• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Post your Hunting/Shooting Vehicle Here

CJS-6.5

Full auto flintlock user.
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2017
An important part of our equipment is the vehicle that gets us to where we need to shoot. Post what you drive and why and the pros and cons. I'll start.

2016 Ford Superduty ccsb diesel.

Pros.
Tons of cab and bed space for hauling stuff. Tons of power for towing and going fast. Lots of ground clearance due to lift and big tires. The bed can make a shooting platform in a pinch.

Cons. Expensive to buy, maintain and run.

Here's what I want
What I can afford is a Chev 2009 Trailblazer which has served me pretty well.

Attachments

• photo73686.jpg
    photo73686.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 103
Feel free to chime in on what would be the best hunting/shooting vehicle.

2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 extended cab, bone stock, 235k miles. Goes everywhere I've needed it to.

ETA: I'll eventually get my wife's 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Basically a true 4 door Ranger. It'll be nice to be able to put my stuff on the back seat.

Last edited:
Awesome. After my 73 Nova I had a 87 full-size Blazer that I wish I'd never sold. Then a series of Jeeps. 96 Cherokee, 04 Grand Cherokee, 87 wrangler, 2004 Rubicon Wrangler then my lifestyle required 08 Vortecmax, 09 Toyota tundra, 11 superduty, 12 Ram Cummins and finally 16 F250. As life changes so do our preferences.

Now I'm thinking a 80's Superbox would be nice.

99' Jeep Cherokee Sport, nothin fancy and gets me where I need to go.

Pros: Its paid for, insurance is cheap. Its a straight 6 and starts every single time. I put a 3 " lift, dual batteries and an inverter.

Cons: I get to smell the animal all the way back home, I do have a hitch carrier, so I might use that this year with a cooler. It does not have four way disc brakes, but it will stop.

All in all it is a great vehicle, I keep it garaged and ready to go. Stocked with food, water and all my necessities.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i65.tinypic.com\/s4vxmx.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Awesome! I always wanted a H1 but was scared off due too high maintenance.

Mazda Miata. Perfect because it means we always have to take one of my friends' truck.
c4852abc6bd947775d3a032f0078b1cb.jpg

Found the pic on the web, but mine looks just like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: OlsenG_360
01 Wrangler here. In need of a serious upgrade so I’ve been eyeing a Toyota 4Runner as of late

2016 Ram 2500 4x4. The ramboxs' have been modified to carry 2 long guns each plus other items. No gun bags required.

I have to admit that I always figured that Avalanches were the best for hauling weapons, and then they came out with the ramboxes. So Cummins, solid axle, mega cab, towing and hauling, all the right boxes ticked...oops...tranny went out:(

I have to admit that I always figured that Avalanches were the best for hauling weapons, and then they came out with the ramboxes. So Cummins, solid axle, mega cab, towing and hauling, all the right boxes ticked...oops...tranny went out:(

Hopefully under warranty......:rolleyes:!

Reactions: kai24
Not counting what's used to trailer it out there, but once heading out this is my favorite tool...

Attachments

• photo76462.jpg
    photo76462.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 143lrsd
I don't know if the guy that started this thread is still on here but some of the stuff...:ROFLMAO:

Wonder if this thread was warmed up in the microwave before it was fucked back to life today.

My best hunting vehicle IS OTHER PEOPLES' cars! I've picked up so much fresh roadkilled deer around here I don't have to hunt anymore. Each year 911 dispatch calls me at least 5 times to go pick up a fresh deer hit by a car. (shrugs shoulders)

I'm not gonna turn down free meat, dead less than an hour, laying very conveniently right by the side of the road, and sometimes the cop will wait and help me load it.

Reactions: Colorado S14
I converted this mall-cruising puddlesniffer into a badass backcountry brute. Had every option you could ask for in a luxury truck but that air bag suspension had to go. I stick offroad could puncture those things and you are not moving one more inch.

Before-
1a7c0b4bce37d5c76bcc8880c19eac79.gif
cf21e17ec12b74365212e4954d06a1fd.gif

After-

AFTER.gif

Ram 1500 diesel Laramie Limited 4X4. After I stripped off the air bag suspension, badges and all chrome, I added a 6” BDS lift kits, custom wheels, 35” Toyo AT Xtreme tires, color matched Bushwhacker fender flares, color matched steel bumper, 12K winch, shackles front and rear, color matched grille, Powersteps, stubby antenna, Bedrug, BakFlip MX4 tonneau cover, Dee Zee tailgate assist, McGard tailgate lock, color matched side mirrors, handles, custom lights all around from Retroshop, window tinting, 360* camera surveillance system pretty, full recovery kit, pretty sure I’m forgetting other stuff.

