• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pork Sword chassis by Black Collar Arms

Gjb89

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2017
Didn't see a thread for this new lightweight, minimalist chassis. $300 gets you a chassis for a R700 receiver, which doesn't include the farend (forend) or stock/brace. I am considering pre-ordering one and doing a 12", 6.8 SPC, SBR build. I think it would make a great rifle to carry when cruising around the lease.

Update: 02/02/21 Blackcollar Arms isn't making much headway on producing a stock. I would recommend checking out MDT and JTAC for a lightweight chassis as well.

Last edited:
It would be cool to use the Sig MPX side folder shown, I’ve always liked the slim profile.

$300 to start, plus your own stock, I mean that’s not too bad really. Have to put hands on one and see how it feels first.

It would be cool to use the Sig MPX side folder shown, I’ve always liked the slim profile.

$300 to start, plus your own stock, I mean that’s not too bad really. Have to put hands on one and see how it feels first.

Yea hopefully the stock they develop is cheaper then the MPX. I know they are intending to develop two, one like the one in the picture and one with an adjustable cheek rest and adjustable LOP.
https://blackcollararms.com/product-category/stocks/

Seemed to be pretty nicely done. If I recall correctly though, the design of the stock is still a work in progress. I just checked their website for updates and it looks like the brace is still all they have.

Reactions: John_in_WYO
Seemed to be pretty nicely done. If I recall correctly though, the design of the stock is still a work in progress. I just checked their website for updates and it looks like the brace is still all they have.

Yea from what I can gather the stock and forend are still being designed.

I looked this one over at the Silencerco booth at SHOT, looked pretty nice. Another similar chassis I saw at SHOT, although they are not selling it chassis only yet, is the one from gearheadworks (www.onepistol.com).
-

Thing is they don't sell the chassis separate . I Looked at the site and really like them , but I already have a 300bo barrel screwed-in in a 700 that I would like to saddle in one of them .
-

Interesting the price of the Pork Sword doesn't include a forend. Any word as to what they expect to charge for that bit? It doesn't seem like something you'd want to go without.

Interesting the price of the Pork Sword doesn't include a forend. Any word as to what they expect to charge for that bit? It doesn't seem like something you'd want to go without.
I agree, not sure why it was designed to be removable. Maybe to allow the end user to uprade to different forends with different mounting options. I messaged them and asked how much the forend would be and they said they were trying to keep it around $40.

Last edited:
I agree, not sure why it was designed to be removable. Maybe to leave allow the end user to uprade to different forends with different mounting options. I messaged them and asked they said they were trying to keep it around $40 for them.

Could be. Good to know the base forarm will be inexpensive.

Hey folks, thanks for the shout out! Popping in to answer questions.

The FARend (Forward Accessory Rod) is a separate piece for a few reasons:

• It isn't strictly necessary. A bipod or other accessory can be mounted to the Pic rails at the front of the chassis, and it handles surprisingly nicely cupping the front of the chassis with your hand. Though, yes, it's much nicer to be able to put a bipod farther (FARther ;) ) forwards out there so we do assume most chassis purchasers will want a FARend.
  • FARends will be available in multiple lengths and designs. At first we'll have three lengths (measured by how many M-LOK slots they have): 2-slot, 4-slot, and 6-slot. The ones in the photos are 4-slot length. In inches these come out to about 4", 8", and 12". We do not want it integral to the chassis because we want customers to be able to swap these around as they need and as we (and the rest of the aftermarket, hopefully!) possibly release other designs such as ARCA and Picatinny, etc.
  • Other adapters that will use the front Pic rail(s) on the chassis are being designed. For instance, one that will allow the use of an AR-10 handguard for folks who want a full-on handguard around the barrel. By doing a Pic rail on the front we hope to encourage other manufacturers to make accessories that are compatible with our chassis. And we're working on more ourselves, too.
FARends are available as an add-on to the chassis for $39.99. The chassis is on back order, but it's available to order and we note an estimated delivery there.

