• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

That is for 10-14 year olds, and it shows 2000-2017. Big swing and a miss on both counts, bro.
View attachment 7561988

Fuckface.

That is the age groups safes are designed to prevent access to.

A determined adult is going to get in most any other safe or use other methods.

What the fuck is a death of despair?

Who made those stats - Fauci?

Fuckface.

That is the age groups safes are designed to prevent access to.

A determined adult is going to get in most any other safe or use other methods.

What the fuck is a death of despair?

Who made those stats - Fauci?
lol. you said that suicide was barely heard of in the 70s when you were a kid. you hadn't even heard of it until the kamikaze pilots.

a death of despair is suicide plus drugs plus alcohol.

they are from the US Congress Joint Economic Committee.

#factcheck

lol. you said that suicide was barely heard of in the 70s when you were a kid. you hadn't even heard of it until the kamikaze pilots.

a death of despair is suicide plus drugs plus alcohol.

they are from the US Congress Joint Economic Committee.

#factcheck

Death of Despair encompasses all those methods than the other three are broken down individually.

Yep the true idea of suicide - consciously determined to end your life - didnt register with me until I learned about kamikazes. I clearly remember the moment. I remember wondering about the fear they felt of hitting the deck of the ship and wondered if they felt pain of the engine passing through their body. The idea of instantaneous death didnt register with me.

Felt the same way thinking about suicide bombers such as at the Marine Barracks and other bombings of the early 80s......the idea of individual life taking due to depression, though it probably happened, we didnt hear of it.

It became a family experience just after I got out of the Marine Corps so I am familiar with it in the family.

Maybe because of all that liberal death cult hanging around you do it was a much more familiar thing in your circles.

Death of Despair encompasses all those methods than the other three are broken down individually.

Yep the true idea of suicide - consciously determined to end your life - didnt register with me until I learned about kamikazes. I clearly remember the moment. I remember wondering about the fear they felt of hitting the deck of the ship and wondered if they felt pain of the engine passing through their body. The idea of instantaneous death didnt register with me.

Felt the same way thinking about suicide bombers such as at the Marine Barracks and other bombings of the early 80s......the idea of individual life taking due to depression, though it probably happened, we didnt hear of it.

It became a family experience just after I got out of the Marine Corps so I am familiar with it in the family.

Maybe because of all that liberal death cult hanging around you do it was a much more familiar thing in your circles.
Not sure what a liberal death cult is.

All I am saying is that the movie that, in 1980, won best picture, best director, best supporting actor and best screenplay was literally about teen suicide. It has been a problem for a long time. We all know the stories of people jumping to their deaths during the crash of 1929. It is part of American lore. Suicide has been a worldwide issue basically forever. I agree with you that it has almost zero to do with gun safes, but that doesn't change the reality of history, which is basically what you want to do.

Growing up...every house had firearms.

If they were not in some sort of display cabinet they were in the laundry room, in vinyl cases, stacked unceremoniously near the washer and dryer.

and.....

We handled all of them.

Yet we never shot each other. We checked and cleared them. Checked them out than put them away.

My first understanding of suicide was seeing a picture of a Japanese plane flying into a ship...perhaps the Bunker Hill....it horrified me in the sense I couldn't understand how someone could take their own life.

This was 1978 or so.

Suicide as an accepted tactic or solution was still viewed as to the unacceptable extreme.

Guessing I dont need to say things are different today.

The number getting clergy or nuns telling them murder even of self is bad are fewer.

Many more images these days of suicide used not only as a military tactic but as a life solution are available in the news or popular culture.

Sure it happened back in the day but it was hidden. The family in which it occurred suffered uncalled for shame and these things were "hidden".

Today we have familiarity, untreated mental illness, drugs, ideation I understand why we need the steel boxes but in addition to the steel box we should work on the other issues.
I've had firearms around me my entire life. My dad had them in the house, hanging on walls, in drawers, etc.. One of my worst ass whipping's, was when I was about 5 y.o. and the ol' man, caught me in their bedroom, were my dad kept a 22mag. Ruger Blackhawk rev. in the headboard. He caught me touching that gun and proceeded to whip my ass. My ass burned so bad, I had to stand at the dinner table, to eat. Guess what?? I never touched that gun again, unless dad was there, and to this day, I've never forgot that ass whipping. Mac

Last edited:
Sorry about the tardy response to this - I had to spend yesterday dealing with some of my dad's medical issues instead of arguing on the 'net.

