• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

postal money order PDF?

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    Quick question for you all;

Selling a scope. Have it listed on a few different forums. Gentleman agreed to purchase it (new member of site, no post count) , then today wanted to send me the postal MO order as a PDF along with a "transmittal document"...

I messaged him back saying just put it in the mail like normal...haven't heard back yet...

Has anyone heard of a PDF postal money order? Or run into this before?

I never ever ship until I get the money in my hands, and I've sold on that forum before. Just wanted to run this one by you all and see what you think.

Wait til you have the cash...new member/strange request would put my defenses up.

There is somebody out there stupid enough to fall for this and he is just looking to find him. Glad you did your detective work first. Now I'm just waiting for a member to sign up and tell everybody never to trust this guy because he is a scammer and will send you fake PDF's of money orders.

I'd let him email it to me, then you got him on a interstate fraud charge. [emoji4]

You guys are great. I did give his supplied name and address a google search and it came back to a lawyer in Cali...which I find funny. Maybe a call to the number I found is in store...

And just to clarify, said individual is not from this forum.