• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

I agree with this. I haven't listened in a while but saw his show last night and a lot on Ukraine (though he hit the SCOTUS carbon unit hard). Some bits are correct that China, Iran, and NK are watching how we respond. However, what concerns me and should concern everybody is how Ukraine played a roll in the 2020 election and all sorts of marxist (and I'm sure others) money laundering. The biden/soros/klinton/schwab connections are totally worrisome and we should prosecute those folks as well (war or no war). I won't even mention Nazi vs Oligarchy here, nor protect our own damn border first!!
You can add Fauci and Gates to that list too.

20220328_120044.jpg
20220328_120102.jpg
20220328_120122.jpg
20220328_120151.jpg
20220328_120218.jpg
20220328_120239.jpg

Not convinced it wasn't set up; but Rock just took it and depending on how one views the proper response, it's pretty shocking it wasn't a brawl. However, the tone of Smith's voice was pretty genuine...then again, he's an actor. ABC/Disney knew their rating would be low, so maybe they conjured it up.

If no charges filed, I'd be shocked. Apparently there is also a history between these two. However, nobody tried to run to the stage to break it up, no security, nothing. He just went back to his seat (from all the video I've seen anyway).
what a world we live in, where the FIRST thing we stop to process is "is this a put on?"

i am not disputing your knowlege, or what you say.

i would like to point out though, that everytime something happens, it's easily dismissed by "oh, well THAT particular one was flawed". most folks see that, and take notice. it makes people like me say "ok...so what is the next "design flaw excuse" they'll use when shit hits the fan? i think that is why folks get twitchy. the other thing is, there is ALWAYS shit that can happen that no one could anticipate aka...."murphy's law"
I hear you but having worked in the field and another 37 years of construction/engineering experience related I can assure you that nuke power is likely the safest, practical way we have to produce energy we have other than solar and wind which don't do shit IMO. I'm well aware of Murphy's law and have seen it happen a time or two.
As part of my training on building fuel core assemblies I had to go through a reactor operator's training course. although it was rather abbreviated from the actual certification course, those of us in the class knew the ramifications if we fucked something up.
And always QC and QA are looking over your shoulder at everything you do.
And look at how many reactors the USN operates on ships and subs (sort of risky places) and nary an incident that I can recall although there may be a few. The Navy nuke guys I worked with at my time at Idaho INL were some of the most knowledgeable and professional folks I've ever worked with.

I hear you but having worked in the field and another 37 years of construction/engineering experience related I can assure you that nuke power is likely the safest, practical way we have to produce energy we have other than solar and wind which don't do shit IMO. I'm well aware of Murphy's law and have seen it happen a time or two.
As part of my training on building fuel core assemblies I had to go through a reactor operator's training course. although it was rather abbreviated from the actual certification course, those of us in the class knew the ramifications if we fucked something up.
And look at how many reactors the USN operates on ships and subs (sort of risky places) and nary an incident that I can recall although there may be a few. The Navy nuke guys I worked with at my time at Idaho INL were some of the most knowledgeable and professional folks I've ever worked with.
i am in no danger of promoting wind or solar, just for the record.

I'll just respond to this one, since it mentions a lot of good talking points.
1) Why we don't try the "USN" reactor localized for more regions I don't know - but as you said, how many meltdowns have they had? Heck, they may have had a few for all we know; but somebody would have talked by now.
2) Solar...I'm all for it but as a SUPPLEMENT. I still don't think the cells are nearly efficient enough.
3) Hydro. Why do we not explore tidal power generation on the coasts? Is it completely unreasonable? Hell, seems waves have a TON of energy (or they feel that way when even a 6 footer breaks on you).
4) Wind...perhaps the biggest loser of them all IMO, at least on a grand scale like we're trying to do now. How about a personal windmill, solar on peoples roofs that ASSIST power in their home and can be sold back into the grid. Or, am I thinking way too out of the box here?
5) Batteries or fuel cells to store the energy not used, but captured. I hear a lot of rumblings about graphene batteries. Batteries and good power converters would be necessary for "off perfect" day/night.

And...here is the REAL question. What weather/climate changes do covering stuff with solar and windmills do? Harnessing wave power? Pollution from batteries? Heck, it's very likely it was intended in the grand design that we use fossil fuels until we can come up with a truly revolutionary power - like dilithium crystals (matter/antimatter reactor) :) :). Granted, those are super dangerous too ;).

I'll just respond to this one, since it mentions a lot of good talking points.
1) Why we don't try the "USN" reactor localized for more regions I don't know - but as you said, how many meltdowns have they had? Heck, they may have had a few for all we know; but somebody would have talked by now.
2) Solar...I'm all for it but as a SUPPLEMENT. I still don't think the cells are nearly efficient enough.
3) Hydro. Why do we not explore tidal power generation on the coasts? Is it completely unreasonable? Hell, seems waves have a TON of energy (or they feel that way when even a 6 footer breaks on you).
4) Wind...perhaps the biggest loser of them all IMO, at least on a grand scale like we're trying to do now. How about a personal windmill, solar on peoples roofs that ASSIST power in their home and can be sold back into the grid. Or, am I thinking way too out of the box here?
5) Batteries or fuel cells to store the energy not used, but captured. I hear a lot of rumblings about graphene batteries. Batteries and good power converters would be necessary for "off perfect" day/night.

