• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pork Sword chassis by Black Collar Arms

Here is a shorty 300 Blackout I built. It has a 3.5" barrel screwed into a Nucleus action that is sitting in an XLR Carbon chassis.
IMG_E4851.JPGIMG_E4846.JPGIMG_E4842.JPG

I called an asked and they did not have plans to make a version of their chassis that takes AR magazines. If they did I would buy one tomorrow.

Reactions: reubenski
I think a NV mount that attached to the FARend and wrapped around the barrel to give some rail space in front of a day optic would be a nice addition

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Here is a shorty 300 Blackout I built. It has a 3.5" barrel screwed into a Nucleus action that is sitting in an XLR Carbon chassis.

I called an asked and they did not have plans to make a version of their chassis that takes AR magazines. If they did I would buy one tomorrow.
Ha! That's awesome.

Yeah, because a normal Remington 700 action isn't capable of feeding from an AR mag we have designed around the AICS mag footprint. When we get to inlets for guns that do feed from AR mags like certain Rugers and/or Mossbergs and such then, yes, we're 100% always going to go for the highest capacity and most widely available option possible.

Maybe we'll be at a point where we can do an R700 chassis that takes AR mags for the handful of custom actions that are compatible with that, but we have to focus on other inlets with high demand first as we try to grow organically. Next up 10/22 then HOWA and Savage and others...

I think a NV mount that attached to the FARend and wrapped around the barrel to give some rail space in front of a day optic would be a nice addition
That very thing is in the works! Height adjustable because optic height on different R700s can vary quite a bit and you'll be able to move it forward and backward on the FARend to accommodate different day optic lengths as well.

Looks like an interesting set up for a remage in an XP100 style pistol. Looking forward to seeing what people do with them

Check out Black Collar Arms Instagram their starting to post customer builds.

Reactions: Jeeper48
Finally, someone making or atleast attempting to make one that can be built out.... I would like to see on in person and get a feel. I like making things the way I want them to fit me. Spending a ton to cut it apart sucks....

MPA, we talked about this!!! Better get on the ball!!!

Ordered a black anodized Pork Sword today

Learned a valuable lesson. Badger 0.313” recoil lug is too thick. Can’t get appropriate headspace. Headed to get a factory one from my Smith. Looks good tho lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 267
Reactions: AK4900PA
I'm assuming it's 300blk? What did the total weight come out to?

I already have a couple of blackouts, but the idea of a sub 8lb, 12.5" 6.5 Creedmoor with folding stock is really getting my gears turning.

Reactions: TheChief
Yessir, 9” 300blk. Headed to feed, will weigh it this evening and report back

Approximately 8.4 pounds without suppressor. 9.6 pounds with the surefire

Last edited:
Got an email today that a new stock with adjustable comb will be unveiled next week.

Reactions: Gjb89
Grip question. Are you guys able to comfortably float your thumb on the right side of the grip vs wrapping around with this chassis?

I want to see the details on this.

Skeletonized aluminum stock not unlike a couple others that have been around, but ours will have a normal rifle length of pull (not shorty PDW style size), offer an adjustable cheek rest, be more affordable, etc. Fixed or hinged. Hinge can be flipped to fold left or right. Lightweight and simple, plus rugged. Pics fairly soon... Still a week or so though for the first prototype and if everything goes smoothly production ones ready within a couple months.

Pork sword? Really? So these tweens haven’t grown up yet?
How did they get permission from their babysitter to build guns?

Well thank goodness they did because their concept is awesome, IG is fun and I know 3 friends that are buying them within the year! ;)

Reactions: Gjb89 and Who?Me?
Finally got it together
Peace and love......
Can’t wait to hit’em with the Pork Sword!

Last edited:
My recent experience with Black Collar Arms...
I recently ordered a 10.5” 300 Blk barrel from them. Like others on here I received an email from Jeeves stating my order had shipped. So began the daily check of the tracking number status. In less than a week I received the box in the mail. It was a Friday and that evening I eagerly grabbed my receiver and began to remove my barrel from the packaging. Upon inspection my little bubble of excitement burst. They had shipped a .308 instead of the 300 blk. The next evening I decided to reply to the email from Jeeves. My hope was they would open the email first thing Monday morning. I was planning then to deal with a tedious return process. In short order I received an email from Jeeves apologizing for the mix up. I received a second email Monday morning with a tracking number for the replacement barrel. Today I received my replacement along with a letter apologizing for the mix up and return postage for the .308.
To summarize the shipping mix up was fixed. My hair is still in place, bamboo was not shoved under my cuticles, and my first born remains at home.

BLACK COLLAR ARMS ROCKS!!

One of these would be a good start a folding stock: ...
Cool options for sure! Would be awesome to play around with combinations using those. We'll have our own folding stock option fairly soon but in the meantime (and after if those possibilities appeal to you more, of course) that opens up a lot more doors for rifle builds.

