• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Poor guy just bought a Rem 770 at Walmart

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
Almost had to have an intervention. Poor guy was getting a Remington 770 at Walmart tonight when I went to get some hunting bullets.

I've played with them an the actions feel like SHIT to me. Others may disagree but that's my opinion. I want to say it was like $469 he paid but I'm not sure.

Considering Cabela's just had R700 SPS rifles for $350, I hung my head in solemn silence and waited 15 minutes for him to do the paperwork before I could get my bullets and leave.

eek.gif

Re: Poor guy just bought a Rem 770 at Walmart

Sad part is the price difference between that and a 700 SPS is so negligable I can not for the life of me understand why anyone would purchase the 770. Its not just you, they really are shit. I watched a bolt stop snap off one before it made it through one box of ammo, and another that would not feed 3 out of 4 times the bolt was racked.

Why the hell would such a prestigious rifle maker make such a shit product is beyond me.

Any 700 SPS can get a new stock and easily do sub-moa. His money...

770 is a bigger number than 700 . . . so it must be better.

I always talk people out of them when they come in to Gander. Usually talk them into an axis instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">770 is a bigger number than 700 . . . so it must be better.

</div></div>

And everyone on the internet knows that the Remington 700 is not a safe rifle lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lefty06</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">770 is a bigger number than 700 . . . so it must be better.

</div></div>

And everyone on the internet knows that the Remington 700 is not a safe rifle lol. </div></div>

"safe rifle" it is funny you saay that. I had a guy ask me just the other day if my 700s were a safe rifles? I did not realize he was asking about safety so I answered why hell no they are not safe rifles I break them out and shoot them all. there are no safe queens at my house... He was lost. then I caught on. oh well.

had a gent to bring one to my house two different times.the first time I was able to really see just what kind of junk it was.went to the range and fired 10 rounds at 100.never did get it to group. ( really cheap scope )told him to get a better scope and we can try again.guess what he did.tried it again and it still gave me a 5 inch group at 100 with new scope.

after I took it back he said it was sold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Almost had to have an intervention. Poor guy was getting a Remington 770 at Walmart tonight when I went to get some hunting bullets.

I've played with them an the actions feel like SHIT to me. Others may disagree but that's my opinion. I want to say it was like $469 he paid but I'm not sure.

Considering Cabela's just had R700 SPS rifles for $350, I hung my head in solemn silence and waited 15 minutes for him to do the paperwork before I could get my bullets and leave.

eek.gif
</div></div>

Sir...It Is your DUTY to intervene!!!

And everyone on the internet knows that the Remington 700 is not a safe rifle lol. [/quote]

I asked to see a 700 at a gun counter the other day, and some guy behind me speaks out from about 25 feet behind me "you know those guns aren't safe, don't you". I acted like I didn't hear him, but he came closer and repeated louder. He begins to tell me about the news stories, ... After letting him talk about how evil he thought Remington is, I told him about RULE NUMBER ONE- always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, also never point the gun at something that you are not willing to kill. He seemed surprised but completely silenced by my response. He then just walked away quietly. Apparently the news stories only wanted to stir people up, and neglected to tell the viewers that death could possibly be avoided.

I know a guy who owns all safe rifles. He's hunted for years, left lead all over the
country and never killed anything. How much safer can you get.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigwheeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I know a guy who owns all safe rifles. He's hunted for years, left lead all over the
country and never killed anything. How much safer can you get. </div></div>

Never killed anything but left lead all over the country huh? So he's either a shit shot, or something else may be going on here LOL
laugh.gif

Those things are crap! Checked one out at a shop and when the salesman went to open the bolt it went half way and got stuck and wouldn't move no matter how soft or hard you pushed the thing! The o shit look on the salesman face was pricless and he just put it back stuck and all. Good thing remington put a little more care into my 700.