The primary goal of our chassis was to create a minimalist, modular, sort of "open source" chassis for various rifles and pistols. It's designed to be the absolute minimum that's necessary to hold the firearm in question, hold the mag, hold the grip, and allow front and rear accessories to be mounted on. With as little as possible being proprietary. So that's why the forward accessory isn't integral, and why it's a Picatinny rail up front and at back. Our vision is for you to build your vision! Whatever grip, whatever stock or brace, and eventually whatever forward accessory (rods, handguards, and more) you desire. Both so it fits you perfectly and because build projects are fun and there isn't a lot of that in the bolt action world, plus so much is proprietary and if you buy one [extremely expensive] chassis you're then stuck with that company's [extremely expensive] stocks and other accessories. Open source, baby! :)

Cheers,

Jeremy

Last edited:
Yea hopefully the stock they develop is cheaper then the MPX.

Yes, the pricing is going to be really impressive on it, I think. It'll also have a typical, rifle length of pull rather than a shorty, PDW-style length of pull like the similar stocks on the market have. The Common Stock Option will be minimalist with no adjustments and the Preferred Stock Option will have the left-or-right folding hinge, adjustable cheek piece, adjustable length of pull (though that'll probably be shims under the recoil pad to keep things simple), etc. You'll be able to upgrade a Common to a Preferred later, too, by adding the additional pieces separately. All will be lightweight, yet rugged.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingzero and Gjb89
I really like the concept and think the chassis is pretty cool looking. But I am still confused at what market they are targeting?? Is this system designed to hold up to non-magnum calibers during PRS shooting?

My .260 Rem build was intended to a light weight build so I went with the MDT LSS but eventually sold it. Now I'm thinking about trying this chassis and just adding a buffer tube stock adapter.

Have you guys dropped a fully setup rifle from normal heights on to the butt? That stock /brace adapter area looks really dainty and prone to breakage.

Have you guys dropped a fully setup rifle from normal heights on to the butt? That stock /brace adapter area looks really dainty and prone to breakage.

It's excessively strong. Especially in the compression direction. The weakest direction would be pulling up or down on the Pic rail (i.e. up meaning in the direction of the optic and down meaning in the direction of the grip) and 300 lbs doesn't even flex it. It's 7075 aluminum and there's plenty of it there.

Are you looking at other inlets? I buy one in a heartbeat if it was cut for Tikkas.

Yes, we have a queue of other firearms we'll be making chassis for. The 10/22 chassis prototype is being machined as we speak. Next up is one for an OEM that we cannot talk about yet. Then we have HOWA, Savage, Tikka, and others on our list. Plus Remington 700 long action.

Hey folks, thanks for the shout out! Popping in to answer questions.

The FARend (Forward Accessory Rod) is a separate piece for a few reasons:

• It isn't strictly necessary. A bipod or other accessory can be mounted to the Pic rails at the front of the chassis, and it handles surprisingly nicely cupping the front of the chassis with your hand. Though, yes, it's much nicer to be able to put a bipod farther (FARther ;) ) forwards out there so we do assume most chassis purchasers will want a FARend.
  • FARends will be available in multiple lengths and designs. At first we'll have three lengths (measured by how many M-LOK slots they have): 2-slot, 4-slot, and 6-slot. The ones in the photos are 4-slot length. In inches these come out to about 4", 8", and 12". We do not want it integral to the chassis because we want customers to be able to swap these around as they need and as we (and the rest of the aftermarket, hopefully!) possibly release other designs such as ARCA and Picatinny, etc.
  • Other adapters that will use the front Pic rail(s) on the chassis are being designed. For instance, one that will allow the use of an AR-10 handguard for folks who want a full-on handguard around the barrel. By doing a Pic rail on the front we hope to encourage other manufacturers to make accessories that are compatible with our chassis. And we're working on more ourselves, too.
FARends are available as an add-on to the chassis for $39.99. The chassis is on back order, but it's available to order and we note an estimated delivery there.

The primary goal of our chassis was to create a minimalist, modular, sort of "open source" chassis for various rifles and pistols. It's designed to be the absolute minimum that's necessary to hold the firearm in question, hold the mag, hold the grip, and allow front and rear accessories to be mounted on. With as little as possible being proprietary. So that's why the forward accessory isn't integral, and why it's a Picatinny rail up front and at back. Our vision is for you to build your vision! Whatever grip, whatever stock or brace, and eventually whatever forward accessory (rods, handguards, and more) you desire. Both so it fits you perfectly and because build projects are fun and there isn't a lot of that in the bolt action world, plus so much is proprietary and if you buy one [extremely expensive] chassis you're then stuck with that company's [extremely expensive] stocks and other accessories. Open source, baby! :)

Cheers,

Jeremy

View attachment 7042768

View attachment 7042769

View attachment 7042770

Black Collar Arms would you do a one-off for a post-64 Winchester model 70 long action?

