1399 !!

Egads, I thought these normally sold for like $2300. Are the reliability issues and crap customer service of POF a bad rap, or cleared up, or exaggerated. This just seems like a heck of a deal.

Oh ya, it appears to be a Gen 3 model.

Ive had my POF P308 for 2 years now. Its a laser, well made and hasnt had a single issue. My few interactions with customer service has been excellent. I called to inquire about what buffer/spring combo they recommended when adding a UBR and Cody sent me a spring and buffer because he wanted the gun to run correctly.

Ive read thr horror stories but I havent experienced them myself over the past 2 years.

$1399? Buy it! You can barely get a no name brand in .308 for that price. Is it new?

You cant buy a new P308 upper or POF 5.56 for that price.

Where they at? Ill take another one at that price....

I checked with Tanners Sporting Goods... and what you see is what it is... a FANTASTIC DEAL!! I don't have the funds to entertain this deal, but here it is.

DK

Directly from the Tanners Facebook page:

WOW Deal of the Year

$1399

MSRP is $3319

POF Minuteman 308 semi

We have 320 coming in sometime next week.

We can ship for $40

NOT NJ Compliant

30 day layaway with a $250 NON Refundable Deposit.

We are not taking credit cards over the phone for deposits. If you would like to stop in before the guns come in you can leave a deposit. If we are shipping you can call in with a credit card payment and we will not process it until the guns come in and we will be sure to have a gun on hold for you when they come in.

POF Patriot With Special Engravings .308 Winchester 16.5 Inch Barrel Tungsten Cerakote Finish Modular Rail CTR Stock 30 Round - AcuSport Exclusive
Patriot 308
Limited run P308 with special engravings on receiver and dust cover. Engraving includes "American Patriots" and "One of 500" under patriot and flag; and "Defending the Homeland Since 1775.....Will You?". Features chrome-moly vanadium alloy barrel with 5R polygonal right hand 1x10 twist. Gas piston operated. 2-position gas plug. Modular railed receiver, aircraft aluminum alloy construction. A3 flattop upper receiver. Oversized trigger guard. Tactical Integrated Trigger System. Ambidextrous magazine release. Magpul MOE grip and CTR buttstock. Tungsten Cerakote finish. AcuSport Exclusive!

Thats a damn good deal for that rifle. I have zero complaints with mine. While its a bit of a custom rig, it started out - and it fundamentally still is - a tried and true POF. Id say grab that up lickety split! There's a LOT you can do to these rifles to make them damn near flawless...
IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

Last edited:
POF Minuteman .308 - cheap, any good?

Is tanners a pretty reputable shop? I'm not in PA and haven't heard of them.

Buds had them instock for 1600. I wonder if these are the same as the P308s or are more of a budget line of POF's.

I've always been told if it sounds too good to be true it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
At first i thought these might be mistaken for the shitty Puritan rifles POF came out with not long ago. But these are legit. Same thing as a factory 16.5" P308 but you get what is in my opinion the better of their two rails and a free Sniper Grey cerakote job. All at $1k less than the rest of us paid. Thats a damn good deal right there. Im actually a little bit pissed the fuck off right now

I will admit that I don't know anything about POF, but this deal does intrigue me since they have decent reviews. I've been considering a Ruger SR762 or Sig 716 rifle just for plinking (where extreme accuracy is not necessary). Do you guys think the POF Minuteman would be the better buy? Just concerned about the cheap price, makes me think something's up.

I would speculate that it's because POF is about to start shipping their Gen4 308 lowers and - as rumor has it - i hear that the new rail that will be shipping with the Gen4s will be very keymoddy. Just a rumor, thats all.

I was going to share this as well.
The vendor is a stand up guy and sells a ridiculous amount of firearms due in part to his low margins.

Is the Gen 3 vs 4 difference (fluted chamber / dual extractor) significant? Did POF have issues with extraction on Gen 3?

No. It's just an evolution to add to much more reliable extraction. No problem with earlier Gens.

Tanners is GTG, they used to be a huge pusher of FN products. Bought a bunch of FN SPR's from them 8-10 years ago.

