• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

POF MRR 308 ..please share your experiences

turbohardtop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Austin, TX
Thos who own a POF 308 MRR please share your experiences. I have search and found some thread back in '09 that there were problems on this platform and was wondering if this is still problematic. Thanks in advance.

Re: POF MRR 308 ..please share your experiences

Use the Google SH search found in the link below and you'll uncover a whole load of more recent threads on the POF P-308 rifles/carbines. In short, they are highly regarded, accurate, dependable rifles that are manufactured by a great company who knows how to take care of customers! I have nearly 3k flawless rounds through my 20" SPR now and it is my go-to .308 semi-auto!!

SH Google Search Engine

Try searching snipershide with this:
The good snipershide search

You will find much more than some thread from 09 about someone having an issue.

They are great guns, but I'm a little biased.

Reliable enough there's one AZ PD that traded all their 24" Armalite AR10's in on POFs for their snipers.......

Don't know what problem you referred to in 09, but I just got a new POF 308 in 20" barrel, built by ScottMilk9. It looks great. but more importantly, it is's awesome. It runs flawlessly with manufactured ammo. I had a small hiccup but my "special" load for it. Scott did some minor adjustment on the gas tube and it has been functioning flawlessly. It's very accurate for a gas gun. I am still getting comfortable behind a gas gun, since I am mostly a bolt guy. It's capable of sub-MOA with the right ammo easily. I like it so much that I am thinking about a 223 now. You won't be disappointed with it.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to POF, or Scott. Just a very satisfied customer that's all.

Runs flawless, sub-moa. Very happy I went with POF!

I was even told by someone at HK USA that they tried to convince HK Germany to use the POF roller cam pin in the HK.

You won't be disappointed with the POF!

j9ag7k.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbohardtop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow, very nice set up. Is that a 20" version? </div></div>

Thank you and yes.

My avatar's a little small so maybe you can make this out better:

utah65truck.jpg

Is that the Creedmoor?

Do you have to crank up that PRS to line up to the scope?

I have the DPMS and the scope obviously sits lower with the different design. Wondering how big of a pain that is.

Oh no! The damned thing eats your hand! Better sell that dangerous, evil black rifle in 308 to me for 300 so I can make sure it is made safe and properly disposed of.

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love mine. Great rifles and a great company to deal with.
</div></div>

+1

I recently purchased a 20"er. Great rifle. I dropped a Triji 5x20 on it, a Harris pod, grabbed some 168 GMM, and it's been shooting MOA ever since. I'm no shooter, it's the gun. The people at POF are top notch to deal with. I'm very pleased with my purchase. I look forward to working up a load for it.