Yes, I agree that we've got a culture or society problem that forces us to lock away our firearms. Trust me when I say that I would love to proudly display many of my ugly-in-a-beautiful-way pieces in my office, and if my webcam just so happened to pick up a glimpse of angular Elite Sand art while on a call with a client, so be it.

But, I have pre-adolescent boys in the house, both of whom are being trained in the concepts and practice of firearms safety but will be entering that tumultuous period of adult emotions and childlike responses. We have statistical data about the suicide rate of 10-14 year olds, and it's rather frightening (it's the leasing cause of death for that age group in an adjacent Midwestern state, and the 2ndh or 3rd-leading case nationwide). The anecdotes - one which was posted here about a member's boss who left his duty pistol unattended for a brief moment (maybe that was you who posted this one?!?), another involving my wife's co-worker and his 12-year-old son who was a promising competitive shooter and a great all-around kid who had a terrible day at school and couldn't put it in perspective before finding an unsecured firearm and taking his life - those are the sort of stories which keep my firearms locked in steel boxes unless I'm in direct control of them.

Is this a societal problem? Yeah, maybe, with a dash of medical malpractice thrown in for good measure. But if I can't fix the root cause, then I must put in place corrective action that at least attempts to alleviate the symptoms.

I've also got a problem with the use of firearms as props (which we must distinguish from the use of firearms as decoration or art - it's a nuanced distinction that I predict will be overlooked or mocked by a small number of members, but so be it). People who sling ARs over their shoulders at marches are often using firearms as props. Politicians who position then oh-so-prominently in the not-so-background of their office are likely using them as props. People who open-carry handguns in certain situations are often using them as props. I have an issue with this; just because I believe that one has rights under both the 1st and 2nd Amendments to do so, doesn't mean that I have to believe it's a good idea. I welcome opposing viewpoints on this because I think it makes for lively and productive debate.

With regards to Ms. Boebert herself, I've yet to determine if she's a useful idiot placed by the Uniparty, or a sincere-but-imperfect vessel for whatever movement that is expected to follow Trump's MAGA. To the extent that she is the latter, I will give her credit for supporting what I believe to be important principles, but in an abrasive fashion that is unlikely to swing the opinion of anyone who doesn't already agree with her. Others may feel that she will be effective in "red-pilling the normies" or whatever the kids call it nowadays. It's OK to disagree.

Alright, time to head back to the hospital and see how the old man is doing.

Only you know your kids and family situation, but I had a completely different philosophy. I have 4 kids, all being adults now. However when they were kids, they learned to shoot no later than 5 years of age. They've had firearms in their hands ever since. They were included in every aspect of firearm ownership. They helped Dad clean the firearms after shooting. Many times they put the firearms away, so they knew where they were stored. If I were doing something with a firearm and the kids walked in, they were welcome to pick 1 firearm to look at, hold and dry fire once.

My kids always knew where all of my firearms were but knew that they were off limit unless Mom or Dad were around. I think that took the mystery away and our firearms were just a part of our family. To them, they knew the dangers of the firearm but when treated with respect they were nothing to fear.

As far as potential suicide with one of the firearms, the kids knew that I'd kill them if they committed suicide with one of my firearms <haha>. Seriously, we had some issues with my daughter as a teen but talking later in life, she said she never considered using our firearms to hurt herself. I guess we were lucky or we taught them right. I don't know which, but I'm thankful.

But I do think that when firearms in the house are some mystic, prohibited thing, that's when kids do something stupid. Don't get me wrong, the parents are at fault too. I bleieve the parents need to be more open about the firearms in the house. You shouldn't be any more afraid of a firearm than you are of a hammer. A kid can take a firearm to the head of a sibling and do just as much damage, but for some reason we as a society think that only firearms are dangerous and can kill.

I think the bottom line is that suicide is a big problem, and always has been. It is removed from the issue of guns. They may be an "easier" way to do it, but there are so many ways in any house to kill yourself that a gun is hardly necessary. I do think it is good policy for a person with kids to use a safe if only because they will be persecuted if their kid uses their gun for ill and it turns out they were not secured. In this day and age, it is simply better risk management, whether or not it matters on a reality level.

