• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

Why the hostility?
Because folks are tired of parasites who only want to be kept up by others who are already keeping themselves up. We're also tired of the myriad excuses of why it's unfair to expect an adult to actually act like an adult, while simultaneously explaining why their ideology is superior

It's already been posted about fluff degrees and their uselessness.
Those degrees wouldn't, and didn't, exist prior to government underwriting student loans.

Instead of those folks going after useless degrees as a balm for their poor self esteem, they should seek professional help from a psychiatrist.

Because folks are tired of parasites who only want to be kept up by others who are already keeping themselves up. We're also tired of the myriad excuses of why it's unfair to expect an adult to actually act like an adult, while simultaneously explaining why their ideology is superior

Those degrees wouldn't, and didn't, exist prior to government underwriting student loans.

Instead of those folks going after useless degrees as a balm for their poor self esteem, they should seek professional help from a psychiatrist.
Having five kids...2 of which graduated and one who is a sophomore and 2 to go, I find a lot of this is the fault of the parents. Of the three that graduated or are in school, the rules were mine to make since I theoretically was paying the tab. Majors that would have resulted in them in living in my basement post college were denied. My fourth is in process of selecting which college he will go to. He wanted to major in journalism or history. Those majors are popular for students preparing for law school. I said no to both and did not budge. He now is majoring in Computer Science.

I am simply amazed that so many parents do not lay down the law so to speak since they are paying the bill. Especially since the Federal Government began underwriting college loans that gave colleges and universities the ability to raise costs to insane levels. Parental involvement and guidance is key. My first two went for free on full academic scholarships. My ex and I still ensured that they both majored in STEM disciplines. Both have fantastic jobs. My third also goes for free but works 20+ hours a week so that her employer pays the bill. I also agree that the public schools are failing to provide adequate guidance to kids that would do better in vocational school. There are so many good jobs out there for skilled tradesmen. However, that stopped being an option since they removed shop from middle school curriculums. That was a tragic error.

Lots of good happens when parents are involved. The current mess is what happens when they don't act like parents and act like friends. If you can't pay your obligations, you should face the same penalty as if you defaulted on any promissory note. I hope SCOTUS tells Mr. Potato to climb a tree

Last edited:
esH9xnTUdInU.jpeg

I agree with this.

My emphasis was on the criminality of the lending.

If one is too stupid to read and understand the terms of a contract, they only have the person in the mirror to blame.
That is so.

Predatory lending terms are a factor, and should be addressed as well. This subject is greater than just student loan debt.

i have no words and I best not say what I’m thinking. This shit has to stop!

i have actually seen many more than i share, because at some point, it is going to generate bad feelings that might be directed at good people.
these should just be reminders to stay frosty.

Reactions: TACC and Devildog
That is so.

Predatory lending terms are a factor, and should be addressed as well. This subject is greater than just student loan debt.
I don't care if someone offers you a loan of $20 at 5000% interest that compounds daily. If you're dumb enough to sign it, they should sue you for judgement. After that they should get a property lien, bank lien, pocket levy, and a fi fa and take everything you have.

I don't care if someone offers you a loan of $20 at 5000% interest that compounds daily. If you're dumb enough to sign it, they should sue you for judgement. After that they should get a property lien, bank lien, pocket levy, and a fi fa and take everything you have.
I disagree, as does the Bible, and the Constitution. What you describe is evil, and criminal.

Interest free lending has a long history of promoting stable nations. Including our United States. Usurious predatory lending has a long history of destabilizing nations. including our United States.

Private bankers, including the ‘Federal Reserve’, are parasites. They have usurped the authority granted to Congress by We the People to control the money system.

Student loans are one piece of that.

I disagree, as does the Bible, and the Constitution. What you describe is evil, and criminal.

Interest free lending has a long history of promoting stable nations. Including our United States. Usurious predatory lending has a long history of destabilizing nations. including our United States.

Private bankers, including the ‘Federal Reserve’, are parasites. They have usurped the authority granted to Congress by We the People to control the money system.

Student loans are one piece of that.

Why should your opinion be respected when you essentially admit you shouldn't be responsible for your own actions?
You should give power of attorney to a more responsible person or join a group home instead of incorrectly assuming everyone else shares your deficiency.

Why should your opinion be respected when you essentially admit you shouldn't be responsible for your own actions?
You should give power of attorney to a more responsible person or join a group home instead of incorrectly assuming everyone else shares your deficiency.
‘Essentially admit?’ Where?

You’re explicitly endorsing usury, so no, I don’t expect you to respect my opinion on this.

It's the Bear Pit, comes with the territory.

don't you have to get vaccinations when you travel to work abroad where they have different pests and problems?

Whatever caused the enigmatic symptoms dubbed the ‘Havana Syndrome’, the US intelligence community has concluded that it was not a secret weapon operated by a foreign adversary, the Washington Post reported on Wednesday, citing officials familiar with the report.

The final report on the issue “shatters a long-disputed theory” that some kind of Russian energy weapon was to blame, according to the Post.

‘Essentially admit?’ Where?

You’re explicitly endorsing usury, so no, I don’t expect you to respect my opinion on this.

It's the Bear Pit, comes with the territory.
Essentially admit.
If you're too stupid to read and understand the concepts of a contractual obligation.

Reactions: notacos4u
Ok Boomer.

Student loans are loan sharking. The collusion between Feds, lenders and Universities is criminal.
Ok debtor!

You loan money, you fucking pay it back! The opposite of that is theft! Real men dont steal. Pussies, douchebags, and cuntfaces steal shit! Yes, having the govt pay, is theft from society. Its a tough concept Cumrade, maybe another $100k in student debt will help you understand!

Id prefer my paid degree and taxed earnings not be used to pay for your shit degree and bad choices!

"You" above does not specifically include yourself, cause I have no idea of your life choices/situation.

If a person cant afford college, then dont go!

I'm not a rocket scientist, but most of them just say F it, they don't want to pay them back.
So, since I work in higher ed I will give you all my take. I think that what doesn’t get discussed enough is the number of students who leave college without a degree, but with substantial student loan debt. It’s all a game. These students know how to maximize their loans, as well as how to play the system. The schools get the payment for tuition, then gives a refund to the student for any loan amount over the cost of tuition. This is supposed to go toward helping with living expenses, but we all know how that works. Theses same students then do nothing in their classes, or do just enough to keep from getting kicked out for a while. Finally, they ride it out until they get kicked out of school. That’s when the loan finally stops. They are getting $40k+ in loans during this time, and never have any intention of paying them back. I see these students in my classes every semester, and it’s very obvious if you know the game. Now, there are plenty who take the loans and get a worthless degree that will never generate the income to pay loans back, but I promise the ones gaming the system are taking the largest bite of the loans that go to default.