• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

PortaJohn

You really don't know how to separate concepts, do you?

You went on that offensive, just because I factually stated that "depression can't be cured"? It's not my definition or opinion or definition (major depressive disorder, in particular). Fine, you made a point. It's just not a relevant one.

Any one of those people had the option to "cap themselves", at any time. Do you not agree with an individual having the liberty to end themselves? Or are you OK with the government telling you that you're a criminal, if you don't want to continue living? Do you think that it's OK to involuntarily commit a person, and keep them alive against their will, but in a prison (that can be literal or metaphorical)? Who is "saved"?

As a society and culture maintaining a basic respect for life and refusing to acknowledge the willingness to abandon it is essential.

We have abandoned that and look where it is getting us.

Here is a guy that had some demons, eventually killed himself, but realized life was worth a struggle.

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieve it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

sD6iH2SX.jpeg

Two items for me since late last night. One is an episode of The Twilight Zone that was on MeTV last night starring Burgess Meredith in The Obsolete Man. This was a POWERFUL episode showing man against the state. Truly one of the most powerful anti-communist things I've ever seen on TV. This episode mimics exactly what is going on in this country today. Suggest watching it if one can find it on the web.

On a good news side, Mo Brooks is going to run for Senate. https://www.waaytv.com/content/news...ce-run-for-US-Senate-in-2022---574043101.html That said he got clobbered last time around in 2016 primary. Of course, I'll have to see who else is running; and it scares me his seat may go to a democrat as North Alabama has had a shit-ton of kalifornians and virginians move in - most of whom are likely commies who are fleeing their states because of high taxes and stupid regulations but will bring those here!

As a society and culture maintaining a basic respect for life and refusing to acknowledge the willingness to abandon it is essential.
A "basic respect for life" also entails you recognizing that the only life that is yours to control, is the one that you were given. (possible exception being capital murder or self-defense) I don't subscribe to your "save everyone and everything" theories. The very same people who preach this gospel, also complain perpetually about the kind of people who they create with their overly controlling approach. It's diametrically opposed to the notion of having the freewill to reject the "benevolent" creator, and thus, choose a place in the lake of fire that he supposedly created for the people who aren't scared enough to worship him. Sounds an awful lot like "God" was OK with suicide, to me.

I can think of few things more evil, than the kind of people who would mandate the continued survival of someone who has expressed a willingness to die, because they live in torment, inside of a broken brain. There's no amount of Jesus or philosophy that fixes a brain that is chemically (because we are all a pile of chemicals) incapable of processing trauma. And I state again, that if you don't understand that, then you do not know what I speak of. Go visit a psych ward sometime. Tell me how talking to the self-harm patients, or getting them a puppy, is going to make it all go away. I'm fucking riveted to know.

Have you ever seen a man put a gun in his mouth and pull the trigger, without even so much as a hesitation or flinch? It's long been a question in my mind, where a man gets that kind of resolve and determination, if he wasn't completely confident in his decision... Or irreparably broken.

I'm far from a legal expert, just wondering something...

With voter fraud being swept under the rug nation wide, is a legal precedent perhaps being set? There exists truckloads of evidence of fraud and it was presented in multiple state hearings, evidence has been shredded/destroyed, and now the few charges brought being thrown out. So does this set precedent? Can we now just have a giant war of cheating fought around the ballot box?

So why not just engage in all out fraud. Why doesn't the right play by the same (non-existent) rules? Make it such a giant freakshow and burn the whole fucking thing down so hard that there is no choice but to fix the problem. There is absolutely no reason not to, we have lost the republic and our liberty/constitution/foundation is on-deck for the shredder.

• Love
Reactions: Bender
So the real question is... Which point is valid?

The hypocrisy in the 2 stories is off the charts. However... Did anyone who supported the Capitol "protest", support the other side, when they were airing their grievances? Even if you didn't agree with their cause? (assuming that you're actually able to separate the underlying idea from the actual execution)

I'm going to bet that there examples of the same hypocrisy in print, but ideologically reversed...

There is absolutely no reason not to, we have lost the republic and our liberty/constitution/foundation is on-deck for the shredder.
Don't you think that was always the end goal, since the Cold War?

What do you really think is going to be reborn from the ashes? If someone was clever enough to sabotage this so deeply, how can we not believe that somebody already has called dibs?

That's why people need to stop being so fucking retarded, and sabotaging the fragile democracy that's left, with political extremism.

Nevermind, I sometimes get blinded by my own idealism. :rolleyes:

So the real question is... Which point is valid?