They are a huge outfit, or atleast were before Buds blew up the scene.

I will admit that I don't know anything about POF, but this deal does intrigue me since they have decent reviews. I've been considering a Ruger SR762 or Sig 716 rifle just for plinking (where extreme accuracy is not necessary). Do you guys think the POF Minuteman would be the better buy? Just concerned about the cheap price, makes me think something's up.

You can get a PSA-10 for around $1000, or build one for less....If you need a cheap AR10 fix.

I wonder if the new POF gen 4 is going to be smaller and lighter like the DPMS gen 2. That is the only thing I can see changing other than the rail or stock.

There are also significant design changes to the lower. Its essentially a full ambi lower using a pretty unique layout of the operating controls.
e499811774ee3b2e4a676775a03767c9.jpg

I think you can call and they won't charge your CC until they ship. At least that's what I understood. I am going to call them tomorrow and get the low down.

I reserved mine today. You had to mention it was on facebook to get it for 1399. Plus 40 shipping.

I told him it was mentioned on the hide and then I worked my way back to their facebook page.

He seemed pretty impressed we were talking about it here.

Last edited:
Mine are .5 MOA rifles. I have 2. Now their resale is crap, but they have been super. I had to polish the chamber in one because it was sticky from the nitride salts leaching during storage before the sale. Flitz, a shotgun brush, a milspec cleaning rod and drill for the rod.

The only issues are the 2 front top rail screws which need to stay tuned.

I had my 14.5" POF out to the 1000yd range yesterday testing out my new hand loads.

I was consistenly banging a 12" steel plate at 800 yds and hit the 24" gong at 1000 first try.

There is some false information floating out there. These were bought through a distributor who is selling their inventory. This is almost certainly at well below cost. This is the best 308 semi auto on the market. For verification read the after action report of the San Bernadino's Sheriffs Dept. Glock like reliability, very accurate

Yes, it's new, and they have dozens of them in stock. They made a huge buy from POF.

There is no comparison. This is a premium rifle that Tanners got at an opportunity price. Far better than LWRC REPR

I won a gen 3 and gen 4. Gen 4 comes with some ambi features which don't matter to me but does have the E2 technology which you can get put in by POF. Revolutionary extraction modification that many other companies will begin to use.

who the barrel maker for POF? if a person wanted to switch calibers is that possible to get a barrel from somewhere? dont see them listed on pof site

Yes, POF will rebarrel your gun with another Rock Creek for just over $500 which includes a new gas block. GAP will rebarrel your gun with a Bartlien barrel as well but they require a gas system change.

Just ordered mine, albeit with a slight price increase of $1499. Still one of the best deals around and beats nearest competitors price of $1,640 (they are out of stock anyway). Plan on swapping out the barrel to a 6.5 creedmoore. This is my first AR-10 platform and I am anxious to give it a run.

Did you mention you saw the deal on Facebook? Someone else mentioned thats what you have to do to get the $1399 pricing.

sorry, but I'm not familiar too familiar with POF's products. Is the minuteman a scaled down .308, like the base DPMS .308 model?

The minuteman is the standard 16" 308 with a Tungsten Gray Cerakote and special laser engraving. Other than those cosmetic differences its the same gun

Did you mention you saw the deal on Facebook? Someone else mentioned thats what you have to do to get the $1399 pricing.

Yes, i mentioned the facebook deal but they said they only had a limited number available under that special.

Yes, i mentioned the facebook deal but they said they only had a limited number available under that special.

I was told the same thing when I asked about the Facebook price of $1399

We allocated the guns in thirds. Prices were $1399, $1499, and $1599 as the thirds sell the price goes up to the next amount. We did this so we can sell a bunch of the rifles quick. We did not think we would sell the first third so quick. We are almost out of the 2nd third so the price will go up to the $1599 once the 2nd third is sold out.

So my rifle arrives tomorrow and i am already wanting to tinker. I found a used 20 inch 6.5 creedmoor POF for about a grand (claims to have 200 rounds through it). Is it worth trying to get the upper and swapping it out? Have had it on my mind to get a 6.5 but wanted to get opiniins as the tinkering gets expensive.