• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Police brutality?

spiralseal

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2008
Central, NJ
Or is it getting what they deserve, GO PD!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m9sCmS6Wr-k"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m9sCmS6Wr-k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Police brutality?

I see resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer. Where's the taser?

I see PO that needs

1 a bit of situation awarness

2 perhaps some better grasp of taking down agressors, read training

3 bigger balls, the fist is not the correct weapon

still we are here and he, cause it is a he right, was there so as long as he is alright and unharmed that is what matters.

Best regards Chris

looks like resisting arrest and assault on an officer but without seeing what happened prior or how they ended up where that video started it's hard to pass any judgment. It looks like he was too lenient to begin with and it got him into trouble.

It's a good thing the rest of the crowd wasn't really hostile. He struggled around too long with the woman. IMHO the take down lasted too long and he ended up being exposed to the rest of the crowd.

That situation could have went very wrong for the LEO. Not judging him at all because film is only small portion of all circumstances.

But arrests as such need to be done as swiftly as possible and subject removed from the hostile environment quickly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a good thing the rest of the crowd wasn't really hostile. He struggled around too long with the woman. IMHO the take down lasted too long and he ended up being exposed to the rest of the crowd.

That situation could have went very wrong for the LEO. Not judging him at all because film is only small portion of all circumstances.

But arrests as such need to be done as swiftly as possible and subject removed from the hostile environment quickly.

</div></div>

You are correct, arrest should have been quicker, he should have called it in asap,it seems that he did not want to hard arm bar her, but I was not there, this could be used for training in the future.

All I have to say is I appreciate what all you LEO's go through. Not sure I would last long on the job.

I would agree that it could very well be used as training video. Tactically ours and most other departments would have frowned upon the punch thrown!!, especially it being a female subject, and approached the take down differently.

BUT when you are alone and people are in your face and putting their hands on you, survival instincts prevail, and training or lack of goes out of the window in most cases.

In viewing the video I automatically see the exposure of one or more of the other subjects jumping the officer and getting to his weapon. That is why the take down needed to be swift and movement of female subject out of hostile area was imperative!!

I believe given the same scenario again the officer would probably do it a little differently!!

Don't be too quick to judge, envision yourself being in that position.

gotta agree with most comments, its easy to stand back and say he was in the wrong, or he was right, but it would have been interesting to see how the situation formed up. sadly the portion of the video that is shown is rather negative for the LEO, and hopefully he doesnt get too much shit over it. its a hard job that not many people want to do, maybe he shoulda tazed her for resisting arrest, its probably more in line with proper procedure than a punch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would agree that it could very well be used as training video. Tactically ours and most other departments would have frowned upon the punch thrown!!, especially it being a female subject, and approached the take down differently.

BUT when you are alone and people are in your face and putting their hands on you, survival instincts prevail, and training or lack of goes out of the window in most cases.

In viewing the video I automatically see the exposure of one or more of the other subjects jumping the officer and getting to his weapon. That is why the take down needed to be swift and movement of female subject out of hostile area was imperative!!

I believe given the same scenario again the officer would probably do it a little differently!!

Don't be too quick to judge, envision yourself being in that position. </div></div>

I agree wholeheartedly, we were not in the situation our selves, what I meant as a training vid to show others how not to expose yourself for too long, control of the situation. It is a tough thing to learn, and also tougher to do the job, Stay Safe!

I'm surprised the PO did not take her down to the ground sooner. He needs to take command and just slam her and cuff her.

Curious though, if a LEO in a commission of their supposed duty, swings on a civilian that is a bystander, at what point does a civilian have the right to defend one self ?

i.e. at approx 1:19 there is a guy in a black shirt that is merely watching. However note that he is behind the officer. If the officer were to swing on him, how would that be construed ?

I guess it all depends on how the report is written, but with video it makes it harder

Padron in no way is an LEO supposed to swing on a bystander, unless that bystander becomes part of the threat. Agreed that dispatching subject sooner was advantageous for sure.

Spiral I agreed wholeheartedly with you about the video and training. That officer and others would see how potentially dangerous that scenario could have become.

With that many people standing around, I wouldn't have went to the ground, that would just put you in a situation to where you are more prone to something happening.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swedish guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see PO that needs

1 a bit of situation awarness

2 perhaps some better grasp of taking down agressors, read training

3 bigger balls, the fist is not the correct weapon

still we are here and he, cause it is a he right, was there so as long as he is alright and unharmed that is what matters.

Best regards Chris </div></div>

Agreed with that, especially in that part of town. You don't want to go TOO crazy though or that crowd will be ON you.

H needed more backup, period.

Our local PD wolfpacks everything, leave an officer to do paperwork and on to the next call - 6 cops will be there if you call..

Could a bystander have aided the officer in detaining the woman? I sure as hell would've helped out the struggling officer.