1613840429462.jpeg

Let’s see here...How can we defend this?

I guess story problems like this are out now. “If you have 10 acres of cotton and 15 slaves to pick it. How many Irish indentured servants are too drunk to help?”

• Haha
Reactions: 10ring'r
I guess story problems like this are out now. “If you have 10 acres of cotton and 15 slaves to pick it. How many Irish indentured servants are too drunk to help?”

Um, all of em are too drunk to help. I don’t remember math being that easy

This is a super misleading list. Most groups any normal person would consider "white" are well above the "white" average, while other "white" groups, like Middle Easterners and central and south Americans bring the "white" numbers down. IOW, Iraqi, Puerto Rican and Mexican, all "white" for the sake of grouped statistics, are at the bottom of the list, while Austrian, Italian, Greek, Russian, Swiss, Norwegian etc are very much at the top.

Not sure what a liberal death cult is.

All I am saying is that the movie that, in 1980, won best picture, best director, best supporting actor and best screenplay was literally about teen suicide. It has been a problem for a long time. We all know the stories of people jumping to their deaths during the crash of 1929. It is part of American lore. Suicide has been a worldwide issue basically forever. I agree with you that it has almost zero to do with gun safes, but that doesn't change the reality of history, which is basically what you want to do.

No I am not.

But fact that suicide was not a "featured fact" of society the way it is now.

liberal death cult is exactly as it sounds - abortion as birth control, continuous state of war, euthanasia on demand, killing off the elderly, policies that contribute to death - sounds pretty death cult to me.

This is a super misleading list. Most groups any normal person would consider "white" are well above the "white" average, while other "white" groups, like Middle Easterners and central and south Americans bring the "white" numbers down. IOW, Iraqi, Puerto Rican and Mexican, all "white" for the sake of grouped statistics, are at the bottom of the list, while Austrian, Italian, Greek, Russian, Swiss, Norwegian etc are very much at the top.

A persons "whiteness" is determined by which side of the agenda they are on.

George Zimmermann introduced us to that phenomena.....

what would happen if we sorted by religion? who are really the rich and privileged?

FT_16.09.29_wealthReligiousGroups-3.png

No I am not.

But fact that suicide was not a "featured fact" of society the way it is now.

liberal death cult is exactly as it sounds - abortion as birth control, continuous state of war, euthanasia on demand, killing off the elderly, policies that contribute to death - sounds pretty death cult to me.
lol. WTF is a featured fact. The bottom line is that suicide in the US has been at about the same levels since the 1920s, and probably before. It has been featured in television and film etc. You might not have known about it, but that speaks to your awareness. I will grant that there is more information about everything now, because of the internet, but that is a given.
what would happen if we sorted by religion?
Ooh. Is this when we break out the Protocols of the Elders of Zion?
White is white. Austrian Norwegian etc are nationalities.
For these statistics, they have subgroups for each of the major headings. In other words, white encompasses, European, Central and South American and Middle Eastern, for the most part. So the "white" number reflects an odd mix of groups, not the typical European white that comes to mind with the word. It also means all hispanics and arabs.

A persons "whiteness" is determined by which side of the agenda they are on.

George Zimmermann introduced us to that phenomena.....
For statistical purposes, white has a definition. For political purposes it is a different definition. George Zimmerman only introduced that to people who didn't understand that before. It wasn't a new phenomenon. Also, note phenomenon is singular, phenomena is the plural.

Many, many years ago, my best friend committed suicide, he was 19. We grew up together all our lives he was like my brother. Best friend and were always together. Never saw it coming. In hindsight, perhaps there were warnings, idk.

He didnt shoot himself but he certainly had the access to...

Had another friend attempt suicide. Didnt succeed. His pops walked in with him unconscious hanging from the end of a rope. Went to visit him in the hospital and told him he was the dumbest motherfucker I knew and that I should kick his ass right there to put his family through that shit. Selfish fucking ass.

He got help and is doing good now. He needed someone to say it, imo...

Im just saying if someone has true intent to take their own life, they will and you aint going to stop them. Some might give warnings, some may not...at least ones that you notice at the time.