And...here is the REAL question. What weather/climate changes do covering stuff with solar and windmills do? Harnessing wave power? Pollution from batteries? Heck, it's very likely it was intended in the grand design that we use fossil fuels until we can come up with a truly revolutionary power - like dilithium crystals (matter/antimatter reactor) :) :). Granted, those are super dangerous too ;).
Many companies use storage batteries to offset energy cost. It's not to run everything. It's to be used during peak hours to keep operational cost down. The systems can save companies a ton of money depending on their energy usage and where the company is located.

Reactions: BytorJr
Many companies use storage batteries to offset energy cost. It's not to run everything. It's to be used during peak hours to keep operational cost down. The systems can save companies a ton of money depending on their energy usage and where the company is located.
Agree. I guess my point was we can supplement power generation, but we'll likely (if sanity prevails) not do away with internal combusion, power plants in favor of windmills, solar panels for quite some time.

At least the good news is Yamaha is still trying to develop a hydrogen internal combustion engine. There is hope for us motorheads.

Agree. I guess my point was we can supplement power generation, but we'll likely (if sanity prevails) not do away with internal combusion, power plants in favor of windmills, solar panels for quite some time.

At least the good news is Yamaha is still trying to develop a hydrogen internal combustion engine. There is hope for us motorheads.
UPS (un-interruptible power supply) has been around for a long time. Usually used in smaller data centers before a transfer switch can spin up a back up generator. I've never heard of anyone using a UPS bank to do peak shaving.
As far as the "small scale" Navy nuke reactors being deployed for commercial power generation, there was some proposal to this not too many years ago by either a former DOE secretary or congress critter that made sense to me. As I recall the proposal was to locate them on current military bases since security is already in place and most are already hooked int the power grid. The only challenge would be proximity and access to a cooling source (lake, river) and grid connection.
I am not familiar with current USN reactor design but in my past experience they use a sea water to fresh water conversion heat exchanger so if there was a core leak it would not go into the environment so isolated system. Any USN guys feel free to correct me as I've been out of this for many years.

Given the fact that the media spews nothing but shit out of their asses for as long as everybody could see, such as trying to pass off Knob Creek MG Shoot footage as "Syria combat", CGI explosions in Lviv, poll numbers can be jacked of--- I mean jacked up. Or they just polled all of the skinny jeans soyboys working in the Google or Facebook HQ buildings...

Sniffin' Joe's REAL approval rating among the actual, American working communities is probably so low that even Zippo lighters stop functioning.
02BFEA30-B1EB-40D7-B5FD-7E67C8166EC8.jpeg

UPS (un-interruptible power supply) has been around for a long time. Usually used in smaller data centers before a transfer switch can spin up a back up generator. I've never heard of anyone using a UPS bank to do peak shaving.
As far as the "small scale" Navy nuke reactors being deployed for commercial power generation, there was some proposal to this not too many years ago by either a former DOE secretary or congress critter that made sense to me. As I recall the proposal was to locate them on current military bases since security is already in place and most are already hooked int the power grid. The only challenge would be proximity and access to a cooling source (lake, river) and grid connection.
I am not familiar with current USN reactor design but in my past experience they use a sea water to fresh water conversion heat exchanger so if there was a core leak it would not go into the environment so isolated system. Any USN guys feel free to correct me as I've been out of this for many years.

There are a lot better designs of small scale, very safe stuff that can essentially run with minimal care for 20 or so years, then get dug back up and shipped back for refueling & refurbishment.

The are also plans for complete re-use of fuel until it essentially is almost inert, but again these are not allowed to be put into production.

Nuclear power is purposely being held back and I would not be surprised if the big oil and gas producing regions are (as may have been proven already) paying off politicians and fringe "environmentalist" groups to suppress nuclear.

Eventually the long term goal of course is fusion reactors, which are always 10 to 20 years in the future, but if we ever get them working and are willing to start using them, it would let humanity evolve to the next stage.

Here's a company that has been selling this product for the last 10 - 15 years for peak shaving. They have a lot of companies in NYC using their products.

IIRC,I believe that USN nuclear reactors also use fuel that contains a higher amount of (~90%) enriched Uranium to reduce size and weight of the core. This is in stark contrast to commercial plants

This will kill the US dollar if it happens

no, china is not that stupid as their reserves are priced in dollars. Also, doing this will not enable them to manipulate the yuan as readily. what will happen is a basket of currencies, not yet anyway and we are decades away as 80% of all global assets are denominated in dollars. we've got time but we need a plan

Last edited:
Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Reactions: Shooter McGavin
There are no words can describe the depth of my hate for this man.

But shit bag, pedo, fucking retard at least scratches the surface...

Biden is everything that is bad about America wrapped in one succinct shit stained package.

My whole point, which has obviously been missed (I think), was that there is almost no way to go completely solar and wind on the level the liberals want. I truly believe the real solution is a smart mixture of things. Windmills are my least favorite (the huge ones, ones for home would be more like the old west to pump water). Yes, you can revert quickly (with things running on UPS then transfer or very fast transfer switch) to a generator or something; but then again, that's using "fossil fuel" most likely (ground rule is liberals want to completely gut that).