The hypocrisy in the 2 stories is off the charts. However... Did anyone who supported the Capitol "protest", support the other side, when they were airing their grievances? Even if you didn't agree with their cause? (assuming that you're actually able to separate the underlying idea from the actual execution)

I'm going to bet that there examples of the same hypocrisy in print, but ideologically reversed...
only idiots would support the burning, looting and violence perpetrated by the "other side".

Reactions: Josh1978
only idiots would support the burning, looting and violence perpetrated by the "other side".
I totally agree. And I also think that only idiots would support storming the Capitol, while congress is in session.

I totally agree. And I also think that only idiots would support storming the Capitol, while congress is in session.

just because people dont think it was actually an "insurrection", as the propaganda machine tells us, doenst mean those people any way support what happened

just because people dont think it was actually an "insurrection", as the propaganda machine tells us, doenst mean those people any way support what happened
If anyone wanted to openly declare a revolution, and have the matter settled definitively, I would respect that so much more. Not saying that I'd take a side, or even agree - but if something is that important, then it's unequivocably worth fighting for, right? (that is, after all, how we came to be)

There's nothing worse than any group of people, with a rag tag band of supporters, being a perpetual pain in the ass. Everyone deserves closure. And reminders, after the fact.

Reactions: Bender
You do realize why there is a razor wire fence around DC....

It's because they are scared because they know the people are fed up.

To be totally honest, we needed this. It made them come to god. Once the "insurrection" was done, they started shoving Bill's through and biden signed 56 EOs. They know the American people have had enough.

75 million Americans had their vote suppressed last year due to states changing voting laws at the last minute.

Pennsylvania sent out 1.8 million absentee ballots, they got back over 2.5 million. If that doesnt say voter fraud I dont know what does.

There is no equal or level playing field left in this country. Democrats will never compromise. Look at the 2md amendment. They constantly take and never give in return. Look at the 1st amendment currently, all the MSM amd social media is deciding what you see amd hear.

I'm a combat medic in the army, when we left for Iraq and Afghanistan, we were told to treat the people kindly over there because if we didnt it would only make them extremists, now look at what the left is doing to our own people here by calling all whites privileged and racist....they are making them extremists.

Doc

cubIQubS.png
u9TwrtUi.jpeg
pc6o1Iwj (1).jpeg

To be totally honest, we needed this. It made them come to god. Once the "insurrection" was done, they started shoving Bill's through and biden signed 56 EOs. They know the American people have had enough.

75 million Americans had their vote suppressed last year due to states changing voting laws at the last minute.

Pennsylvania sent out 1.8 million absentee ballots, they got back over 2.5 million. If that doesnt say voter fraud I dont know what does.

There is no equal or level playing field left in this country. Democrats will never compromise. Look at the 2md amendment. They constantly take and never give in return. Look at the 1st amendment currently, all the MSM amd social media is deciding what you see amd hear.

I'm a combat medic in the army, when we left for Iraq and Afghanistan, we were told to treat the people kindly over there because if we didnt it would only make them extremists, now look at what the left is doing to our own people here by calling all whites privileged and racist....they are making them extremists.

Doc

View attachment 7588755View attachment 7588756View attachment 7588757
Have you ever known of a thief that didn't hide what he stole or keep it locked up behind fences?

How many chop shops do know of that operate in the open and not behind closed doors and tall, junk yard fences?

A "basic respect for life" also entails you recognizing that the only life that is yours to control, is the one that you were given. (possible exception being capital murder or self-defense) I don't subscribe to your "save everyone and everything" theories. The very same people who preach this gospel, also complain perpetually about the kind of people who they create with their overly controlling approach. It's diametrically opposed to the notion of having the freewill to reject the "benevolent" creator, and thus, choose a place in the lake of fire that he supposedly created for the people who aren't scared enough to worship him. Sounds an awful lot like "God" was OK with suicide, to me.

I can think of few things more evil, than the kind of people who would mandate the continued survival of someone who has expressed a willingness to die, because they live in torment, inside of a broken brain. There's no amount of Jesus or philosophy that fixes a brain that is chemically (because we are all a pile of chemicals) incapable of processing trauma. And I state again, that if you don't understand that, then you do not know what I speak of. Go visit a psych ward sometime. Tell me how talking to the self-harm patients, or getting them a puppy, is going to make it all go away. I'm fucking riveted to know.

Have you ever seen a man put a gun in his mouth and pull the trigger, without even so much as a hesitation or flinch? It's long been a question in my mind, where a man gets that kind of resolve and determination, if he wasn't completely confident in his decision... Or irreparably broken.

"Have you ever seen a man put a gun in his mouth and pull the trigger...."

Have you? or is that just dramatic effect?

The number of suicide "attempts" way outweigh the number of "completions".

