• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Possible SD Prarie Dog Hunt in my Future.

Re: Possible SD Prarie Dog Hunt in my Future.

Well Trevor (Varmint Slayer), you are the fuckin man!

Have to start out with the highlight of our trip. We drove 1300 miles from Toledo, OH to Gillette, WY to meet up with Trevor who I only talked with a few times between here and on the phone, none of us any idea what to expect. Some of the car ride was discussing what kind of guy we thought hed be having never seen or met him.

We pull up to his truck on the exit for the first town, he rolls down his tinted window, tilts down his Oakley's and says, "You FUCKERS ready?" The trip started off on the best foot imaginable and could only get better! And it did!

5 prairie dog virgins travelled 2800 total miles for 3 days of shooting and it was arguably one of the best trips any of us has taken. VS hooked us up with his private towns, our first day kill ratio was probably under 1% due to too much excitement and thinking we could easily take them at 400+, that turned out to be rather difficult to impossible.

Im extremely tired from driving all night and dont have a lot of time to go into huge detail, Im sure Scott and maybe Dan will chime in here also. Long story short we had an amazing trip and thanks to Trevor it was as good as it couldve possibly gotten, good dogging, good friendships made, good food, good times!

Thanks Trevor!

Few pics:

The group
pdog11_271.jpg

The guns(brought the cans along for target shooting, we were able to stretch them out past 1k on steel and rocks, something we dont get to do very often at home!)
pdog11_282.jpg

Nice flyer from Scott's 110gn Vmax
pdog11_024.jpg

Nice spot to stretch our legs, the guns I mean
pdog11_294.jpg

And a small taste of the explosions the 5D caught, sure wish Scott had his 8D for higher frame rate
pdog11_268.jpg

pdog11_200.jpg

pdog11_170.jpg

pdog11_160.jpg

pdog11_125.jpg

pdog11_120.jpg

Another BIG THANKS to Varmint Slayer for showing us such hospitality and his private P-Dog spots, they were amazing, could not believe the view and the abundance of Dogs, His Steel Range was also quite amazing, also a big shout out to his Cousin for his hospitality and also his Wife who let us borrow him for our shooting pleasure.

The pleasure was all mine guys. Im glad that your first trip out shooting p dogs lived up to your expectations and possibly then some. It was funny to watch you guys evolve from the little kids on christmas so excited to shoot at anything within 1000 yards to not really wanting to take a shot further than about 300 yards. Hell I thought that Scott was for sure going to burn his barrel out the first hour you guys were here! But by day three you all had grown to really like to see them fly and fly apart and became a LOT more patient and skeptical about anything much over 300 yards. Also helped a bunch when you guys ditched the benches and went prone and did a little stalking.

All in all im pretty sure that everybody had fun weather it was bustin dogs, bullshitin around the dinner table, or the private showing of how bad ass "Class 3" toys are (my personal favorite by the way). Hope to see you guys again next year and possibly Jon very soon if I can find him a job. Then I would have a new partner in crime, like I need another
grin.gif

I have stopped by this site from time to time to check things out but never bothered to make an account. I figured now was the perfect time. As Jon and Scott have both already stated Varmint Slayer was kind enough to invite 5 total strangers out to shoot at his pdog towns. The shooting was great and as soon as we settled down and started taking his advice it only got better. I personally cant say thanks enough for making this the best hunting trip I have ever been on. Thanks again Trevor!