• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

Seriously, haven't you heard those EBTs can only be used to make certain purchases and are not universal like a visa debit card?

A visa debit card that could be used at any business that decides to stop taking cash, EBT not so much
I don't think I was clear enough. Never said it was "legal" to use an EBT card to make purchases other than Authorized.. Given the (not so) right location/circumstance, they are used to make purchases that are far from just what is normally authorized. People been playing that food stamp game since the early 70's.

Its a mess, and the USDA Never should have strayed from giving excess Food (known in the legal trade as commodities) not means to purchase food. The food pantries, do a great job in that they give away foods of all sorts. Used to volunteer at one. Gave away real foods to real people. Food stamp program, gives away cash which many (but not all take serious advantage of.

And another way that the food stamp program has proven to be a travesty. This was done during the Reagan administration that everyone reveres. Anyone who was over eighteen could claim to be a separate household even though they were living in the same house and using the same fridge and stove. It meant more money. So, mama, gets a certification, her 21 year old daughter gets a certification, her 19 year old daughter gets a certification. That means that three separate households in one house. Each household gets a base amount and then an amount for each member. The base amount is higher than a dependent amount.

So, if the three adults in the home each had one dependent, instead of a base plus 5 dependents, there is three bases each with a dependent. A lot more of mine and your money going that by rights should be. Now here's the kicker. Each head of household had to say they kept their food separate, cooked their food separate and of course ate separate. If you believe that, I have a bridge I would like to sell you in London, England.

Its a damned racket fostered on the American Taxpayer. Go back to giving surplus food. That's the proper way. And THAT is the way it was set up to work. Giving excess food away to the poor that the government was already purchasing from the producers.

haven't you heard those EBTs can only be used to make certain purchases
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And gun laws prevent gun crime too.

People been playing that food stamp game since the early 70's.
1000%

It's easy to purchase a couple three quarts of milk with a EBT and get a pack of cigarettes or whatever by "mistake".

600px-ShooterPistols2.JPG

I don't think I was clear enough. Never said it was "legal" to use an EBT card to make purchases other than Authorized.. Given the (not so) right location/circumstance, they are used to make purchases that are far from just what is normally authorized. People been playing that food stamp game since the early 70's.

Its a mess, and the USDA Never should have strayed from giving excess Food (known in the legal trade as commodities) not means to purchase food. The food pantries, do a great job in that they give away foods of all sorts. Used to volunteer at one. Gave away real foods to real people. Food stamp program, gives away cash which many (but not all take serious advantage of.

And another way that the food stamp program has proven to be a travesty. This was done during the Reagan administration that everyone reveres. Anyone who was over eighteen could claim to be a separate household even though they were living in the same house and using the same fridge and stove. It meant more money. So, mama, gets a certification, her 21 year old daughter gets a certification, her 19 year old daughter gets a certification. That means that three separate households in one house. Each household gets a base amount and then an amount for each member. The base amount is higher than a dependent amount.

So, if the three adults in the home each had one dependent, instead of a base plus 5 dependents, there is three bases each with a dependent. A lot more of mine and your money going that by rights should be. Now here's the kicker. Each head of household had to say they kept their food separate, cooked their food separate and of course ate separate. If you believe that, I have a bridge I would like to sell you in London, England.

Its a damned racket fostered on the American Taxpayer. Go back to giving surplus food. That's the proper way. And THAT is the way it was set up to work. Giving excess food away to the poor that the government was already purchasing from the producers.
1710215667146.png

The point was all about LEGAL use for poor people and a cashless society, but in your effort to appear smarter than me, you missed it

And blacks wonder why some white people don't like them. BTW, the New York National Guard are making the subways safe for animals like this.

Even Hochul admitted that the NG troops, who are carrying empty weapons, are just theater and meant to make the unwary public "feel better" about taking mass transit, bottom line is to boost the MTA's dropping ridership numbers:

----------
Hochul added that bringing in the National Guard was meant to give people a “deeper sense of security” without harassing commuters or making them feel uncomfortable.

arguing they will act as a crime deterrent and calm commuters’ “anxiety.”
----------

Leftist elites like Hochul all have a grasp on psychology. They know that for most people, those who do not dive deeper or read between the lines, they are easily placated by colorful distractions and lip service of "better days ahead" without having to give them actual results. And these are the people she and her squad are trying to keep voting for them, forget the real issues, and continuing their daily lives blissful in the illusion that "somebody's doing something".

