• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

I had someone tell me yesterday that if this happens, he will close the door, call 911, and tell the police that there are people on his porch, with guns, claiming to be LEO's.......sounds like a fun way to start it out............
Include "do you have a warrant?""No? Then you are trespassing."

Reactions: 10ring'r
Literally nothing
Hey C'mon now.
We've been waiting and watching and waiting and watching for a long long time....
Maybe it's finally going to get here?

And please don't let it be the biggest drag show of all time!

QYltdzQStzHq.jpeg

That is 180 from everything I have seen written about it. Batteries are....at least from what I understood....are the single worst think in the energy density area in every chart I have seen. With hydrogen being the best, and it should be it is an atomic number of 1. There is nothing smaller.

Electric cars are so hard to put your finger on. The electricity to do it can come from dozens of different sources, and your local power production can be very different from the next guy over. They key thing however is it is not clean by a long shot, and electric cars are very far from being as green as they tell us they are.

Electric cars do have their place, but it is not the magic bullet that so many seem to think they are, in some areas they are the single worst ways to move X from Y to Z. Ever wonder what happened to the Tesla over the road truck, it went the same way the nikola over the road truck. So many of these things start to fall apart when you look at them close. And so many things stated in many "pro battery" sites are just flat false. Oh well, I look at it like I will not be around to watch it all fall apart.
You have an inherent misunderstanding of energy density:

In energy storage applications the energy density relates the energy in an energy store to the volume of the storage facility, e.g. the fuel tank. The higher the energy density of the fuel, the more energy may be stored or transported for the same amount of volume. Given the high energy density of gasoline, the exploration of alternative media to store the energy of powering a car, such as hydrogen or battery, is strongly limited by the energy density of the alternative medium. The same mass of lithium-ion storage, for example, would result in a car with only 2% the range of its gasoline counterpart. If sacrificing the range is undesirable, it becomes necessary to carry that much more fuel. (per wikipedia)

1920px-Energy_density.svg.png

Agreed. But, imho, that's all any of this shit we've seen in the last 2.5 years is: a deliberate disinformation operation designed to get us to buy something that isn't very good for us.

So true, it is the very same as the video, the line we even funded our own studies....and it is a real shocker how those turned out right.

I have so little faith what we consume as "news" is really worth a single thing. There is no reporting anymore, only propaganda and advertising. Now that people are questioning what they are saying it is now a problem.

They also know the information can not be controlled as well as it once was. It can still be controlled, we saw it in the biden election and supression of the laptop from hell. So they can still control the info, it is just becoming more difficult. Look at what canada is doing with their "media".

In energy storage applications the energy density relates the energy in an energy store to the volume of the storage facility, e.g. the fuel tank. The higher the energy density of the fuel, the more energy may be stored or transported for the same amount of volume. Given the high energy density of gasoline, the exploration of alternative media to store the energy of powering a car, such as hydrogen or battery, is strongly limited by the energy density of the alternative medium. The same mass of lithium-ion storage, for example, would result in a car with only 2% the range of its gasoline counterpart. If sacrificing the range is undesirable, it becomes necessary to carry that much more fuel. (per wikipedia)

That is how I understand it, I don't explain thigs real well.

As I understand it the battery in a tesla weighs as much as an 85 Toyota Corolla to get an acceptable range. Like you said you need more mass to get the desired outcome. My understanding is with hydrogen it is higher, so you need less of it to get the same (in car example) range....am I missing the boat here.

The really old video I posted talked about the pressure with the hydrogen gas and the liquid hydrogen needing a lower pressure but needs to be thousands of deg below zero. So with the BMW in the video it worked like a regular car using less fuel because there is more energy in that fuel.

I could totally be missing the boat here, I really do want to understand this.

The pressure has nothing to do with the energy density. That is in the specific substance itself....basically, yea I know. By your thinking it would not burn if not under more pressure then 200psi.

I am not trying to be difficult as well, I am trying to learn here, I will freely admit if I am in error, and it is real possible that I am, I want the facts.

