• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Possible Charity Shoot

Re: Possible Charity Shoot

Hey divejay, are you shooting this? If not then you need to. Its for a good cause!

im in, money received and all. all good to go.. how about you triton?

HEY GUYS, What do y'all say we bring some cash and have an auction after the prize table? I would be willing to donate (if I am lucky enough to accidentally win anything) for a charity auction.

got a call from leslie, this morning saying the date has change; so if you havent got a call you migh want to call him and ask about it.

I tried calling but got voice mail. His mailbox is full and will not accept any more messages. I would have thought something as important as a match date would be posted.

we plan on having it the first sunday its dry enough. I thought i had everyone called. If you didnt get a phone call its on me. Pm me your number and ill call you as soon as i know something

Received a call from Lesley this morning. Date for the Charity Shoot is now scheduled for March 14th, pending weather conditions. Lesley said that he has about 59 phone call to make.

I'm assuming that after all the rain that we have gotten today and with more on the way the shoot is going to be pushed off again. Does anyone have any new information?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 79M1a-texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Received a call from Lesley this morning. Date for the Charity Shoot is now scheduled for March 14th, pending weather conditions. Lesley said that he has about 59 phone call to make. </div></div>

If this is so please let us know as i have not recieved a call. It would be nice to know and if it winds up being the following weekend I would like to know as well because I will be at the cup and would like to let someone shoot in my place.
Jason

i havent heard of any date change at this time...i hope it goes this weekend, guys dont forget the time change this weekend.

jason, what cup are you going?

He's going to the beer cup drinking challenge this weekend. It's Geordie vs Jason.
I think Jason is going to Loose again.

Hey Sasquatch, Dont you need to go look for a really big couch?
And by the way I may have forgotten my dope card, ear pro, glasses, pistol and/or mag on some of the saturday stages but atleast I remembered how i got back to the room the night before.
Not sure how though! HaHaHa!

Guys,

I don't know if we are on for Sunday or not, but if anybody needs a place to stay, The Veranda Inn is brand new in Nocona. I toured it earlier this week and it is very nice and locally owned. Their number is 940-825-5111.

Hey whats the word on the dates for this? Sorry I'm jumping in so late. Jason, I will take your spot if you cant make it because of the Cup. Wish I could go to the cup, have a four day weekend, but my mother-in-law is haveing breast surgery for her cancer on the 18th and I need to be home with the boys. Let me know man or call me.

at least you remembered how you got back, i didn't remember at all.

i called leslie, he said that they got some rain. hes trying to get another range to have this on. he should have an answer hope by tomorrow.

Just spoke with Leslie this morning. The Charity Shoot was been moved to the Graham, TX Range on March 21st. Be at the range no later than 8:00am. COF will be 200m, 300m and 500m. The Graham Range can handle more than the original limit of 60 shooters, so additional spots are available for new entries. Additional information should be posted here this weekend. If you have questions, call Leslie @ 940-366-1669.

Paul

Hey Nate, Looks like its the 21st. My spot is already paid let me know if you want it. Graham is just north of Possum Kingdom lake and they have recently built a couple of nice hotels. DRY town Though but you can go to LA Familias they have a private bar. The range is about 10 min. from town just past the lake.

Jason

Charity Shoot

The Benefit for Chance Lucas - son of fellow shooter Kent Lucas

Sponsored By: Bat Machine, Bartlien Barrels, Manners Stocks, Surgeon Actions, D&B Supplies, U.S.Optics, S&S Precision, Richard King, Dave Bruno Precision Rifles
Date: Sunday, March 21, 2010
Graham, Texas*
Signup 7:00- 8:00 AM. $100.00 Entry Fee. Shooters meeting and match to follow.
*Graham Range-From Graham follow hwy 380 8 miles towards Newcastle. Turn left W. White road 1.5 miles. Turn right on Gun Range road to range on right.
Prizes will be awarded to the top shooters in both classes.
Please reserve your spot so we can have enough targets on hand. Let us know if you are sharing a gun or a bench with someone.
Contact Leslie Jones (940) 366-1669 to reserve a spot.
Send checks to: Leslie Jones, 301 East Locus, Nocona, TX 76255.
Make checks payable to: Kent Lucas

