• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POWDER DISPENSER ADVICE.

abn_surfer

Vaya con Dios
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2009
    Coastal South-East
    Need some advice/guidance on electric powder dispensers. My RCBS Chargemaster lite died last night after a power outage. It’s been a while since I last got one and wanted to see if there was a new whiz-bang that is user friendly, cost effective and most importantly accurate. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, Y’all.

Need some advice/guidance on electric powder dispensers. My RCBS Chargemaster lite died last night after a power outage. It’s been a while since I last got one and wanted to see if there was a new whiz-bang that is user friendly, cost effective and most importantly accurate. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, Y’all.
    I have a MatchMaster and am very happy with it. Its accurate. Do higher end powder measures provide added benefit, probably so but nothing I'm going to miss.

If you are LEO, Mil, retired/just former of either then RCBS has a great discount program. I'm former USAF and all I needed was to send them a copy of my DD214.

Reactions: simonp
    OR if you can afford to wait 1 to ??? months, the Ingenuity Powder System is on preorder now.
    http://ingenuityprecision.com/product/ingenuity-powder-system/
    Just an FYI........

I just received an IP Trickler a couple of days ago as an add on for my Autotrickler. Waited 5.5 months for delivery. Stated/published delivery was 45 (working) days. Am I happy with it ? Yes. Am I going to upgrade to something newer/more wiz bang ? Unlikely. It's very well built and checks off most of the "objectionable" buttons I had with the (Autotrickler) V3 Trickler.

I have a suspicion the new unit from IP is going to be quite a wait. And......based on the growing pains that Adam MacDonald (and his customers) went through on his latest Autotrickler, I think I'd wait. But, that's just me.

Just an FYI........

I just received an IP Trickler a couple of days ago as an add on for my Autotrickler. Waited 5.5 months for delivery. Stated/published delivery was 45 (working) days. Am I happy with it ? Yes. Am I going to upgrade to something newer/more wiz bang ? Unlikely. It's very well built and checks off most of the "objectionable" buttons I had with the (Autotrickler) V3 Trickler.

I have a suspicion the new unit from IP is going to be quite a wait. And......based on the growing pains that Adam MacDonald (and his customers) went through on his latest Autotrickler, I think I'd wait. But, that's just me.

Thing is the IP trickler is a proven performer. The IP powder dropper doesn't have to be super accurate just in the ballpark. What I'm really looking forward to is the trickler controller that will come with the IP dropper. From what is shown in the video previews it is accurate down to a single kernel of powder.

I have the V3 dropper with the IP trickler which performs great as is, but it does over/under throw 1 kernel at times because it is still using the V3 controller. The IP controller looks like it gives you that last bit of control and accuracy.

Thing is the IP trickler is a proven performer. The IP powder dropper doesn't have to be super accurate just in the ballpark. What I'm really looking forward to is the trickler controller that will come with the IP dropper. From what is shown in the video previews it is accurate down to a single kernel of powder.

I have the V3 dropper with the IP trickler which performs great as is, but it does over/under throw 1 kernel at times because it is still using the V3 controller. The IP controller looks like it gives you that last bit of control and accuracy.
    Does your IP trickler start trickling when the v3 starts its powder dump?

Thanks. I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I think if it didn’t do that it would not ever go over
    I don't think it matters. Mine usually throws 1 kernel under, but occasionally goes 1 over. The little bit it trickles when the powder is dropped is insignificant. I can set it to trickle slower near the end of the charge and it will almost always be .02 gr under, but I wanted to keep the speed.

OR if you can afford to wait 1 to ??? months, the Ingenuity Powder System is on preorder now.
    http://ingenuityprecision.com/product/ingenuity-powder-system/
    It does look like a very interesting product but I sort of agree that it may take a bit of time to wring the bugs out based on the projects for Auto and Super Tricklers.

Anybody have any details on how the bulk dropper works? It seems to have two bushings....smaller and larger. But, how does it actually nail down a drop amount (less than final as that's where the trickler comes in). I'm guessing its not the bushing but timing of the gate that drops but wow....still not sure how it determines that time interval. The calibration function?

It does look like a very interesting product but I sort of agree that it may take a bit of time to wring the bugs out based on the projects for Auto and Super Tricklers.

Anybody have any details on how the bulk dropper works? It seems to have two bushings....smaller and larger. But, how does it actually nail down a drop amount (less than final as that's where the trickler comes in). I'm guessing its not the bushing but timing of the gate that drops but wow....still not sure how it determines that time interval. The calibration function?
    The top video (F-Class John) on the product page should answer most if not all your questions. I don't want to sidetrack this any further out of respect for the OP's question. I'm not even sure he is interested in this product.

There is another thread here that has most if not all the info on the IP trickler and powder dropper. The dropper info is in the last 5 or 6 pages.
    https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/ingenuity-precision-trickler.7139034/

Reactions: Baron23