• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

PortaJohn

That is a really good movie, and shows Griffith in a different roll then people know him for.

Really good and you should watch it.

I did watch the movie and it was really good. Critics and commentators have said the movie was a foreshadowing of Trump. I disagree.

Griffith's character, "Lonesome" Rhodes appears to be the embodiment of everything wrong with politicians in general. I think his character leans more towards what's wrong with the democrats than the republicans.

From what I've read and heard about the real life Andy Griffith is that he was a real turd. Recall that before he died, he was an ardent supporter of the democratic party and a cheerleader for Obamacare.

When JFK was assassinated, he was really shook up. I'm old enough to remember that event but recall all the adults upset about it. I didn't know anything about political parties back then but that was at a time, when most people, regardless of party would not be happy about the POTUS being assassinated.

That's probably because LBJ wasn't liked very much, even by members of his own party. Griffith, on the other hand, took it harder than most Americans.

Despite, being a real life jerk, he was an excellent actor. Alec Baldwin is the same way. I never was a fan but have to begrudgingly admit that his performance in a couple of movies was really good. Nevertheless, he's a big steaming, fly infested, wet pile of bovine excrement.

I suspect that Griffith was letting some of his real personality come out in the movie, "A Face in the Crowd."

The best performance was given by Patricia Neal in the movie. She discovered Rhodes and put him in the limelight. She helped to create a Frankenstein and regretted it. She represented some of the well-intentioned people in politics that get used by evil leaders but don't know how to correct the wrongs they've helped to create.

Lee Remick was also a metaphor for the public that was in love with an image. She would do anything for Rhodes, even marry him. She eventually finds another slickster who woos her into an affair. Which shows how fickle the public can be.

To repeat, modern essayists like to point to that movie and compare Griffith's character to Donald Trump. They are wrong. Just look how slick the campaign adds of LBJ, Carter, Clinton and Obama have been to get them in the White House.

Reactions: fpgt72
Here is how the story ended.

Poilice Ad 03.jpg

No excuses.....but....

I just looked and that county is on the cost side, and sits right next to CA. I have a feeling the "defund the police" would have been strong in that area.

There might have been that going on and there really be no one available.

Just a guess.
Josephine County is about as far from woke as you can get. Granted that most hate the Government, but for entirely different reasons. Pretty high percentage of open carry, more of an Old West SSS area. The actual reasons there was so little LE is a good story in itself, but probably too long for most.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
I wonder what all those counties are doing with the income from property and sales tax(es), just to name a few ?
"As Portland goes... So goes the State".
All that tax money from Eastern Oregon goes to house the homeless in Multnomah County.
There is a lot of money to be made off of the homeless.

0ZU5Y5Z0LJkf.jpeg

These same shit stains spent over 50 million dollars in payoffs to cover their sexual harassment and other charges. They, democraps and republicants, passed a single item bill to keep the names of the offenders private. You know, to "protect" the victims. The bill passed with a unanimous vote. Think about that. Even the females voted for it.
100% scumbags in Congress.

Short but sweet refreshing piece to ring out another buffoonish year...

San Pedro Communal Prison, Bolivia. Due to the tight knit nature of the community, San Pedro Prison is only partly guarded by police. The inmates actually guard the facility. And it is mostly open air, with shops and recreational areas managed by both inmates and local townsfolk. The sentences for crimes there are very light, for a reason. Because if somebody in there had REALLY committed a "crime against life", they will never see the end of their sentence, courtesy of their fellow inmates. The town and life within reminded me very much of the depictions of town life in India at the peak of the powerful Mughal Empire during the reign of Sultans Akbar, Shah Jahan, and Aurangzeb, when 'peace extended through the land'. Shah Jahan himself was credited with building fountains on all of the major roads of the empire complete with ornate gold and jeweled goblets where thirsty travelers can drink the water from, and according to legend, not one goblet was ever taken by anybody during his reign.

Here is how the story ended.

Got to half way blame the victim.

A sweet .38 revolver is affordable. Just keep pulling the trigger until your second speed loader is empty.

They will be ballsy in the city, but there are areas of the US that shit don’t fly. We’ll see if any of them get a little froggy away from the pack?🇺🇸👍
Antifa and BLM sure figured out that the rural areas didn’t cater to their bullshit.
I imagine this group would find the same boundaries.
Leave the sanctuary of leftist run cities and they get their asses handed to them.

Well. At least they stay down when told🤷‍♂️

This reminds me of McNamara's morons. Those poor guys had it rough. IIRC their casualty rate was 35% higher than every other demographic.

If I'm wrong on that, maybe someone could correct me.

Praying maybe the Russians will show them some mercy that Zelensky won't give them.

This reminds me of McNamara's morons. Those poor guys had it rough. IIRC their casualty rate was 35% higher than every other demographic.

If I'm wrong on that, maybe someone could correct me.

Praying maybe the Russians will show them some mercy that Zelensky won't give them.