Now, I am not trying to be a cold-hearted ass. Its just how I see the situation. Some people have demons, Idk. Ive seen it many times and perhaps it clouds my ability to reason through it. Ive seen people actually drink themselves to death...any different? Not to me.

Keeping firearms in a safe is good. To me safes and locking cabinets are to keep the innocents...well, innocent, nothing really more than that. Accidents happen too, and they should ALL be preventable. Every household is different, every kid is different, etc.

Training kids to respect firearms from a young age is a great start. How to check for clear (really, really check), manipulate actions, make safe, muzzle discipline...all that and more...yall know the drill.

Talking to your kids and being part of their life...even better. Way better.

Im just saying if someone is truly intent on taking their life...well, thats a different issue than a firearm issue...

Is it worse today? I think so. Or at least it seems it is. Social media, social pressures, drugs, alcohol, etc have IMO only added to the potential problem.

That is for 10-14 year olds, and it shows 2000-2017. Big swing and a miss on both counts, bro.
View attachment 7561988

You can't even read your own fucking graphs
You said "flat to slightly down" from 70s
Nothing on your own chart indicates that. They were flat, but haven't been since 2010.
Hell we know you like to take a bit of artistic liberty but....shit.

You can't even read your own fucking graphs
You said "flat to slightly down" from 70s
Nothing on your own chart indicates that. They were flat, but haven't been since 2010.
Hell we know you like to take a bit of artistic liberty but....shit.

They have been down in general over that period, and now are about flat with the 70s. Admittedly, they are likely much higher this last year because of people being locked down at home, losing jobs etc.

It is not a comment about a single data point, but about the new suicide time period in question as referenced by pmclaine.

Only you know your kids and family situation, but I had a completely different philosophy. I have 4 kids, all being adults now. However when they were kids, they learned to shoot no later than 5 years of age. They've had firearms in their hands ever since. They were included in every aspect of firearm ownership. They helped Dad clean the firearms after shooting. Many times they put the firearms away, so they knew where they were stored. If I were doing something with a firearm and the kids walked in, they were welcome to pick 1 firearm to look at, hold and dry fire once.

My kids always knew where all of my firearms were but knew that they were off limit unless Mom or Dad were around. I think that took the mystery away and our firearms were just a part of our family. To them, they knew the dangers of the firearm but when treated with respect they were nothing to fear.

As far as potential suicide with one of the firearms, the kids knew that I'd kill them if they committed suicide with one of my firearms <haha>. Seriously, we had some issues with my daughter as a teen but talking later in life, she said she never considered using our firearms to hurt herself. I guess we were lucky or we taught them right. I don't know which, but I'm thankful.

But I do think that when firearms in the house are some mystic, prohibited thing, that's when kids do something stupid. Don't get me wrong, the parents are at fault too. I bleieve the parents need to be more open about the firearms in the house. You shouldn't be any more afraid of a firearm than you are of a hammer. A kid can take a firearm to the head of a sibling and do just as much damage, but for some reason we as a society think that only firearms are dangerous and can kill.

When my kids got old enough, and the reality of life is that they see me with a gun almost daily.....as soon as they were "aware" they were introduced to the idea that at any time they had curiosity and wanted to handle a firearm just ask - I would make it safe and they could handle it all they want.

At most maybe three times they asked to hold and handle the firearm.

They have absolutely no interest now. They have their own .22 sinfgle shots and like to carry them when in the woods but they are not enthusiasts.

I have many co-workers that likely dont secure their stuff. Complacency or they dont have kids yet.

Last boss, and Im not putting any blame on him, threw his bag down for a minute and thats all it took for his son to find it. The family was destroyed. I knew his son had a lot of problems medically and I didnt understand what he was going through at the time. I think his son actually had what my son now has - a reaction to strep (PANDAS). Im fortunate that I have found the best possible care available, likely in the world, while anyone from say ten years ago was told their kids were having psychological issues rather than medical and they could not get proper treatment.

I had my safe as soon as I could afford one not only to keep my kids from succumbing to curiosity but more so to keep their friends away.

Ive had two dealings with uber lib parents and guns...one approached me and asked me to take his kid shooting. I made a syllabus, we went to breakfast, the kids shot and the dad really had a great time. The other I asked mom if it would be okay during a slow summer day to take the two boys to the gun club and shoot .22. I invited her or her husband along they never got back to me.

