• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pondering in the throne room

101stinfantry

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    AR
    As I was perched on the throne this morning, I got to wondering why the hell does the toilet paper roll have a 1.75"(or there abouts) card board tube, but the actual spindle it goes on is only about .75"? What the fuck? If the tube gets smashed out of round, then it's all out balance, and ca-clunks around when you pull the paper off it. I know there are more pressing issues in the world, but this one has me stumped. Tolerances are way too loose on these things.

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
    Not a problem for everyone.

;)

Attachments

• 84DD9392-756E-4425-8A6A-769E0C4F615C.jpeg
      84DD9392-756E-4425-8A6A-769E0C4F615C.jpeg
      450 KB · Views: 59
    • E1CA8408-3785-4919-8E13-6704EF701F69.jpeg
      E1CA8408-3785-4919-8E13-6704EF701F69.jpeg
      327.1 KB · Views: 56
    As I was perched on the throne this morning, I got to wondering why the hell does the toilet paper roll have a 1.75"(or there abouts) card board tube, but the actual spindle it goes on is only about .75"? What the fuck? If the tube gets smashed out of round, then it's all out balance, and ca-clunks around when you pull the paper off it. I know there are more pressing issues in the world, but this one has me stumped. Tolerances are way too loose on these things.

Because the vast majority of society is way too fucking stupid to be able to successfully put a 1.75", slightly out of round roll onto a 1.5" spindle. I've worked on the equipment in paper mills that make TP. The bigger question is; Why is it that the rolls come off the machine perfectly round, yet they come off the store shelves all pretzeled to shit ? Give up ? Same segment of society mentioned above. :rolleyes: :mad:

Don't get me started on the consistency of the perforations for each sheet. :mad:

The 'core' used to be smaller. The thing is, the marketers decided that if they make the cores larger, then the roll looks larger when sitting on the shelf at the store. So people think they're getting 'more'.

They're charged more for it, but they're getting the same (or less) and walk away happy.

sounds like you need to treat yourself to that extra special triple ply quilted tp with lotion lol .

The 'core' used to be smaller. The thing is, the marketers decided that if they make the cores larger, then the roll looks larger when sitting on the shelf at the store. So people think they're getting 'more'.

They're charged more for it, but they're getting the same (or less) and walk away happy.

Kinda like the dog food people, at first it was a 50lb bag, then 42, 36, 32, etc. Price never went down though, if anything it went up!

While we are on the subject of pondering in the throne room, window lickers, and empty rolls....

When someone finishes off a roll and leaves a tube, is it because

A: Luck was on their side and it happened to be exactly what they needed

B: They see a few sheets left and use em up because they are an asshole

C: They just say fuck it that’s good enough and leave with a dirty ass

Last edited:
    While we are on the subject of pondering in the throne room, window lickers, and empty rolls....

When someone finishes off a roll and leaves a tube, is it because luck was on their side and it happened to be exactly what they needed, they see a few sheets left and use em up because they are an asshole or they just say fuck it that’s good enough and leave with a dirty ass?

Never. Ever. Commit w/o making sure you have what you need!

Yep. And that is the same reason hotel soap is dished out and has cavities molded into it. It looks and feels like a more substantial bar than it is. Marketing and sales is all perception.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    Use your finger and you wont be troubled by all this deep thought.

Reactions: acudaowner
    You all just need to adopt a better method. When you get done doing your business, you take one square of TP and poke a finger through the center. You then use your finger to clean yourself off and then you clean the finger with the square of paper as you bring it back through the hole. 500 craps per roll.

What could go wrong?
    o_O
    :poop:
    (y)

• Haha
    Reactions: 12Bravo and Maggot
    You all just need to adopt a better method. When you get done doing your business, you take one square of TP and poke a finger through the center. You then use your finger to clean yourself off and then you clean the finger with the square of paper as you bring it back through the hole. 500 craps per roll.

What could go wrong?
    o_O
    :poop:
    (y)
    Been to the Soviet Union, have you ? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Barneybdb
    Ever find a roll completely UNrolled onto the floor? The larger tubes are a good cure for this. Just mash it out-of-round so that it will do the clunkety clunk eccentric rotation that pisses you off. At least it won't feed off the roll under it's own weight after you walk away.....

Have any of you been to a place that has a hole in the wall telling you to insert your fingers for cleaning by human lips after you wipe?

Don't believe it, there's a monkey on the other side with a hammer waiting to smash your fingers once inserted.

Pisses me off that they reduce the width to get more rolls from a long stock roll. Make it narrower.

Here I sit in misty vapors
    Some prick pissed on the toilet paper
    The time has come, I cannot linger
    Hang on ass here comes my finger
    That’s some funny there Bro! Probably the start of some ‘Here I sit posts’ So:
    Here I sit on this pooper giving birth to another Florida State Trooper!

• Haha
    Reactions: SWgeezer
    I have had 2 labradors that would get hold of a brand new roll by the end and run through the whole house.

Never could figure out how they did not break it.

• Haha
    Reactions: 12Bravo