With the Bedrug and Kodiak Canvas truck tent, I'm good to go pretty much anywhere.

59366919_10218742198727170_2183393113647611904_o.jpg

59941524_10218742198927175_4867218039755505664_n.jpg

59285390_10218742199167181_2032968631498833920_n.jpg

Strap a Bakcou Mule 1000 ebike to it and I'm good to go where the truck can't.

bikeonrack1.JPG

bikeload2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Top two reason I drive this:
1) Paid for
2) Has the correct license plate

Hobo

Attachments

• IMG_1601.JPG
    IMG_1601.JPG
    385.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1603.JPG
    IMG_1603.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 59
Crew cab long box Chevy 3500.

It's got enough space. Kids aren't bitching in the back seat, gun racks on the roof, topper can go on or off depending on how I'm feeling and what I'm doing.

And parts are cheap and available everywhere.

Only thing that sucks is 12mpg, but I go through less than 30 gallons a week so there's not enough savings to be had to change.
If I don't need a bed I have the wife's old Yukon. Denali trim sucks, but it's comfy and you can leave the hatch up with the a/c or heat blowing on you while you're hanging out.

This is my '98 Civic HX. I've had it since college and it's worth less than a paycheck at this point. I could upgrade, but I honestly can't find anything I would prefer to own and drive on a daily basis. Manual transmissions have long since fallen out of favor and modern cars cannot achieve the same fuel efficiency and remain compliant with their respective emissions and safety standards.

Pro's:
  • 40 mpg without trying
  • Enough cargo space for rifles
  • Incredible handling and manual trans make it a ton of fun to drive.
  • Surprisingly off-road capable (super light, just skips and hops over the mud and snow)
  • No one suspects it's full of nice rifles
Cons:
  • slow
  • ugly
  • really draws attention when the range parking lot is full of lifted trucks

IMG_6087.JPG

Honda's engineers were on fire in the '90s. Every manufacturer has their golden era. For Chevy it was the late 60's. BMW hit a home run in the 80's with the E30. Today I'm not sure if anyone is making good cars. But, for Honda and Japanese manufacturers in general, the 1990's were the golden era. They had the perfect mix of engineering talent and available technology to meet the new wave of environmental and safety regulation.

20200903_103341.jpg

2019 Subaru Outback. Not as sexy as a big 4x4 diesel (which I've owned many of), but gets me 35 mpg on the trip, and is pretty darn capable when I get there. Its stock right now, but I've got plans for a lift, armor, tires, winch, all the usual off road gear. This will make a very capable and practical vehicle that much more capable, and dare I say fun.. This picture is after chasing doves around in the low desert for a few days, solo, as always.

Semper Fi,

Thom

View attachment 7427533
2019 Subaru Outback. Not as sexy as a big 4x4 diesel (which I've owned many of), but gets me 35 mpg on the trip, and is pretty darn capable when I get there. Its stock right now, but I've got plans for a lift, armor, tires, winch, all the usual off road gear. This will make a very capable and practical vehicle that much more capable, and dare I say fun.. This picture is after chasing doves around in the low desert for a few days, solo, as always.

Semper Fi,

Thom
3/4 of a mile beyond where the [road] becomes "impassable" you will find a lesbian and a subaru having lunch...

Reactions: SpringThom
Honda's engineers were on fire in the '90s. Every manufacturer has their golden era. For Chevy it was the late 60's. BMW hit a home run in the 80's with the E30. Today I'm not sure if anyone is making good cars. But, for Honda and Japanese manufacturers in general, the 1990's were the golden era. They had the perfect mix of engineering talent and available technology to meet the new wave of environmental and safety regulation.

This is why i have an 88 325is. Current sitting with a 1998 M3 S52 engine in it. Potentially going to an S54 out of the E46 M3.

My daily is a '10 subaru impreza 2.5i which i absolutely despise. Was going to sell it after i had the motor rebuilt, gravel truck throws a massive rock into the windsheild. Thought okay couple hundred bucks and its out of my way.. nope, deer runs into the side of the fender and spins into the door.

So sad to say I am stuck with it. At least till it dies again