If you ask me the first parent has a kid now way better prepared to keep himself safe.

Ive done school talks where the first 30 minutes is a lecture to me about how I am not allowed to talk about any of the gear on my belt. Teachers tell the class "We will not ask the police officers anything about their guns". Talk occurs and at question time all the hands go in the air and always the first question is about guns. Those meet and greets end fast because the kids dont have other questions.

On other school talks they forget to put restrictions on the conversation. When the first question about guns comes up they get a lecture on guns and gun safety. These talks work. When my kid was real little - just mobile - we were at a friends house and they have an older boy. My son came to me after having had my talks about never playing with guns and told me he saw something bad. It turned out being a realistic looking Uzi the older boy played with - I was kind of shocked by the realism because I thought cool toy guns disappeared in favor of fluorescent green and yellow ones. He got an attaboy for that.

When my kids got old enough, and the reality of life is that they see me with a gun almost daily.....as soon as they were "aware" they were introduced to the idea that at any time they had curiosity and wanted to handle a firearm just ask - I would make it safe and they could handle it all they want.

At most maybe three times they asked to hold and handle the firearm.

They have absolutely no interest now. They have their own .22 sinfgle shots and like to carry them when in the woods but they are not enthusiasts.

I have many co-workers that likely dont secure their stuff. Complacency or they dont have kids yet.

Last boss, and Im not putting any blame on him, threw his bag down for a minute and thats all it took for his son to find it. The family was destroyed. I knew his son had a lot of problems medically and I didnt understand what he was going through at the time. I think his son actually had what my son now has - a reaction to strep (PANDAS). Im fortunate that I have found the best possible care available, likely in the world, while anyone from say ten years ago was told their kids were having psychological issues rather than medical and they could not get proper treatment.

I had my safe as soon as I could afford one not only to keep my kids from succumbing to curiosity but more so to keep their friends away.

Ive had two dealings with uber lib parents and guns...one approached me and asked me to take his kid shooting. I made a syllabus, we went to breakfast, the kids shot and the dad really had a great time. The other I asked mom if it would be okay during a slow summer day to take the two boys to the gun club and shoot .22. I invited her or her husband along they never got back to me.

If you ask me the first parent has a kid now way better prepared to keep himself safe.

Ive done school talks where the first 30 minutes is a lecture to me about how I am not allowed to talk about any of the gear on my belt. Teachers tell the class "We will not ask the police officers anything about their guns". Talk occurs and at question time all the hands go in the air and always the first question is about guns. Those meet and greets end fast because the kids dont have other questions.

On other school talks they forget to put restrictions on the conversation. When the first question about guns comes up they get a lecture on guns and gun safety. These talks work. When my kid was real little - just mobile - we were at a friends house and they have an older boy. My son came to me after having had my talks about never playing with guns and told me he saw something bad. It turned out being a realistic looking Uzi the older boy played with - I was kind of shocked by the realism because I thought cool toy guns disappeared in favor of fluorescent green and yellow ones. He got an attaboy for that.

1000% agree on a safe to keep your kids friends honest.

Peer pressure is real.

That was also one of the several primary factors for me.

Reactions: TACC
we can ignore it, but who controls the content of the media and is pushing the white people are bad propaganda?

They have been down in general over that period, and now are about flat with the 70s. Admittedly, they are likely much higher this last year because of people being locked down at home, losing jobs etc.

It is not a comment about a single data point, but about the new suicide time period in question as referenced by pmclaine.
Did you just "Circle Back", you did didn't you.
Running-On-Empty-infertility-2.jpg

And who is that?
Did you really need to ask that? I mean it’s like in the faces of everyone right now and being shoved straight up our asses from the biggest Media outlets. Almost every day and each night on CNN, MSNBC, etc, etc, etc and some various times even on FOX, some turd muncher spouts off some form of deranged crap that the color of your skin and the way you voted now dictates the level of racism you contain. It’s utterly the biggest bunch of crap floating around now.

and, just to touch on the suicidal actions right now, multiple teenage boys have done the deed in our area right off their docks into waterway with firearms, along with multiple adults taking the 300ft plunge off the bridge all over this current bullcorn. Shit is out of control and nobody is doing shit all to correct it........ 😡

