• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Possible to put a Reticle on a Kowa Eyepiece?

Smokin

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2007
Houston, Texas
I know Zeiss makes eyepieces that have reticles for their scopes. I know that the Kowa 821 is probably one of the most popular spotters used in the shooting community. Will any of the optics outfits modify one of the Kowa eyepieces to accommdoate a reticle?

Re: Possible to put a Reticle on a Kowa Eyepiece?

Yes, Randall will bring his this weekend for you to look at.

Adam,
So youre saying that Randall has a Kowa with a reticle in it????

I'd sure like to know who does this mod. When I tried to explain it to the Kowa reps at SHOT, they simply could not comprehend the concept. I've got a Pentax that will take any astro type eyepiece, I'd love to get a reticle in it.

Please, Do tell if there is someone that will put a reticle in a Kowa eyepiece!!!

Or any others, for that matter.

Just happened on this thread and Damn! that's a good idea. I'd definitely put up some cash for that...

Who is Randall? Is there a way for us to find out how to get a reticle on a Kowa?

Ummm. I'm a little interested in this as well.

CHRIS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Adam,
So youre saying that Randall has a Kowa with a reticle in it????
</div></div>

He printed a reticle on a bunch of small pieces of plastic I think in .001 spacing increments and then compared it with a mil-dot target at like 50 yards. Got one that was just about dead nuts on. The bad thing was the plastic really degraded the image quality.