The random bag checks are only occurring in high trafficked capital stations of the system where most of the riders are white collar office workers. The inner city stations are where all of the gang and thug activity is continuing. At most, these patrols and checks are slightly discouraging gangbangers from the hot zones from launching isolated raids into the showcase parts of the city for an easy purse snatching and making the city look bad in front of tourists and foreign investors. Kind of like comparing downtown Pyongyang to the rest of North Korea. Tourists brave enough to travel to North Korea are only shown the showcase parts of the capital that they have set up specifically as a display model.

Stooopid fuck. Ever seen what the democrap libs do? They show up and plead the 5th, say I don't recall and a few other dodges to the questions.
He is s on the wrong side of the regime and the Pravda would have given him the headlines for doing it. But the news cycle turns to the next hot item in a few days.

Two years and counting……
Pretty much sucks to find out that those brothers were just a bunch of two faced bastards.
Your situation is more akin to agent orange and the water in Camp Lejeune. It'll take a few decades before the government owns up to fucking you. No judge is going to fuck with his pension for the few of you.

Reactions: devildog93
Even Hochul admitted that the NG troops, who are carrying empty weapons, are just theater and meant to make the unwary public "feel better" about taking mass transit, bottom line is to boost the MTA's dropping ridership numbers:

----------
Hochul added that bringing in the National Guard was meant to give people a “deeper sense of security” without harassing commuters or making them feel uncomfortable.

arguing they will act as a crime deterrent and calm commuters’ “anxiety.”
----------

Leftist elites like Hochul all have a grasp on psychology. They know that for most people, those who do not dive deeper or read between the lines, they are easily placated by colorful distractions and lip service of "better days ahead" without having to give them actual results. And these are the people she and her squad are trying to keep voting for them, forget the real issues, and continuing their daily lives blissful in the illusion that "somebody's doing something".

The random bag checks are only occurring in high trafficked capital stations of the system where most of the riders are white collar office workers. The inner city stations are where all of the gang and thug activity is continuing. At most, these patrols and checks are slightly discouraging gangbangers from the hot zones from launching isolated raids into the showcase parts of the city for an easy purse snatching and making the city look bad in front of tourists and foreign investors. Kind of like comparing downtown Pyongyang to the rest of North Korea. Tourists brave enough to travel to North Korea are only shown the showcase parts of the capital that they have set up specifically as a display model.
unpleasant_truths.jpg

this is how they force you to cashless

no federal law says you must take cash

there are some state and local laws, I could not find a complete list

States such as New Jersey, Massachusetts and Rhode Island have laws in place

If the dems are really worried about poor people (and we know they are not) then there would be a federal law to require taking cash. Lots of poor people do not have cards. Or maybe the answer is the govt gives the poor people debit cards for free with money on them.

so...... From a 20 dollar bill
"THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL DEBTS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE"
all caps, cause the Federal Government thought it was important enough, that the Gov shouted that phrase on their money.

seems to be some conflicting thought in out there... in the gov world

Reactions: gigamortis
all caps, cause the Federal Government thought it was important enough, that the Gov shouted that phrase on their money.

The more the Government attempts to restrict "commerce" the more the Black Market / Barter will thrive.
When the Pilgrims arrived in 1492 there was no coinage system.
America thrived for 300 years without the Mint Act.
Now look at us.

After the U.S. Constitution was ratified, Congress passed the "Mint Act" of April 2, 1792, which established the coinage system of the United States and the dollar as the principal unit of currency. By this Act the U.S., became the first country in the world to adopt the decimal system for currency.

Side story; this past Friday at a local diner paying for our meal the waitress checked my $20.s. I’m like did they pass, she said yes we got this one earlier in the day, she proceeded to show me a fake $20 that looked and felt like the real thing, sure enough would not pass the test pen.

Side story; this past Friday at a local diner paying for our meal the waitress checked my $20.s. I’m like did they pass, she said yes we got this one earlier in the day, she proceeded to show me a fake $20 that looked and felt like the real thing, sure enough would not pass the test pen.
North Korea is at it again or China?

Coming in from Canada.

Love the students' unified response, but cannot believe that even places like Indiana are being infected by the woke rot. All Americans need to make it a daily duty to make known leftists in their AOs as uncomfortable, unwelcome, and loathed as legally possible. No saying "hi" to them, no responses when being addressed by them, no helping them with anything, including life threatening emergencies. The cold shoulder and the icy glare, and nothing else. They need to know that they are absolutely shunned in the communities that they infect, like the plague carrying parasites they are, that if something terrible is to happen to them one day, all of their neighbors will simply stand and watch and no one will come to their aid.