General Rules
1. Four relays 10 rds. per relay with exception of relay #2 will be 5 rds.
2. Targets will be at 220 yards relays 1 & 2 . Targets will be at 330 yards relay 3 & 550 yards relay 4.
3. Relay 1 shooter will fire 10 rounds into target for score in 5 minutes.
Relay 2 shooter will fire 5 rounds at multiple reactive targets in 2 minutes.
Relay 3 shooter will have 10 rounds to fire at multiple steel targets. Targets will be at 330 yards. With 5 minute time limit.
Relay 4 shooter will have 10 rounds to fire at multiple steel targets at 550 yards. With 5 minute time limit.
Relay 1 points will be as per target score.
Relays 2,3 & 4 all hits are worth – 10 points.
4. Shooters will be allowed, per relay 10 rounds(5 rounds relay #2)at your position and a time limit to shoot them. Any sighters will be out of those rounds. You will be allowed 5 min. prior to the first relay to sight your gun with unlimited rounds.
5. You will need 35 rounds for the match plus sighters and 1 extra for a tie breaker if needed.
6. Most points at the end of the day wins.
7. Ties will be broken by following method; each shooter will be allowed 1 shot at 330 yards. The closest to the center wins.
8. Range officer and scorekeeper will have final say in scoring.
9. There will be a five minute sight in before the 1st relay unlimited rounds.
10. Shooters will provide their own bench, rest, bags, mats etc. 3 shooters per bench max.
11. No loaded guns allowed except on the line when line is hot. Actions shall be open at all times.
12. No alcohol during the match or shooters under the influence.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Rules for Hunter Class</span>
No factory custom guns (Remington 40x, Savage F, Savage target, Cooper, Christian Arms, Jarrett) etc.
Must have factory action-barrel with factory stamping.
Must be .30 cal. Or less
Modifications allowed – bedding, triggers adjustable or replacement and recrowning of barrel.
Max barrel diameter of .990 and length of 28 inch.
No limit on sights.
Hand loads are allowed and encouraged.
No one piece rest or vices.
Sporterized military rifle’s barrel diameter can’t exceed .670

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Open Class rules</span>
.338 cal or less
No rail guns or return to battery.
No one piece rest or vices.
No limit on sights

Hope to see a large turn-out.

Re: Charity Shoot

Okay guys, I have already paid for a spot but cant make it because I will be at the cup. I am donating my entry fee to the lucas family to help with their situation. If anybody would like to shoot in my spot let me know and I will forward the stand-in info. to Leslie.

Hey Divejay, if you are still going and have a friend that would like to take my spot let me know.

Jason

triton:

sorry i dont have any other buddy that i kind think off, right now.
my 2 buddys that got me into this shoot had backed out, so now im looking to see if i can find someone to ride share to this shoot. i migh end up driving solo next weekend.
so anyone that is going to this shoot from the dallas area and wants to team up and split gas pm me.

Hey Jason,

Sorry I missed your call. Im sorry to say but I am not going to be able to shoot this or the TV 4 man. My wife is going out of town and I need to watch the boys. Thanks again and hope to see you at the next TV match.
Nate

whats the fastes way to get to graham, tx. yahoo map said to take 380 from dallas, but not sure is this way is better than take 20 west.
anyone can show some light on this. thank you

just spoke with leslie, the shoot is been postponed not sure on date at this point.

Damn...Leslie is going coyote hunting with all this snow!! It's sticking on the ground here in Bowie. Fixin to make a snowman.
I'll PM Nesikabay (leslie) and didn't get a response..may already be coyote huntin.....

Has anyone heard from Leslie about the new date? I've PM'd but had no luck getting in touch with him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: divejay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats the fastes way to get to graham, tx. yahoo map said to take 380 from dallas, but not sure is this way is better than take 20 west.
anyone can show some light on this. thank you </div></div>

Fastest Way Is a Plane and A parachute!

may 9th & 10th i will be at Larue so try to give us as much notice as possible so i can confirm a back-up shooter. I have no intention of having my check returned to me but i would like someone to shoot in my place. I had one for the graham shoot and hopefully he will be able to cover this one.

Jason

Has anyone realized that May 9th is Mothers Day? Just a warning to everyone. Don't want anyone getting in trouble.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 737SHARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">same as Larue please pick another day
</div></div>

+1

I hope they have already given the funds to the family. We've postponed this thing so many times its beginning to lose interest to some of the shooters.
They announced at Graham shoot last Saturday that it was going to be May 9th.
I'm in either way.