Did you really need to ask that? I mean it’s like in the faces of everyone right now and being shoved straight up our asses from the biggest Media outlets. Almost every day and each night on CNN, MSNBC, etc, etc, etc and some various times even on FOX, some turd muncher spouts off some form of deranged crap that the color of your skin and the way you voted now dictates the level of racism you contain. It’s utterly the biggest bunch of crap floating around now.

and, just to touch on the suicidal actions right now, multiple teenage boys have done the deed in our area right off their docks into waterway with firearms, along with multiple adults taking the 300ft plunge off the bridge all over this current bullcorn. Shit is out of control and nobody is doing shit all to correct it........ 😡

Didn't someone suggest a reset? How better to accomplish that by having folks off themselves?

Oh, you are damn right about the media. But I was referring to LBCs love of listing random Jewish names every time he started to complain about the media. The media is garbage, but on the other hand, if you don't know that by now, and haven't recalibrated your thinking for it, then that is on you. It isn't like this is a new phenomenon. It's been that way at least as long as I have been alive. It is just that nobody bothers to hide it at all now.

There is no doubt that the COVID restriction madness has led to an increase in suicides, and probably other anti-social behavior. My point, again, was that it is lunacy to think suicide is a new issue in this country. It has been bad for a long time. Predictably, it ebbs and flows with war and economic crisis.

Oh, you are damn right about the media. But I was referring to LBCs love of listing random Jewish names every time he started to complain about the media. The media is garbage, but on the other hand, if you don't know that by now, and haven't recalibrated your thinking for it, then that is on you. It isn't like this is a new phenomenon. It's been that way at least as long as I have been alive. It is just that nobody bothers to hide it at all now.

There is no doubt that the COVID restriction madness has led to an increase in suicides, and probably other anti-social behavior. My point, again, was that it is lunacy to think suicide is a new issue in this country. It has been bad for a long time. Predictably, it ebbs and flows with war and economic crisis.

I never said suicide is a new issue.

It just used to be less prevalent and a much more less talked about thing (your stats do show an upward trend). If it happened in a family kids were probably told "Uncle Billy had a heart attack" but there seemed to be some whispering they didn't fathom every time Billy was brought up.

It wasnt portrayed graphically on media....no violence was shown the way it is now. The real fear of Jaws was what they were not showing and what your imagination conjured.

Last edited:

seems to me when i look back that it was you that steered it to religion (you claimed we cannot rate by ethnicity) and then when income by religion was presented, you brought up elders of zion, which i have not read but i assume it is something about world domination?

seems to me when i look back that it was you that steered it to religion (you claimed we cannot rate by ethnicity) and then when income by religion was presented, you brought up elders of zion, which i have not read but i assume it is something about world domination?
That's not what I said. What I said is that you have to understand that "white" technically includes a lot of what could be described as underclass whites. The meme you posted was created to give a different impression, that whites, as understood as European Whites, were making less money, when in reality they are not. I was just telling you to look at data instead of memes.

Sorry, I’m just so over this ‘white’ crap. I have such great friends and relatives of every ethnic group, yet I am being rated as racist against them.

I live with a woman who is straight up Irish/Sioux, probably the most aggressive angry ‘piss off wanker/scalping killer’ combo on the planet (Somehow I am still alive and haven’t been taken out by a 5’2” spider monkey) and, even she, being what she is and proud of it, is so over it and totally believes it’s shit.

Reactions: Sandhog308
Sorry, I’m just so over this ‘white’ crap. I have such great friends and relatives of every ethnic group, yet I am being rated as racist against them.

I live with a woman who is straight up Irish/Sioux, probably the most aggressive angry ‘piss off wanker/scalping killer’ combo on the planet (Somehow I am still alive and haven’t been taken out by a 5’2” spider monkey) and, even she, being what she is and proud of it, is so over it and totally believes it’s shit.
Yeah, I think we all are over it. However, there is a difference in talking about white people as in "white people are bad privileged people who need to be deprogrammed" and talking about "how do we understand the category white when reading government statistics." The second is necessary because understanding them colloquially is a tool people use to make arguments in the first category. It is not dissimilar from the need to understand what "assault weapon" means vs "assault rifle." Understanding and controlling language is everything in policy.