• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

Back around 1980 I remember when American factories began to shut down and the work / jobs were sent to China. Manufacturer's were saying "We can produce the same item at a much lower cost"... 50 years later, I ask "How's that working out" ?

SHANGHAI, April 25 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Thursday called on China to provide a level playing field for American businesses as he began a visit aimed at resolving a raft of contentious issues that could jeopardise the newly repaired relationship.
Blinken's trip is the latest high-level contact between the two nations that, along with working groups on issues from global trade to military communication, have tempered the public acrimony that drove relations to historic lows early last year.
But Washington and Beijing have been increasingly at odds over how American companies operate in China, Chinese exports and manufacturing capacity, and strains are also growing over Beijing's backing of Russia in its war in Ukraine.

Reactions: devildog93
U48OEjpiFOSx.png

Just that we are both from Louisiana.
Perhaps we speak a different language.
Good of you to take notice.
He stepped into a crappy position at a bad time.
I always pull for the under dog.
Go Tigers.
Why did you buddy Johnson cast the vote breaking the tie on requiring warrants for FISA? FISA is a tool of the swamp/Democrats to target their enemies. Johnson made a clear, unambiguous choice to be a RINO. Why vote Republican? You mention Republicans need to "hold the line" - so Conservative Republicans should bow to the RINOs?

Back around 1980 I remember when American factories began to shut down and the work / jobs were sent to China. Manufacturer's were saying "We can produce the same item at a much lower cost"... 50 years later, I ask "How's that working out" ?

SHANGHAI, April 25 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Thursday called on China to provide a level playing field for American businesses as he began a visit aimed at resolving a raft of contentious issues that could jeopardise the newly repaired relationship.
Blinken's trip is the latest high-level contact between the two nations that, along with working groups on issues from global trade to military communication, have tempered the public acrimony that drove relations to historic lows early last year.
But Washington and Beijing have been increasingly at odds over how American companies operate in China, Chinese exports and manufacturing capacity, and strains are also growing over Beijing's backing of Russia in its war in Ukraine.

The root cause of this was the financial engineering of our manufacturing base by the elitist on Wall Street. They reaped trillions by selling out workers and and gutting our cities. The tools and machinery coming out of China are crap and and just wind up in the garbage when they break. Yet the very same people who created this mess will donate billions to radical environmental groups who are hell bent on reducing our standard of living. These people have no shame and a pox on all of them.

Why did you buddy Johnson cast the vote breaking the tie on requiring warrants for FISA? FISA is a tool of the swamp/Democrats to target their enemies. Johnson made a clear, unambiguous choice to be a RINO. Why vote Republican? You mention Republicans need to "hold the line" - so Conservative Republicans should bow to the RINOs?
The Freedom Caucus is "Dividing the House". When they don't get their way there is always a "scrape goat". There always will be one for that group.
At times I think the Freedom Caucus is a tool of the Deep State with the plan to "divide and conquer". It is working.

The final product wasn’t enough to completely satisfy most of the conservative hardliners that have long been a thorn in House Speaker Mike Johnson’s side. But they ultimately settled on a change to the program’s regular expiration date to two years from five years. They did that with the hope of enacting significant reforms later down the line should Donald Trump win back the White House in 2024 and be positioned through his administration to shape the contours of the next version of legislation.

If you would have lived in Louisiana during the years of Governor Edwin Edwards what you are seeing today would be minor league.
Let the good times roll.
LA has a storied political history within the state, that is for sure, like the IL of the South. On a federal level it has been a little better but Johnson has been a traitor to the Republican party.

Another expensive "feel good" for the community. More "after the fact" reporting.
We'll see how many killin's happen over the next few months.

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Baton Rouge Police Department held a news conference about recent shootings in the city on Monday, March 25, at BRPD headquarters. Chief Thomas Morse Jr. said the year started with a noticeable uptick in serious violent crimes.
“Year-to-date, we’ve had 26 actual homicides. This month alone, our city has had 28 separate shooting incidents. That’s absolutely unacceptable,” Morse said.