In your world, much like the newly emerging sex change world, those should be assisted to attain "completion" and other loved ones would have no say. "Its their choice".

Im not getting into your atheist arguments. Thats for you, you rock it well on your own. Ive not brought God into the discussion.

Im talking humanity and valuing life, having hope, many have accepted death, planned for it saw it as imminent but because they struggled they achieved great things that would have been lost had they just "gave up".

In the liberal world, if your beliefs are valid, why do we have public "intervention" and "treatment"? Shouldn't we eliminate all the public financed "care"?

Doc

How about 4th amendment...

Sharyl Atkisson finds out that her computers have been violated by the CIA and others because Holder was upset with her Fast and Furious reports.

Her case was dismissed this week because Rod Rosenstein gets qualified immunity.

Bull shit.

Have you? or is that just dramatic effect?

In the liberal world, if your beliefs are valid, why do we have public "intervention" and "treatment"? Shouldn't we eliminate all the public financed "care"?
Yes, unfortunately I have. And even worse, not just once. So no, not just dramatic effect. Those events rather radically changed my views on a number of issues that I was previously naive to. It's one thing to talk about suicide from a idealistic, yet disconnected vantage point. It's a whole other thing to consider the complete person, after watching that life extinguished. Call it an existential moment. Those existences weren't meaningless - but they also weren't there for me dictate - especially knowing that I'll still be learning, until the day I die, myself.

I don't advocate the lion share of liberal/progressive policies. But at the same time, I wouldn't dare say that all of those programs are without merit, without knowing exactly what they are. I realize that I'm a little different than most, in that I'm not going to just jump, and say that it's all bad. I've got a real problem with most of the "see something, say something" attitudes. Suicide prevention hotlines? Got a hard time with that one. Had an acquaintance in Florida who offed themselves after being Baker acted. And yet, for someone suffering a more temporary form of depression, it might be a life saver.

People need to learn to think a little bit more critically. Sometimes, people die BECAUSE OF or DESPITE your good intentions, or moral platitudes. In short, there are times when you need to learn to mind your own business, before trying to sort someone else's.

Doc

Comparing what happened on 1/6 to the events of all last summer is exactly tha narrative they
would like to continue.
The reasons couldn't be further from each other.

R

The number of suicide "attempts" way outweigh the number of "completions".
And? Relevance? It's still a personal choice, is it not?

What constitutes a suicide attempt? Is that like suicide by gun, being included in murder statistics?

What are the statistics on successful follow-ups? (persistence pays for many)

Weird,

Founder/CEO of OAN was on this morning.

He is endorsing Tulsi Gabbard as a replacement for Gavin Newsom.

See a lot of support for her in conservative circles.

Peeps seem to have forgot she was left of Biden.

Her website still outlines her take over of health care and the gutting of the Second A.

Sure she had somewhat of a come to Jesus moment when Hillary knee capped her but is she really for freedom only when her rights are at stake?

Old article but the start of the elevation....

After listening to her recent 4+ hour interview on the Jocko Podcast, I came away with the understanding that I have substantial policy differences, but her approach to the political process is far better than any of the current cast of characters in DC. We'd be far better as a nation if she was representing the Loyal Opposition; both because she appears to be a decent person, and because I believe that the Republican Party would be forced to run candidates of similar character instead of whatever shithead everyone is gonna talk themselves into voting for in 2024.

Comparing what happened on 1/6 to the events of all last summer is exactly tha narrative they
would like to continue.
The reasons couldn't be further from each other.

R
Especially when the cocksuckers that are hiding behind the high fences with razor wire and using the U.S. military as guards were the ones directing, encouraging, protecting, offering 'get out of jail free' passes and were, along with Soros, behind the events of last summer.

Biden/Harris/Pelosi and the Democrats are Antifa.

Yeah, that's bubba down the street alright....now...spin this narrative will you press.

I am becoming more and more a believer that one of my female friends is on to something...these shootings are not just "by chance."

Reactions: Josh1978

OOOPS....wait...could it be 1) he's not a typical white male, 2) not a "redneck", 3) not a right-winger but a hard core leftist? Well shit...that doesn't fit the narrative now does it. Sweep this under the rug, except for the gun....our press, our leadership is 100% without morals (forget ethics), no morals!!!

Reactions: BLEE
Why would a anti trump, uber leftist, muslim shooter target a grocery store in literally the most liberal demographic place in all of Colorado?

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Why would a anti trump, uber leftist, muslim shooter target a grocery store in literally the most liberal demographic place in all of Colorado?
That's one question; but I'd ask "why would anybody shoot up anywhere unless in war?" But you're point is valid - martyr? Trying to make guns and Trump the issue and was willing to do what he did to make his point in his mind?