• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

Last edited:
Reactions: Mwalex
1655907254990.png

Thats cool and all, but this is a relatively close quarters weapons system. Things to ponder:
-1.25miles of wire back to the operator is a trail. It can be cut or used to find the pilot. And its relatively easy to guesstimate the max distance away based on the amount of cable left on the spool, which is easily observed.
-It has logistics issues that must be considered:
-110 pounds is a lot of kit to take to the front lines, and the size of a microwave isn't including the weapons on it. Its a crew served machine and the Ukrainians are running out of crew.
-Although it is Biden's electric wet dream, it still has to be recharged. I bet it will prove problematic in Ukraine.

That being said, there are ways it can be deployed in an nonlinear manner that works to aid in neutralizing the opposing force for sure, I'm not sure that line of thinking is present in the forces remaining.

Its just another piece of unmanned kit that a company wants to deploy to get pics of it on the battlefield and at least one good story so that they can sell it to European governments that are at least stating that its time to retool. If they took this thing to IDEX I think they would see just what they are up against and how far behind they power curve they really are. But its a great "Go Ukraine!" story for someone to believe. The actual impact on the battlefield will be negligible.