Inlet for a Remington Model 7 would be nice. There are a bunch of those AAC Micros floating around.

Reactions: XP1K
Make a folding adapter that will allow installation of a Luth or PRS butt stock.
I'm not sure we'll be making one, since there are tons of Pic rail to AR buffer tube thread adapters out there already. Some even fold like: https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-stock-adapter-1913-interface-folding-knuckle.html

What we are doing is making a couple of direct-to-Pic-rail stocks. Normal rifle length of pull and our Preferred Stock Option will have an adjustable cheek rest and will fold. The Common Stock Option will be fixed and won't have the cheek piece or adjustable LoP but can be upgraded to Preferred by adding the folding hinge mount, adjustable cheek piece, and LoP spacers.

put tikka at the top of the list(y)
It's on the list!

Black Collar Arms would you do a one-off for a post-64 Winchester model 70 long action?
Sure but I don't think you'd be interested in paying for the engineering and cost of machining a one-off. $$$$$

Inlet for a Remington Model 7 would be nice. There are a bunch of those AAC Micros floating around.
Yes, that would be cool. We're definitely doing the HOWA mini action and potentially CZ mini Mauser actions and we'll see where we go from there. Haven't received many requests for the Model 7 but it makes some sense. Especially considering how close it actually is to the R700 design we have already completed.

Reactions: wes1
People saying they want tikka, are you planning on SBRing your action or waiting for the custom tikka platform rifle to come out?

i think i read the the whole thread but does anyone have a full chassis weight (minus the action etc)

thanks

People saying they want tikka, are you planning on SBRing your action or waiting for the custom tikka platform rifle to come out?
Our chassis is great for rifle builds, too. Especially after our Stock Options are ready.

i think i read the the whole thread but does anyone have a full chassis weight (minus the action etc)
About 14.25 ounces... with a FARend attached it's about a pound.

I've been wanting to put together a wood stock out of mesquite wood for my comp gun. The wood has been drying for over a year now and is almost ready. I was going to do a mini-chassis type set up with an internal aluminum chassis from Whidden which I already have, but if I can find a way to use your chassis as the "heart" of the stock it would save me from having to dick around with fitting bottom metal. Thanks for putting a ton of pics on your website, it helps to visualize things to see if I can make this work somehow. I just dont know how it's going to work/look incorporating a female pic rail clamp into the wood. I think it would be pretty easy to build for forend around your "far-end" and epoxy it in, but the grip/buttstock all being one unit would be tricky. This is super off topic to what most people are buying your chassis for, but I figured you might be interested in seeing the end result of it one of these days. Are you still on track for the release date if I was to order soon?

Thanks,
-Dan

• Love
Reactions: Balor
I've been wanting to put together a wood stock out of mesquite wood for my comp gun. The wood has been drying for over a year now and is almost ready. I was going to do a mini-chassis type set up with an internal aluminum chassis from Whidden which I already have, but if I can find a way to use your chassis as the "heart" of the stock it would save me from having to dick around with fitting bottom metal. Thanks for putting a ton of pics on your website, it helps to visualize things to see if I can make this work somehow. I just dont know how it's going to work/look incorporating a female pic rail clamp into the wood. I think it would be pretty easy to build for forend around your "far-end" and epoxy it in, but the grip/buttstock all being one unit would be tricky. This is super off topic to what most people are buying your chassis for, but I figured you might be interested in seeing the end result of it one of these days. Are you still on track for the release date if I was to order soon?

Thanks,
-Dan
Heck yeah we'd want to see that! Maybe you could chop some of that rear stuff off the chassis and bolt it into the stock using the skeletonized area at rear or through the QD socket or something. Or get rid of basically everything above and behind the grip area and insert the chassis into the stock from the bottom?

Anyway, yes, we're on track for the first shipments going out late this month.