So if you had hydrogen in an open tank at a no pressure over normal, I am under the understanding that the hydrogen will rise, and the gas can be captured and used as a fuel.

I saw a video, hay it is on the interwebs so it must be true right? (part of what I am trying to learn fact from fiction) and he had one of those stainless steel hydrogen generators stuck in water, put power to it, and the water starts to bubble, we did this 40 years ago in science class in high school. This guy however had some kind of collector that would vent the hydrogen gas into an engine with (I guess called a mixer) used for LP with some changes to it he did not go into, and the engine ran. I understand this "mixer" thingy to be basically a carb for LP.

In my mind in Mrs. Blake in 8th grade science could make it go woosh with just a positive and neg cables run to it (I don't remember the voltage she used) that woosh sure seemed like gasoline vapor and that is really what you are trying to do with normal gas to make it burn, and any idiot (ME) that has ever been stupid enough to start a fire with gas knows it is the vapor that is the real worry.

We can take this to another thread if you want, I really do want to learn about this.

Here is the link to the Jay Leno video I was talking about.....time sure does fly, this was 14 years ago. I am sure a thing or two has been learned from the tape of that video.

It’s not rocket science, how long will the same size tank run an engine, one tank is at 200 psi the other is 3000 psi of the same gas, it doesn’t even matter what gas at this point. It’s quite obvious energy density and pressure go hand-in-hand.

That is how I understand it, I don't explain thigs real well.

As I understand it the battery in a tesla weighs as much as an 85 Toyota Corolla to get an acceptable range. Like you said you need more mass to get the desired outcome. My understanding is with hydrogen it is higher, so you need less of it to get the same (in car example) range....am I missing the boat here.

The really old video I posted talked about the pressure with the hydrogen gas and the liquid hydrogen needing a lower pressure but needs to be thousands of deg below zero. So with the BMW in the video it worked like a regular car using less fuel because there is more energy in that fuel.

I could totally be missing the boat here, I really do want to understand this.
The reason why hydrogen tanks for vehicles were pressurized to such a high degree was to increase the energy density of the container to a point where it was useful. Useful being mileage per tank. If you put one mole of hydrogen in a tank it would power nothing, hence the need for compaction (high pressure) of the hydrogen.

Reactions: Bender
lol, sadly, even if the gop were to impeach pedo pete, i don't believe he would be found competent enough to be tried.

thats an interesting Shroedingers Cat scenario. they dont want to impeach him but if he's ruled not competent then everything he signed into law becomes void since he didnt have the capacity to understand his actions?

“was allegedly one of the agents trying to get FBI employees to bolster Domestic Violent Extremism (DVE) case counts to satisfy “performance metrics,”

I’m not surprised to learn there are “performance metrics” when it comes to locking up their opposition.

I'm betting your "Performance Metrics" look stellar when you are able to coach, groom and facilitate crimes to basically frame people for the crimes you had them commit. Yessir! Another crime solved... just like that!

interesting chart. I have a question..
Chart shows that LP propane and natual gas has a higher 'selected energy' density than Diesel.
BuT..
When you run a generator, it takes far less Diesel to generate as much electricity than Propane or Natural Gas.

interesting chart. I have a question..
Chart shows that LP propane and natual gas has a higher 'selected energy' density than Diesel.
BuT..
When you run a generator, it takes far less Diesel to generate as much electricity than Propane or Natural Gas.
Propane and NG have a higher energy density on the MJ/kg axis (x-axis) but not on the MJ/L axis (y-axis). That is probably due to a difference in active content per volume when comparing kg and L's and the difference in density between the materials. The would explain what is happening in your example.

“was allegedly one of the agents trying to get FBI employees to bolster Domestic Violent Extremism (DVE) case counts to satisfy “performance metrics,”

I’m not surprised to learn there are “performance metrics” when it comes to locking up their opposition.
This also makes sense now that they were labeling parents who disagreed with the school boards over child grooming as domestic terrorists.