• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

**POSTPONED **South Dakota Fall Long Range Match / Run & Gun 2013

make sure you get ahold of andrew from raipd if you have an opening he was whining all day at pierre that he wasnt gonna get to come to your shoot

We plan to shoot rain or shine on Sat. If anyone can not make it please let us know so we can call the next guy on the waiting list.

Thanks!
Matt

Matt - please confirm your plan is to still hold event on Saturday snow or shine.

Thanks!

I will be making a decision tomorrow before noon, the forecast has gotten worst and worst for SAT. Sun looks much better and I spoke with many shooters today who thought SUN would work. Im interested to hear thoughts from the shooters. If there is a change I will call everyone on the list and advise them of it.

On a side note Shilen has sent us a gift cert. for 1/2 off a barrel as well.

Last edited:
Like I said in a PM, Sunday works for me. It has rained 1.5" here today and is still coming down. Supposed to turn to snow anytime and dump 4-6" with the Black Hills supposed to be getting 10-15". Could make for an interesting match lol

Moved from Sat to Sunday

Due to the severe winter weather we have decided to move the match from Saturday to SUNDAY.
Shooters Meeting will be held at 8:30am MT Sunday Oct 6. If you have any questions please call Matt at 605-457-2532

Might be tough to even find the targets come Sunday if the weather is as bad there as it is here lol...

3' and counting here. Not lookin too good.

Well the storm finally broke here last night around midnight but the damage is done. Dumped a shit load of snow and closed every road in eastern WY (still closed). If it hits the Wall area like it did NE WY and sounds like Sturgis, there is no way in hell there is going to be a shoot. My targets that are on 3' tall stands that I shoot from my house are no longer visible...

Postponed...

Just got the call that match is not going to happen tomorrow (Sunday the 6th). The storm won out. Matt is without power and 8-10" of snow blowing around.

Pass the word.

Well the storm finally broke here last night around midnight but the damage is done. Dumped a shit load of snow and closed every road in eastern WY (still closed). If it hits the Wall area like it did NE WY and sounds like Sturgis, there is no way in hell there is going to be a shoot. My targets that are on 3' tall stands that I shoot from my house are no longer visible...

We have had to postpone the match, we will try to pick a new date shortly. Drifts are 3-5 ft hard to say how much is on the level after the wind blew it around. Storm broke about a hour ago and visibility is a little better. Roads are still closed and blocked with huge drifts. We have not been able to get the range yet even with a front wheel assist tractor& loader.

Last edited:
We're all dug out for the most part but still a shit load if snow on the ground. Had to use the phone GPS and google maps to navigate around trying to find cows in an almost pure white out yesterday and today it was like 45° and sunny. Supposed to be 60-65° for the next week. Going to be mud and water everywhere.

Chad, Call me back if you have time. I have a few items to go over with you.
Steve

Matt. i believe there is 8 of us headed to the thunderbeast team challenge that weekend. Not sure if that matters but it is something to think about.

That's good to know about, we are just trying to figure out dates right now. Im am afraid if we push if back any further the weather could burn us again.
you get your lights back on yet? I know there's more lineman heading to that corner of the state tomorrow.......

Well it looks like the 26th is out, some of the guys had planned to head to the TBAC match and we don't want to conflict with that match.

Well like you said, the longer we wait the better the chances of getting skunked by weather. Hell how about next weekend?

If you end up with a few open spots I'm sure a couple guys from Gillette would come over to help fill the gaps on the LR portion at least. I can think of probably 3 off the top of my head with a possibility of 6-7.

I am already committed to a MG shoot next weekend in NEBRASKA, otherwise that would be the option. Nov 2 is the next one and that's getting dangerously close to "winter time". I got your message Dom, Ill give you a call tomorrow.

Bummer, I was hoping you guys would keep it on the 26th. There are three of us from Utah heading out that way for a few days and would have enoyed playing. If you change your minds and go with the 26th, PM me. Thanks.

Well guys at this point it looks like we are going to have to wait until the spring match. We have been unable to work out a date that I can make work for me and that ROs can make work for them. I would expect the spring match to be in mid-late June as usual.

Thank you for trying the weather got the best of us I hope you guys didn't have to much storm damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free