Reactions: Vargmat
Heck yeah we'd want to see that! Maybe you could chop some of that rear stuff off the chassis and bolt it into the stock using the skeletonized area at rear or through the QD socket or something. Or get rid of basically everything above and behind the grip area and insert the chassis into the stock from the bottom?

Anyway, yes, we're on track for the first shipments going out late this month.

Yeah those are some of the options I was considering, didn't count on a manufacturer to recommend hacking up their new product, lol. I appreciate the no bullshit response. Thanks for the update!

Yeah those are some of the options I was considering, didn't count on a manufacturer to recommend hacking up their new product, lol. I appreciate the no bullshit response. Thanks for the update!
It makes sense for what you're looking to do. Just don't expect us to warranty it ;)

...though if I gave you an actual no bullshit response I would have volunteered that we talked with a stock manufacturer a little while ago about doing an inlet for our chassis :p. Not sure anything will come of that, though. Obviously it wasn't exactly a design consideration of ours so it may not be possible to make that look and feel quite right. A one-off custom thing taking advantage of a little hacksaw and Dremel work might turn out decently, though.

Reactions: ddavis
Our chassis is great for rifle builds, too. Especially after our Stock Options are ready.

About 14.25 ounces... with a FARend attached it's about a pound.

Ever think about doing something like a 450 Bushmaster chambering? I think it would be a really good seller as that chassis would make an awesome hunting setup and 450 Bushmaster is really common in the states that only allow straight wall cartidges for hunting. I would consider it if it came in that so I didn't have to worry about getting a barrel chambered up.

Reactions: car16smg

Thanks,
-Dan

Sounds like a neat idea. Accurate mag used to sell a variant of their chassis that you could use as inspiration.

WOOD.jpg

Sounds like a neat idea. Accurate mag used to sell a variant of their chassis that you could use as inspiration.

WOOD.jpg

Very cool, thanks for sharing that. It's going to have a hybrid look like that or French military rifles except the forend and buttstock will probably mimic a Manners T6.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Ever think about doing something like a 450 Bushmaster chambering? I think it would be a really good seller as that chassis would make an awesome hunting setup and 450 Bushmaster is really common in the states that only allow straight wall cartidges for hunting. I would consider it if it came in that so I didn't have to worry about getting a barrel chambered up.
Well, you could absolutely do a .450 Bushmaster but I don't see us selling barrels in that caliber. We haven't seen enough demand for it. Remington 700 barrels chambered in .450 Bushmaster do exist, though, and would work with a standard R700 action with a .308 bolt face. We have seen a lot of requests for .350 Legend coming in so that might happen (at least in terms of us selling barrels chambered in it -- at this time we are not going to do complete firearms or complete barreled actions. We may or may not do that when our FFL07 is approved. The focus is really on the chassis).

I’m jacked about this thing. I’ve been looking for years trying to figure out an affordable way to build a bolt action pistol purpose built to be suppressed. Look no further! All builds I previously devised always added up to $2000+, but now it can be done for under $1000 with the Pork Sword pistol kit! Not to mention, if you pre-order, you get a badass Warfighter Tobacco cigar in the package!! Ordering mine tonight!!

Well, you could absolutely do a .450 Bushmaster but I don't see us selling barrels in that caliber. We haven't seen enough demand for it. Remington 700 barrels chambered in .450 Bushmaster do exist, though, and would work with a standard R700 action with a .308 bolt face. We have seen a lot of requests for .350 Legend coming in so that might happen (at least in terms of us selling barrels chambered in it -- at this time we are not going to do complete firearms or complete barreled actions. We may or may not do that when our FFL07 is approved. The focus is really on the chassis).

I got you, but in general the 450BM is the most common caliber for white tail in states that only allow for straight wall cartridges. Most stores can't keep them on the shelves when hunting season comes around. Straight wall and is pretty close to 45-70/458 socom ballistics and feeds out of un modified aics mags.

Reactions: jafo96
Are the Pork Swords available yet??

Yes sir. We still haven't caught up on shipping out all of our pre-orders so if you were to order today it would take us a week-ish, maybe two, to get your order in the mail but the chassis (and FARends, barrels, pistol braces, grips, etc) are in stock and shipping every day.