HD that could get real sticky unless the officer was in imminent danger. Although the officer in most cases would appreciate the help if he was losing control of the situation, If it were me I'd tell you "thank you" but I'm OK, don't get yourself involved.

Although things drug along a little too long for my taste, I didn't detect that he had lost control or was immediately in danger. However things could have gotten out of hand very quickly there. I think things turned out very favorably considering the potential danger the officer could have been in.

watching this video and listening to these people calling each other nigger.wtf????they call each other niggers an even call us white folks niggers.why is it racsist if i were to call a black person a nigger?shoot all those worthless ass people an put`em out of my misery

Dagsta - totally understand yer point of view...just scares me to see the mob surrounding the cop...would hate to see them wrestle him to the ground and pull his gun on him. That situation, imho, could have went waay worse.

redrider308 - It's a shame for sure. It doesn't help them state their case at all.

Failure to obey a lawful command from a uniformed officer. Subject resisted physical restraint; call for assist: gain distance go to other tools; OC spray; ASP/Baton........

Should have smacked her till resistance stopped...or maybe apply a choke hold.

I read somewhere else that the "lady", a term I use VERY loosely in conntext, has prior arrests - one for kicking another officer in the stomach.

Ok.....I couldn't have been the only person to catch this....

WTF is the blonde hair, blue eyed, white chick doing there? Other than the officer, she looks like she's the only caucasion person within a mile!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dhutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok.....I couldn't have been the only person to catch this....

WTF is the blonde hair, blue eyed, white chick doing there? Other than the officer, she looks like she's the only caucasion person within a mile! </div></div>

I also am guilty. I was stationed at Ft. Polk and as soon as I saw the crowd several thoughts ran through my mind...

Step 1:
Take her down. Hard.

Step 2:
Take her friend down. Hard.

Step 3:
Find their parents and put them in jail for 30 days for failing to properly raise their children.

This PC crap is going to be the ruin of this country, assuming it is not already beyond repair.

If I had done more than say "Yessir" to that cop, for just doing his job (They were jaywalking, and would have probably gotten a warning if not for the attitude) my mother would have beat my ass, and when my dad got home, he would have whooped me within an inch of my life.

There are a lot of examples of cops abusing their authority. They are all over You Tube. This, however was not one.

I don't have the restraint to be a cop. I would have just shot them both. In a crowd like that, alone, and the way this country is racially charged over the littlest thing, I would be in fear of my life in that situation.

I am surprised that he didn't take her down quickly and put his knee in her back as he called for back-up and tried to control the growing crowd. I can see why he punched the lady as she tried to get involved when she should have stayed out of it. I can only imagine when this will get to some lawyer trying to make a name for him/herself gets involved and sues the city. She should have been tazed.

I'm not a cop, so I don't really have the experience or right to pass judgement on what went on, that being said, I'd have punched the bitch in the face too. I might not have LEO experience, but I do know that no good can come out of laying hands on an officer trying to make an arrest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not a cop, so I don't really have the experience or right to pass judgement on what went on, that being said, I'd have punched the bitch in the face too. I might not have LEO experience, but I do know that no good can come out of laying hands on an officer trying to make an arrest. </div></div>

Yeah, she pretty much bought that punch to the face. An officer doesn't have the luxery of standing back and looking at a situation like that and pondering what to do.

It's an act, and act now situation. Things go downhill fast and the quicker you resolve the situation, the better. Especially with that many people around, they all tend to get rowdy because the cops are stopping their friends. Next thing you know, one cop is being mobbed by 20 people and he doesn't have a chance.

Don't show weakness and don't let someone push you around, man or woman acting like a man.

If you look at around 1:30 in the YouTube video above there is a guy in a black leather jacket with a revolver (lower left corner of the screen).

Kind of interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PBinWA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you look at around 1:30 in the YouTube video above there is a guy in a black leather jacket with a revolver (lower left corner of the screen).

Kind of interesting. </div></div>

I'm pretty sure he's the one that said "you are under arrest" too. I'm thinking either plain clothes or off duty.

I love the fact that the cameraman is so shocked at the punch, but totally OK with complete lack of respect for law and order... Hypocrisy thrives.

All men are taught not to hit women from an early age. Now when a woman starts to fight with LEO something tells you, be easy it just a woman, so you let things go too far. One of my fist DI's was a woman and told me to get over that shit long ago because a woman will kill you just as dean as a man. She said there are two kinds of individual when you are in uniform, innocent law abiding citizens, and violators. If you are trying to arrest a violator and everything is fine, be as respectful as possible but if they resist treat them equal, not female, not male just a resisting violator. I feel his trying to be gentle as long as he did, allowed the situation to escalate and the second bitch to get involved.

According to her record, she had priors, assault, and one of which included assulting a police officer (the woman who was on the recieving end of the fist of fury).