Finally got it together
Peace and love......
Can’t wait to hit’em with the Pork Sword!
Looks great!!! ?

@Black Collar Arms what's the timeline like on new inlet releases? I have a pair of Howa Minis just screaming for this chassis.
I saw that the mini was on the list, but how far down?
Can't say quite yet. We're bootstrapping this endeavor and, while we have quite a few inlets already engineered, it'll take some time before we can afford to go into production with them. Next is the 10/22 and after that likely the Howa 1500, and then the release order isn't quite locked down. There's Savage, Howa Mini, Tikka, and others plus R700 Long Action and lots of other accessory parts, etc. Now if 200 Howa Mini owners came to us with cash in hand and said "we want it now," that would change the organic growth situation haha. We could buy the aluminum and dedicate a machine to an effectively pre-sold production run without delay.

My recent experience with Black Collar Arms...

BLACK COLLAR ARMS ROCKS!!
Apologies again for the shipping mix-up! Glad we got it sorted out for you in an acceptable way, though. ? Looking forward to seeing what you build!

I got my chassis yesterday... hopefully, build pics will follow soon.

Attachments

• 20190719_222444.jpg
    20190719_222444.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Jeeper48
Been smacking 100yd steel behind the house offhand. Gotta bushhog so I can get out to the 200yd plates

Just wanted to give you guys an update on accuracy. Took the 9” 300blk Pork Sword out last Monday at my local range. Zero’d the subs on the Nikon P-300BLK 2-7x at 100 then at 200 yards kept a full mag in the center of a full IPSC silhouette using the holdover reticle. 300yd array only had a large 6’ square plate, but grouped well at approx 8”. My spotter was watching the rounds lob in at 300 yards like artillery ?. I hope everyone else is enjoying results like these. Love this little gun.

I'd like to know also, because that's what I'm building
I have only 20rds through mine which is a m24 Proof finished at 12.5”. I am now really considering SBRing it or finding a more stable brace, the SB Tactical 1913 brace is quite flimsy and kinda short for me at least. I believe it’s capable of better groups than the one I attached, but after sight in and shooting this group I put a 10/10 rounds on a 6” plate at 200yds with a 1mil holdover.

Anyone have any input on the 12.5 inch 308 accuracy?

Customers have reported (and we have seen ourselves) anywhere from .75 to 3 MOA with the KAK barrels we sell, regardless of length, depending on ammo, action, etc.

There appears to be enough variability in the factory actions that moving a barrel from one to the other will affect accuracy. Going with a higher quality action (to include a blueprinted factory one) is far more likely to guarantee you fall into the 1 MOA camp or better. The KAK barrels seem fully capable of this. Also how you set headspace may favor one ammo load at the expense of another.

If you go high-end there's no accuracy ceiling or anything and a short barrel can be every bit as accurate (potentially even more so due to increased stiffness) as a long barrel. For example we had Alamo Precision Rifles build us a few 10-inch .308 barreled actions and those are sub-half-minute guns all day long and likely sub-quarter-minute with the right ammo and shooter.

Zeroed the Pork Sword today.
My 165 gr SGK handloads made a nice tight group (under a MOA)
Subs grouped at around 1.5 MOA
/QUOTE]

Excellent! ? How did it shoot for you otherwise? Like how did it feel, sound, run, etc? Turn any heads (if there were any) on the range? ?

Attachments

• 20190721_162612-01.jpeg
    20190721_162612-01.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 20190721_154052-01.jpeg
    20190721_154052-01.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: TheChief
Private land/range. Cows liked it...
Felt really comfortable especially with the MPA grip. Only real improvement needed is some type of cheek piece.
Spent some time dinging steel standing with subs.

I bet we could print something up real nice for a cheekpiece. Anyone wanna let us borrow a chassis or at minimum the butt section and some measurements to the scope centerline?

Now that we have the “Pork Hilt” we need one with a round rear section that mimics a carbine buffer tube so that various braces can be attached. Keep the slim ladder design and adjustable cheek rest. Just the last 2-3” would work.

I got my 300blackout barreled action put in the Pork Sword. I haven't shot it in this configuration yet. I'm assuming it will work fine. I had an sba3 with a folder on my last setup that worked out really well. The chassis feels well made and all the accessories bolted on without issue. I'm not sure about the weaver tactical 2-10x36 though.

And please, don't be too harsh about the bipod. I wanted one that would could double as a wide forend. The utg bipod does feel pretty sturdy though. Atlas CAL is my "go-to" bipod for everything else.

Attachments

• 20190726_062059.jpg
    20190726_062059.jpg
    770.9 KB · Views: 285
  • 20190726_062144.jpg
    20190726_062144.jpg
    789.2 KB · Views: 253