• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes POI change with NF scopes

mitchellchandler_au

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2008
Hi all,

Had an interesting experience last week with my NF 5.5-22. After putting 2 shots on the POI the next shot missed the 4x4 foot frame at 300 yards, thinking the mount had come loose I pulled it down and cleaned/loctited it and rechecked the scope. The scope had moved 10MOA up and 7 left from its original zero.
Just wondering if you guys had any similar issues with your NF scopes.

Thanks,

Re: POI change with NF scopes

I've never had any trouble with any of my NF scopes (9 total through the years) shifting zero with one exception. I had a 5.5x22 on a TRG-42 338lm. The rear scope ring came loose which allowed the scope to beat itself up internally. Was your mount loose? If yes, then mystery solved. If no, I'm not surprised that after removing, cleaning, and relaying a base floated in loctite that your POI changed if that is what you are saying happened. Did you use a torque wrench when you set it up in the first place? Did you torque to the exact same spec when you set it all back up? Did you use the same amount of loctite both times? I guess the real question, after putting back on and zeroing, is the POI shifting?

why would you locktite anything but the base???
hopefully that is what you did

put the scope on another rifle and see if it shoots

Thanks for the replys, the mounts are lynx type with the peg in the base and locking screws in the ring. Originally the base wasnt glued down but i have never had a problem either, now the base only is glued. I have this type of mount on all my target rifles and have never had an issue before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mitchellc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the replys, the mounts are lynx type with the peg in the base and locking screws in the ring. Originally the base wasnt glued down but i have never had a problem either, now the base only is glued. I have this type of mount on all my target rifles and have never had an issue before. </div></div>
Do you mean you just glued the base onto the rifle without any type of screw?

Talked to NF today, thay want the scope back to check it out to repair/replace at no charge to me. Gotta love the service.

yup, Nightforce is a company that produces a quality product and understands that their customers expect nothing less.