“This is about enforcement, but we can’t forget investment because we will never arrest our way out of what’s going on,” said Young.

And the cause of the problem is:

Baton Rouge Demographics​

According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Baton Rouge was:
  • Black or African American: 52.53%
  • White: 37.21%
  • Two or more races: 4.04%
  • Asian: 3.82%
  • Other race: 2.23%
  • Native American: 0.16%
  • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0%

The Freedom Caucus is "Dividing the House". When they don't get their way there is always a "scrape goat". There always will be one for that group.
At times I think the Freedom Caucus is a tool of the Deep State with the plan to "divide and conquer". It is working.

The final product wasn’t enough to completely satisfy most of the conservative hardliners that have long been a thorn in House Speaker Mike Johnson’s side. But they ultimately settled on a change to the program’s regular expiration date to two years from five years. They did that with the hope of enacting significant reforms later down the line should Donald Trump win back the White House in 2024 and be positioned through his administration to shape the contours of the next version of legislation.

LA has a storied political history within the state, that is for sure, like the IL of the South. On a federal level it has been a little better but Johnson has been a traitor to the Republican party.
Currently he is the "Lightening Rod" for any group needing a scrape goat. He's getting blamed for almost as much stuff as Trump. I'm sure he will be blamed with the ongoing inflation and global warming.

Another colorful individual in Louisiana history. Today's thugs would not make a pimple on his ass. I hunted and fished in his territory of south Louisiana.

Carlos Joseph Marcello

The Republican RINOs always play the "we will get them next time" card. Why wait until Trump is in office? They have the House majority and they pissed it away. Instead of the "Freedom Caucus" being the bad Republicans - maybe the RINOs are the bad Republicans. Why vote Republican at all if they just cave to the Democrats?

And the cause of the problem is:

Baton Rouge Demographics​

According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Baton Rouge was:
  • Black or African American: 52.53%
  • White: 37.21%
  • Two or more races: 4.04%
  • Asian: 3.82%
  • Other race: 2.23%
  • Native American: 0.16%
  • Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0%
Similar to my thought process of 51% / 49%......
Something very few people take note of. Those recording units are not being placed in the "BAD" neighborhoods because that would be seen as racial.
Welcome to the Deep South.

Reactions: Mwalex
Currently he is the "Lightening Rod" for any group needing a scrape goat. He's getting blamed for almost as much stuff as Trump. I'm sure he will be blamed with the ongoing inflation and global warming.

Lightning not lightening.
Scape goat not scrape goat.

Damn I hate when people get grammar AND
spelling wrong at the same time.

In the same timeframe American Agriculture was facing the same issues but in Mexico and South America. Our frozen food farmer co-op's that had been providing premium fresh market products to firms such as Birdseye were shafted and left holding the bag. Birdseye and the like started buying broccoli at .15 per pound in Mexico where the USA farmers had to charge .30 per lb. Co-ops work on retains where the co-op pays a small amount upfront and then pays the retains to the farmers as the sales are made. In short the co-op white boxes all the frozen food in their freezers and then labels them when sold. Birdseye and ilk pulled out without notice and the all the frozen food co-ops lost millions and folded, so the farmers holding millions in retains never saw a dime. Same for flower growers, the cost of NG to warm the hot houses during the winter made them uncompetitive with South America. Globalization killed off or made uncompetitive fresh market agriculture and flowers.

Last edited:

I've been saying this for years. The raw data in the ice cores proves no correlation. If CO2 was responsible for the climate there would HAVE to be a direct correlation. There isn't. It's all over the place and seems to have little to do with the overall temperature.

The ONLY reason this fraud is perpetuated is because we generate a tiny amount of it. The substance actually responsible for the greenhouse effect is water vapor, period. But we have no control over that, so it's useless to communists.