The original violation to the woman was J-Walking. To be honest, I would have resisted arrest for J-Walking.

Thats just me, but its also my opinion that my tax dollars should be going to a better purpose than telling me when I can walk accross the street that my other tax dollars helped build. My mommy told me how to cross the street, all that training should be applied more constructively, imo.

But also, this is the frustration of 3 parking tickets this week alone talking.

With all that said,
grin.gif
, the cop should have tased her asses immedietly upon resisting, and arrested both of them. I have yet to be tased, fortunately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Both of those bitches needed more slapping around and then slammed to the pavement. </div></div>
+1000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This PC crap is going to be the ruin of has ruined[/color] this country, assuming it is not already beyond repair.</div></div>

Too late.

First off, as an LEO in an urban environment, if you put your hands on me thats automatically aggravated assault on a police officer. From the video I see that he is being assault by BOTH females and one was attacking him from the back. IMHO she deserved that crap, if a male or female is a threat to me, Im going to take him or her out with the necessary force required to make the arrest and that includes punching someone in the face. A lot of guys I talked to about this incident say they wouldnt hit a female.........good luck with that mindset, hopefully you dont end up dead.

Whatever the reason for being arrested, resisting is never going to end well for you. They can 90% of the time out number you, in most cases the out arm you (atleast for the avg arrest) and they can quickly out number you. She was resisting, obviously.
The girl that jumped in and shoved the officer only made his job harder, People were closing around him. In my mind and what i believe is right, the officer did absolutely nothing wrong. She deserved what she got, woman or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Both of those bitches needed more slapping around and then slammed to the pavement. </div></div>

hit-that-3-times.jpg

I was raised to never strike a woman either, but there are circumstances in which it is necessary to use force on principle, without regard to age, race, gender, or any other social construct. Life and death situations are not the time or place for worrying about being PC.

I just watched the extended video as well as the local response. I think the full swing taken by the office was a poor reaction to a bad situation. However the real "bad judgement" taking place is the reaction from local afro-american leadership twisting the situation into some extreme act of police brutality while saying little more about the girls behavior then that they "dont condone" it. Yeah, their solidarity is great, but cut the PC crap and call it for what it is. One of the leaders said the police need to lead by example, which sounds like a bit of a double standard to me. Maybe they need to work on policing themselves a bit better and teaching their youth that resisting arrest might, I dunno, get you jacked in the face? How about teaching the kids that with most LEO's a little respect goes a long way? Maybe the cop had a chip on his shoulders and some racist tendencies, but why fuck with the bear when you could just walk away with a ticket and talk to the judge?
I've had african american friends tell me that behavior like this from them would have brought down the full wrath of their parents. I've taught at a public highschool that was very ethnically diverse and heard from parents that the civil rights movement wasnt intended as an excuse for their children to act this way. I've had 90% of my african american students express serious disgust when the other 10% act like the girls in this video. Why does it continue? The same reason it continues with assholes of any race. Because they are being taught that no matter how out of line their actions are, they have their own irresponsible parents and/or an army of PC community leaders ready to cast anybody who responds in anyway slightly short of angelic as the "bad guy" rendering their own stupid/ignorant/selfish actions forfeit. This encourages these assholes to "dare" teachers, LEO's, and common courteous folk to be sucked into altercations constantly. I saw plenty of this as a teacher and it has a lot to do with why I went back to the private sector and it has NOTHING to do with race.
I thought we were seeing more and more examples of how this behavior might be changing for the better, but this incident proves it is still very alive and well.
Ok, rant over.
I hope this post didnt cross over into an area that is "too political" for the site. I applaud Lowlight and his policy not to play accomplice to the polarization that is plaguing this country. This and the general level of maturity I have observed has led me to spend much more time over here then the "other" forum I used to frequent. Well, that and the general absence of zombie killing mall ninja's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt.Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was raised to never strike a woman either, but there are circumstances in which it is necessary to use force on principle, without regard to age, race, gender, or any other social construct. Life and death situations are not the time or place for worrying about being PC. </div></div>

Once 4 girls jumped my friends wife. Luckily she had 3 guys with her and each held back a girl while she defended herself. One of the guys was her brother in-law... ex army, upstanding family man I have known since we were 5. They girl he was trying to restrain kept scratching, biting and kicking at him. He finally turned her around and looked her straight in the eye and said "I'm not afraid to hit a girl" and it stopped her dead in her tracks.
The truth is he wouldn't hit a girl, but that was exactly what she was counting on.
His brother (my best friend) and I were at a bar once when were were in our early 20's. Some fairly cute girl came up to him and asked for a drink of his beer. He gave her one and as she held it in her hand after the sip she said "I have mono. " He took the bottle back and flipped her off while slamming it and walked away.
Play nice, take no shit. Simple really.

Fuck if i was there i would jump in and help the officer too. Well cop did the right thing. A win case for the officer.